The Guitar Thread.

I like it a lot. But for me it's more of s novelty. I play mostly metal, so I play the Ibanez a lot more often. It just has a much better feel when playing that kind of stuff. But the Gibson's tone is really nice and meaty.
Yeah definitely depends what sound your looking for.I love the 570 tone as well.

Nice, thoughtful reply.
Of course I'd love to own a MIDI ready, broad palette guitar like the Tiger.
But I'd feel like such a tool. It's too distinctive. With, say, an SRV copy, you're playing basically a Strat, and more or less the same with an EVH frankencopy.
There are repros I'd own, just not the Tiger.
It still kills me that he died. '95 was so long ago...

Yeah, I think I would personally feel weird about it, but i wouldn't think you or anyone else was a tool unless you were wearing tie dye and growing a bushy beard on top of it.

I've got a 2012 American Standard Strat. Olympic white with a maple fretboard. Mine is an early 2012 which still has the original standard pickups and not the fat 50s.

fender-american-standard-stratocaster-olympic-white-maple-fb-875x875.jpg

I've also got an old yamaha 335 rip off. An Sa 800. They sell pretty high on ebay. Pretty good guitar, it was my main guitar for years before I got my strat.

8232-1.jpg

For acoustic, I have a Simon and Patrick Woodland folk pro. I got a great price in this because it had been repaired. Paid 300 for it brand new from a refurb dealer. Great guitar, I probably play it more than my strat. Small body but actually sounds pretty good for rhythm guitar, heavy strumming stuff. Most people like smaller bodies for finger picking but its a good all around acoustic. All solid woods, spruce top and what they call mahogany for the body and neck. The neck I think is genuine mahogany. It has the look. The body I think is probably sapele or some other weird mahogany substitute. It sounds killer either way.

lougveezkdjyyphiexbd.jpg

My main amp is a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. Best amp I have ever played through.
f0hgdlgmqsizlhbwgbmf.jpg

I've got a bunch of pedals, some old Ross pedals from the 70s, a few pedals I've built from kits, a fuzz I built from scratch and an MXR Dynacomp.

Last edited:
So, to keep the thread going and because I had to post and dash, a little more info.
This is a 2013 American Deluxe, with LSR rolling nut and locking tuners.
The tuning is the stablest of any guitar I've owned, I can play it for a few days without having to adjust the tuning much, even while being a twang bar king.
Truthfully this is the finest guitar I've ever owned, just a sweet eight pounds of HSH fury; from the classic quack of a Strat to massively hot metal, from Knopfler to Adrian Smith, this baby delivers the sound I want.
I can play Waylon and ACDC in the same set with this ax.
Fenders are the goods. I don't care what anyone says.

For acoustic, I have a Simon and Patrick Woodland folk pro. I got a great price in this because it had been repaired. Paid 300 for it brand new from a refurb dealer. Great guitar, I probably play it more than my strat. Small body but actually sounds pretty good for rhythm guitar, heavy strumming stuff. Most people like smaller bodies for finger picking but its a good all around acoustic. All solid woods, spruce top and what they call mahogany for the body and neck. The neck I think is genuine mahogany. It has the look. The body I think is probably sapele or some other weird mahogany substitute. It sounds killer either way.

lougveezkdjyyphiexbd.jpg

My Dad's got a Simon and Patrick acoustic, one of the best acoustics i've played on.

1Ibanez-Herman Li Egen Electric Guitar - Platinum Blonde.jpg

This is another Herman Li Signature, but it's quite a bit more affordable than the purple one. Think I might buy it instead of the Charcoal Burst.

jackson-rhoads-rrxmg-black-yellow-3.jpg

Couldn't find a full sized picture of this one.

It's a Jackson X-Series Rhoads RRXMG, like the white one with the black pin stripes on the first page.

It's a Basswood body which I always associate with budget guitars, but every other Rhoads either: Doesn't have 24 frets, doesn't have a Floyd or is way too expensive.

It's a beautiful guitar and while I kind of don't like Black guitars as much as I used to back in the day, I think it's gorgeous, sorta looks like they're trying to redo Alexi's "Wild Child" signature that was stolen many years ago which caused him to switch to ESP.

JCS+Special+Edition+Rhoads+RR24+-+Black+with+Yellow+Bevels.png

This one is like 5K, but it's almost identical too Alexi's "Wild Child" signature, in look anyway.

I''e just ne'er been able to like V's.
I love how they play but not how they sit on you.

I''e just ne'er been able to like V's.
I love how they play but not how they sit on you.
I understand. It takes getting used too.

I've always found Strat bodies the most comfortable, but that's because I have the most experience with them. Strats usually have a "belly" cut in the top back of the guitar and I like to lean into my guitar sort of wedging it into position between my lap and my chest, gives me the most control over it, otherwise I find alot of guitars feel like they're going to fall forward and you can't get a good angle which limits the amount of control and comfort-ability you have with the instrument.

My plan is, too buy a budget RRV and try and get used too it. I've wanted an RRV since the first time I saw it, since I started paying guitar basically, Jackson guitars have been my favorite guitar brand since I started, Randy was a big influence on me when I first started playing like most young guitarists, so while I basically told myself that I'd always be a strat guy, a couple of days ago I said screw it and decided to throw a moderate amount of money on the table and try and develop a sense of feel and comfortability with the guitar model. The neck/fretboard is the most important thing for me, as long as the neck is comfortable and the action is at a reasonable level I can basically play any guitar and the Jackson necks are great, so no complaints there. I was trying out a RRV over at my local music store last week and I found myself getting used too it rather quickly(I was sitting on a stool though and I always found them too be very uncomfortable for playing any kind of guitar), I just had to figure out how to sit with it properly... BUT! I remembered that you don't always have to sit with a guitar, there are always guitar straps and then it doesn't matter how it feels sitting down.

Fenders are the goods. I don't care what anyone says.
Fenders are nice, they started a revolution and the strat is the most comfortable guitar too play.

I might fork over the dough and buy a decent one one of these days.

Fenders are nice, they started a revolution and the strat is the most comfortable guitar too play.

I might fork over the dough and buy a decent one one of these days.
Strats are, IMO, the most versatile guitars manufactured. You can do anything on a strat.

I've always found Strat bodies the most comfortable, but that's because I have the most experience with them. Strats usually have a "belly" cut in the top back of the guitar and I like to lean into my guitar sort of wedging it into position between my lap and my chest, gives me the most control over it, otherwise I find alot of guitars feel like they're going to fall forward and you can't get a good angle which limits the amount of control and comfort-ability you have with the instrument.

My plan is, too buy a budget RRV and try and get used too it. I've wanted an RRV since the first time I saw it, since I started paying guitar basically, Jackson guitars have been my favorite guitar brand since I started, Randy was a big influence on me when I first started playing like most young guitarists, so while I basically told myself that I'd always be a strat guy, a couple of days ago I said screw it and decided to throw a moderate amount of money on the table and try and develop a sense of feel and comfortability with the guitar model. The neck/fretboard is the most important thing for me, as long as the neck is comfortable and the action is at a reasonable level I can basically play any guitar and the Jackson necks are great, so no complaints there. I was trying out a RRV over at my local music store last week and I found myself getting used too it rather quickly(I was sitting on a stool though and I always found them too be very uncomfortable for playing any kind of guitar), I just had to figure out how to sit with it properly... BUT! I remembered that you don't always have to sit with a guitar, there are always guitar straps and then it doesn't matter how it feels sitting down.

A couple of months back the reveled they 7 version of the RR with a reversed headstock, may get one in future depending on price over here. I have a JS RR and had to get used to it for a while when i first had it.

Hey do you like the Edge Zero bridge?

I think I like the feel of the older Edge Pro and the Original Edge and Lo Pro.

I hope Ibanez would reisue the RG2570 with an Edge or Lo Pro.

Here is my RG 1570

179650_1813115973545_1262269_n.jpg

With my Old RG220b
179650_1813116013546_6442331_n.jpg

I would love to buy an RG2570 like this one. But I want the bridge customize to have the orginal edge or Lo pro and have the hardware colors change to True black instead of the cosmo black finish.
575da167.jpg

Last edited:
Hey do you like the Edge Zero bridge?

I think I like the feel of the older Edge Pro and the Original Edge and Lo Pro.

I hope Ibanez would reisue the RG2570 with an Edge or Lo Pro.

Here is my RG 1570

179650_1813115973545_1262269_n.jpg

With my Old RG220b
179650_1813116013546_6442331_n.jpg

I would love to buy an RG2570 like this one. But I want the bridge customize to have the orginal edge or Lo pro and have the hardware colors change to True black instead of the cosmo black finish.
575da167.jpg
Gotta be honest, I've played Ibanez for years, but it's really only been the same RG with an Edge III bridge so I can't comment on any of the others.

I've only ever had a Floyd 1000 series besides that on a completely different brand of guitar.

Gotta be honest, I've played Ibanez for years, but it's really only been the same RG with an Edge III bridge so I can't comment on any of the others.

I've only ever had a Floyd 1000 series besides that on a completely different brand of guitar.

Ah I see,

I actually prefer the older bridge specially the ones with locking studs since they are more stable, I think gotoh sells locking studs and If ever I will have my RG1570 refurbished I am going for the locking stud mod for the Edge pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back