The Guitar Thread.

I might redo this after a few months my main purpose for painting is not really aesthetics its more to protect the metal from corroding but still I want redo it. I used a brush so I can control the paint and avoid painting over the moving parts.
Oh right.You have problems with corrosion on that particular bridge?Its not treated with something for prevention of that?I mean obviously we sweat when we play + hundreds of other substances that get on the parts over time.

Oh right.You have problems with corrosion on that particular bridge?Its not treated with something for prevention of that?I mean obviously we sweat when we play + hundreds of other substances that get on the parts over time.

It is originally a cosmo black finish bridge according to people at Jemsite Cosmo black is really prone to corrosion and I think my sweat is more accidic than others or it is the climate so much humidity and I think the salty air from the Sea reaches far inland here in Manila.

It is originally a cosmo black finish bridge according to people at Jemsite Cosmo black is really prone to corrosion and I think my sweat is more accidic than others or it is the climate so much humidity and I think the salty air from the Sea reaches far inland here in Manila.
Definitely two of the worse things for your guitar...humidity & salt air,but obviously you know.Must be fuckin brutal on guitars in Manila man!

Definitely two of the worse things for your guitar...humidity & salt air,but obviously you know.Must be fuckin brutal on guitars in Manila man!

I remember Jaco Pastorius once said that the reason why he switch from the upright bass to the electric bass is because of the maintenance the contra bass is much more prone to humidity damage than the Solid body electric guitar bass.

Yeah I don't know shit about Kiesel guitars.

They might have the best tops in the game right now.
kse.jpg

They might have the best tops in the game right now.
kse.jpg
Yeah I know if they're still made like the Carvins were then they must be killer guitars!I'd love to try out one of those Jason Becker models...sweet!

I remember Jaco Pastorius once said that the reason why he switch from the upright bass to the electric bass is because of the maintenance the contra bass is much more prone to humidity damage than the Solid body electric guitar bass.
Yeah & he would know!

Just did a search on the Floyd Rose website and nothing comes up for a 1500 series

Only info i can find is - "they have stainless screws and saddles, as well as modified knife edges. The locking nut also had stainless steel clamps and screws" and that it has a hex screw arm holder - from here : http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-instrument-discussion/68196-floyd-rose-1500-series.html
Yeah, it's weird, it's listed on the Schecter website as "Floyd Rose 1500 series" and I'm like, what is it? Where can I research more about it? Does it even exist under that name?

The guys over at UG said it's just the name for the color, but that doesn't make sense since, the Banshee has a chrome finish and the JL-7 has a black finish, yet they're both listed as having Floyd Rose 1500 Series.

Did anyone see the Chris Latchford Kiesel, the gold one?

The Jackson guitars website is easily one of the worst I've ever seen.

Schecter has a custom guitar builder and a beautiful website, Ibanez also has a great website, Mayones, Caparison...

It's like Jackson just doesn't give a shit... they also need to come out with better mid range guitars. The Kelly for example either comes in a JS32, KEXMG or a fucking KE2. Big jump from 400-900 to 3700 friggin' dollars, you might as well just get a custom made guitar at that point. They need something in the middle that's still sub 2K but built with better shit than the lower end models... the KEXMG necks are painted with a gloss finish too, disgusting.

Don't even get me started on the Rhoads. Will probably never bother getting one of those though, too awkward to play sitting down or standing up. Sitting down you can't get comfortable with it and standing the balancing is all wrong and the neck dips unless you hold the thing in place.

End rant.

Last edited:
@ShinkanPo

Hey man, do you know anything about neck finishes?

You've had alot of experience with Ibanez right? What sort of finish does a Wizard II/III and/or Wizard Premium neck have? Tongue Oiled?

I ask because, I'm very used too the neck on my RG370DX and it has either a Wizard II or III neck. It's what I developed my skills on, so it's what feels most comfortable, but I don't know which it is, Satin or Tongue Oiled. I think it's Oiled, because it's shiny, but I really have no clue.

Also, is there a huge difference in feel between Satin and Tongue Oiled? I read that Satin wears down too Gloss eventually, so I'm worried about that, because I changed my mind again and am thinking about getting a Schecter Blackjack and they come with Satin necks.

Last edited:
From what I know it is satin lacquer I don't have any problems with it as it feels much smoother than other guitars like when I compared it to the Yamaha RGX of my cousin he said that it is still unusually smooth for an old guitar.

I have a 17 year old Ibanez RG 220 and it still feels smooth.

So I'm getting back to playing guitar can anyone recommend a decent small amp - I'm an apartment dweller so I cannot have some loud ass stack ATM. Plus, I'm just getting back in to guitar playing after about 10yrs or so of not playing at all.

I was thinking of getting a pignose - anyone have experience with Pignose amps or similar size practice size amps. Are pignose strictly battery operated?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

So I'm getting back to playing guitar can anyone recommend a decent small amp - I'm an apartment dweller so I cannot have some loud ass stack ATM. Plus, I'm just getting back in to guitar playing after about 10yrs or so of not playing at all.

I was thinking of getting a pignose - anyone have experience with Pignose amps or similar size practice size amps. Are pignose strictly battery operated?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

How small are we talking about do you need like a porta amp that can fit in a bag? or like a 8" speaker?

I recomend Orange Amps their budget amsps sounds good and full despite being just like 20 or 15watts with an 8" speaker it sounds full on its own just the overdrive.

How small are we talking about do you need like a porta amp that can fit in a bag? or like a 8" speaker?

I recomend Orange Amps their budget amsps sounds good and full despite being just like 20 or 15watts with an 8" speaker it sounds full on its own just the overdrive.
Something small with decent sound that won't get me hated by my neighbours. That is why I was thinking a pignose or something similar - I'd say noting over 20 watt - keep in mind I have not played regularly in about 10yr and have not picked up a guitar in about 3yrs. So I'm not looking for anything over the top.

I was looking at some small Orange Amps as well.

Something small with decent sound that won't get me hated by my neighbours. That is why I was thinking a pignose or something similar - I'd say noting over 20 watt - keep in mind I have not played regularly in about 10yr and have not picked up a guitar in about 3yrs. So I'm not looking for anything over the top.

I was looking at some small Orange Amps as well.

Those fingers will hurt I have a hard time buidling callouses my skin is so soft If I stop playing for a week boom its is gone and lose all my fingering strength.

Those fingers will hurt I have a hard time buidling callouses my skin is so soft If I stop playing for a week boom its is gone and lose all my fingering strength.
Yeah I was strumming a bit tonight and the tips of my fingers are sore as hell and I can feel the fingers not used to the movements and almost cramping up. And that was just strumming some chords.

If i have time this afternoon I might go check out the music store near and look at the pignose or Orange Micro Terror 20 Watt.

*From reviews and research - looks like the Orange micro terror would be my best option.

Last edited:
Back