The Guitar Thread.

Took a few photos of my RG collection:

IMG_3212.JPG

Left to right:

RG350EX: Traded a BC Rich Ironbird for it. Has a terrible Edge III bridge, but came with a Tremol-no, and a Seymour Duncan Invader and Dimebucker, so pretty good deal imo. Definitely a better feeling/playing guitar than the awful BC Rich I had, even if that one had a better bridge. I can always block it, and considering I didn't pay a cent for it, I don't mind upgrading the bridge down the line .

RG870QMZ: This is the one I posted a bit about. Beautiful guitar, plays really well, has a great bridge in the Edge Zero II. I'll never buy anything from Ibanez ever again that doesn't atleast have this bridge on it. Bought it for 550, fantastic deal all things considered, couldn't be more happy with it. It'll be my main 6 string, along with, once I get around to ordering it in, the Schecter Blackjack that I'm looking at.

RG370DX: Pretty similar too the 350, same bridge, neck, even had the same pickups. Had this guitar for over a decade now. Planning on modding it eventually, along with the other two. If it's at all possible I'll buy an OFR(or an Edge Zero II, might work out better) for both the 350 and 370 and install them and get upgraded pickups on the 370.

@ShinkanPo

You know about bridges, can you switch an Edge III for an Edge Zero II or something of equal or better quality?

Last edited:
Took a few photos of my RG collection:

View attachment 163791

Left to right:

RG350EX: Traded a BC Rich Ironbird for it. Has a terrible Edge III bridge, but came with a Tremol-no, and a Seymour Duncan Invader and Dimebucker, so pretty good deal imo. Definitely a better feeling/playing guitar than the awful BC Rich I had, even if that one had a better bridge. I can always block it, and considering I didn't pay a cent for it, I don't mind upgrading the bridge down the line .

RG870QMZ: This is the one I posted a bit about. Beautiful guitar, plays really well, has a great bridge in the Edge Zero II. I'll never buy anything from Ibanez ever again that doesn't atleast have this bridge on it. Bought it for 550, fantastic deal all things considered, couldn't be more happy with it. It'll be my main 6 string, along with, once I get around to ordering it in, the Schecter Blackjack that I'm looking at.

RG370DX: Pretty similar too the 350, same bridge, neck, even had the same pickups. Had this guitar for over a decade now. Planning on modding it eventually, along with the other two. If it's at all possible I'll buy an OFR(or an Edge Zero II, might work out better) for both the 350 and 370 and install them and get upgraded pickups on the 370.

@ShinkanPo

You know about bridges, can you switch an Edge III for an Edge Zero II or something of equal or better quality?

Oh God I love the 370Dx if not for the Edge III....... on it... I love solid gloss black guitars with gloss black hardware and I love the shark fin inlay... I would love it more if the pickups are direct mounted!!!

As for the Bridge I don't think there is a drop in replacement for the Edge III or any other Ibanez bridge in particular, there will be always wood work involved replacing Ibanez bridges.

Edge Zero II has a different routing specially with the ZPS I think it needs a bigger routing in the back more wood needs to be removed...

If I am the owner of the guitar I will buy a used Orignal Edge or Lo Pro... but Edge Zero II is also a great tremolo it is as stable as the Original edge because of the locking studs. I am just a snob when it comes to bridges as I love the original Edge because of its massive architecture....

I would kill for this Guitar....

1600-RG655GK_angle.jpg

RG655_GK_00_02.png

Or if they could field a Gloss black finish version of this..
RG652K_KB_00_02.png

Dammn

Ibanez why??? Why did you stop producing the USRG Line? Like the USRG20

Even they J.Custom is limited nowadays they are currently selling Japan for 2016 since it is the 20th aniversary of the J.Custom line.

But the USA Custom never returned.

I want this models back... Damn it why do these manufacturers stop producing model lines that are good...

usrg-loris-01.jpg

Here is John Petrucci ripping some blues on a USRG model.

It seems the JPM series are based on the USRG template.

expansion.php
6.jpg

Bring back this Guitars!!!!!!!!

I think the closest today we can have are the RG prestige line with the RG655 with the Tone Zone Airnorton set up.

I wish Ibanez did a few more reverse headstocks

What is the Adbantage of the reverse stock? I have never tried one. Does it do some thing for the tension?

Supposedly there is but i think it depends on who you ask.

I just like the look of certain guitars with reverse headstocks.

Right now, 1986 Fender Jaguar and Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue (but thinking of trading it for a Princeton).

I'm with @Seano, Fender is where it's at.

I also have a Martin acoustic, a 60's SG MIJ copy that I bought as a kid for $90, and a Vox ac15.

IMG_5228.JPG

Last edited:
Just want to share this link here

I just love the melodic phrase at 1:15, the timing of that was just awesome as it evokes a more positive emotion from the previous dark riffs.

Dammn

Ibanez why??? Why did you stop producing the USRG Line? Like the USRG20

Even they J.Custom is limited nowadays they are currently selling Japan for 2016 since it is the 20th aniversary of the J.Custom line.

But the USA Custom never returned.

I want this models back... Damn it why do these manufacturers stop producing model lines that are good...

usrg-loris-01.jpg

Here is John Petrucci ripping some blues on a USRG model.

It seems the JPM series are based on the USRG template.

expansion.php
6.jpg

Bring back this Guitars!!!!!!!!

I think the closest today we can have are the RG prestige line with the RG655 with the Tone Zone Airnorton set up.
I always wanted the Paul GIlbert Ibanez guitar form back in the day that's feature here.

Now he plays that awful looking reverse Iceman. the "Fireman".

I always wanted the Paul GIlbert Ibanez guitar form back in the day that's feature here.

Now he plays that awful looking reverse Iceman. the "Fireman".

And I want the JPM series.

Also I wish they bring back the gloss black Bridges in their High end series..as an option..

Ibanez%20JPM100%20P1.jpg

Damn you Jackson, another to my GAS list
J6327503X-P_1471ce8f-45c4-4075-b3e7-e76927d0c4a3.jpg

Kind of OT but damn this still makes me want to cry.. I don't know why

At 8:37 damnn,

Then Finale Lyrics.. at 15:10.. It is just so meaningful to me specially when you get depressed and try to search the meaning of life...

V. Surrender, Trust & Passion]

To really feel the joy in life
You must suffer through the pain
When you surrender to the light
You can face the darkest days

If you open up your eyes
And you put your trust in love
On those cold and endless nights
You will never be alone

Passion glows within your heart
Like a furnace burning bright
Until you struggle through the dark
You'll never know that you're alive

Never know
Never know
You'll never know
Never know
Never know

Last edited:
Figuring out a custom guitar and getting exactly what you want is a pain in the ass.

I'm looking at the Halo and Carvin(Kiesel) Custom shops right now, basically since I got home I've been looking at them.

I'm not sure if I can trust Halo, but they have an online customization program where you can upload a visual of anything that's available in the custom options. BIG help in figuring out if you're making the guitar you really want, but I don't know if Halo is a trustworthy company... thing is, I basically made what certainly looks online(this may vary it says) like the perfect guitar for me. Wish I could upload an image of it, but it won't let me.

It's basically got:

Black hardware
Floyd Rose Original
Ebony Fretboard
Abalone Sharkfin Inlays and Bindings on the body and neck
California Buckeye Burl(this shit makes the guitar just look AMAZING)
Black and red burst
7 Strings

It's rediculous... most beautiful guitar I think I've ever laid eyes on.

Carvin have better prices and many options(sort of) but seem too limit the options judging on which base model guitar you choose. Weird thing is, I can't seem too choose the actual color of the guitar anymore when I'm looking at the options... might have to say screw it and call and have a lengthy chat with the Carvin/Kiesel staff.

Anyway... fun, but annoying at the same time.

I am going to take my RG1570 to the Luthier later this month she needs a re fret and over all tuneup I got that axe in November 2010, So that is considered an old guitar for me!!

I only tried a Gotoh Floyd license once, So I can't compare it to other Trems that are familiar to me mainly Ibanez and Yamaha Trems.

But they say a Gotoh Floyd is really good and stable and kinda feels similar to the original Ibanez edge as they are the same manufacturer.

The reason I am interested is because I have an older RG220 from 1999 and it has a crappy Tremolo a single lock licensed Floyd.

It needs to have some wood taken out but I am okay with that as I know a competent luthier who can do that heck I might even opt to refinish it and removed the mounting rings make at ala Prestige or Premium look!!!

dc7x-cs-aat-rnc-bbe-fdc-ash-fph-5mw-bmf-nin-stjf-tn-bc-dslb-726-50caliburst-blackcherry-treatedboard-doubleblack-125126_gallery.jpg

dc7x-rnc-fdc-aat-bbe-ash-fph-bmf-stjf-nin-5mw-tn-bc-dslb-726-50caliburst-purple-treatedboard-lightblack-125124_gallery.jpg

dc7x-rnc-fdc-aat-bbe-ash-fph-bmf-tn-stjf-nin-5mw-dslb-bc-726-50caliburst-aqua-treatedboard-baked-125131_gallery.jpg

Carvin(Kiesel) DC7X's... I came... I came hard, multiple times.

This model with a good bit of customization goes for around 2100-2200 dollars... that's insane... fuck all other custom guitar shops, Carvin is the shit... I think I'm gonna get 4 made over the next few years, if I ever bother with Jackson or anyone else, it won't be for a long time...

Back