The Gypsy King is back! #returnofthemac

• Thread starter Deleted member 453401
  • Start date
I don't know how he is still saying he is innocent if he got a 2 year ban... he was guilty, caught juicing and banned even if he served the ban pretending to retire.

. He wont be the same after putting on all that weight and binging on drugs
. He doesn't have a great chin
. He doesn't hit very hard

=

Joshua walks through him.
Wilder walks through him.

Parker is the only champ he has a chance of beating and I don't even think he needs to be as good as he was at his best to beat Parker.

people have some wierd fucking opinion of Fury that i just dont get

he beat Wlad in one of the shittest fights of all time, where both guys were too scared to throw a punch, and other than that his best wins are against Chisora

it baffles me that people hold him in such high regard off the back of him fighting Wlad and barely scraping a win

people hold him in high regard as he is a far better boxer than any of the current champions. He also has massive physical advantages. And he didn't just beat chisora, he quit after eating jabs for half an hour and not landing 1 significant punch that I can remember. If (and that's a big if) he returns motivated and in his normal fighting condition id pick him over current champions.

I don't know how he is still saying he is innocent if he got a 2 year ban... he was guilty, caught juicing and banned even if he served the ban pretending to retire.

. He wont be the same after putting on all that weight and binging on drugs
. He doesn't have a great chin
. He doesn't hit very hard

=

Joshua walks through him.
Wilder walks through him.

Parker is the only champ he has a chance of beating and I don't even think he needs to be as good as he was at his best to beat Parker.

Not sure how you can question his chin when hes never been hurt. It was a flash knock dfown from Cunningham, his head was clear straight away.

hes not the biggest puncher but you don't have to be if your opponent is walking on to shots. its the exact reason why Wlad was so gunshy. He can knock any of the 3 champions out because none of them have great footwork or head movement

people hold him in high regard as he is a far better boxer than any of the current champions. He also has massive physical advantages. And he didn't just beat chisora, he quit after eating jabs for half an hour and not landing 1 significant punch that I can remember. If (and that's a big if) he returns motivated and in his normal fighting condition id pick him over current champions.
Chisora sucks.

Not sure how you can question his chin when hes never been hurt. It was a flash knock dfown from Cunningham, his head was clear straight away.

hes not the biggest puncher but you don't have to be if your opponent is walking on to shots. its the exact reason why Wlad was so gunshy. He can knock any of the 3 champions out because none of them have great footwork or head movement

Even still Cunningham is a cruiserweight and not much of a puncher at that. Fury doesn't have a great chin.

I would doubt he can knock the other champs out. His punch power is a fraction of the others, Joshua walks through his shots and puts him on his arse. I don't see it being a close fight.

Fury only get regarded so highly for beating Wlad when Wlad fought one of his worst career performances, he didn't show up to do anything but hug Fury.

Even still Cunningham is a cruiserweight and not much of a puncher at that. Fury doesn't have a great chin.

I would doubt he can knock the other champs out. His punch power is a fraction of the others, Joshua walks through his shots and puts him on his arse. I don't see it being a close fight.

Fury only get regarded so highly for beating Wlad when Wlad fought one of his worst career performances, he didn't show up to do anything but hug Fury.

But he didn’t hurt him, it’s clear to see if you look at the fight, or the gif on this thread. So I’m not sure how you can say he’s not durable unless you’ve sparred him or know something the rest of us don’t?

As per my post every fighter has to close the distance to get near him. He doesn’t need to be a concussive puncher to hurt these guys when they are walking on to his shots.

Ya Im sure that punch knocking him on his ass just tickled. Better take a look at his eyes when that lands.

But he didn’t hurt him, it’s clear to see if you look at the fight, or the gif on this thread. So I’m not sure how you can say he’s not durable unless you’ve sparred him or know something the rest of us don’t?

As per my post every fighter has to close the distance to get near him. He doesn’t need to be a concussive puncher to hurt these guys when they are walking on to his shots.

Don't think he has a weak chin but getting dropped is getting dropped. Someone with a granite chin would have ate that shot so said he hasn't a GREAT chin.

there is very little distance to close though, against Wilder and Joshua who are very similar in size I don't see him being able to keep them at distance for 12 rounds, his power isn't enough to deter them, I think they could walk through a shot to land one and come off better because of his lack of power.

Parker is a different story, after the Hughie Fury fight I think Tyson could show up at 300lbs and whoop him.

Don't think he has a weak chin but getting dropped is getting dropped. Someone with a granite chin would have ate that shot so said he hasn't a GREAT chin.

there is very little distance to close though, against Wilder and Joshua who are very similar in size I don't see him being able to keep them at distance for 12 rounds, his power isn't enough to deter them, I think they could walk through a shot to land one and come off better because of his lack of power.

Parker is a different story, after the Hughie Fury fight I think Tyson could show up at 300lbs and whoop him.

Being dropped isn’t necessarily due to a lack of durability. You can be off balance even a little and go over with a decent shot. Recovery is all important and his head didn’t even get close to hitting the canvas; he wasn’t hurt.

Wlad couldn’t get near him and he is the same size as both wilder and Joshua with far better footwork. You can’t hit a guy that you can’t get near, and that will be their problem. Joshua had this problem with wlad so fury will be far harder to hit without over reaching and being countered. These guys will have to take a shot to land, and even then they could well be out of range

That’s what I think and hopefully we will actually see fury back because the division still looks shite as it stands

But funnily enough he'd be the 3rd best opponent on Wilder's record.
But yet still totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Chisora is a can.

Being dropped isn’t necessarily due to a lack of durability. You can be off balance even a little and go over with a decent shot. Recovery is all important and his head didn’t even get close to hitting the canvas; he wasn’t hurt.

Wlad couldn’t get near him and he is the same size as both wilder and Joshua with far better footwork. You can’t hit a guy that you can’t get near, and that will be their problem. Joshua had this problem with wlad so fury will be far harder to hit without over reaching and being countered. These guys will have to take a shot to land, and even then they could well be out of range

That’s what I think and hopefully we will actually see fury back because the division still looks shite as it stands
Wlad threw a whopping 5 punches the whole fight. Fury isnt some defensive god and Joshua and Wilder can both knock his block off. They arent fighting timidly like Wlad. Hed actually have to deal with guys who came to fight.

And yes Cunningham knocked the shit out of him.

Wlad threw a whopping 5 punches the whole fight. Fury isnt some defensive god and Joshua and Wilder can both knock his block off. They arent fighting timidly like Wlad. Hed actually have to deal with guys who came to fight.

And yes Cunningham knocked the shit out of him.

Lol he got a flash knock down. Then Cunningham got roughed up and sparked out. It’s laughable trying to make out he’s chinny when none of us actually know.

As for wlad he didn’t throw any punches because he couldn’t get near him. Just like Joshua struggled to get to wlad. I absolutely think he beats wilder and probably Joshua if he can ever get back to where he was. With these guys both having poor footwork, and having to step in the pocket to land he can absolutely knock them both out

Lol he got a flash knock down. Then Cunningham got roughed up and sparked out. It’s laughable trying to make out he’s chinny when none of us actually know.

As for wlad he didn’t throw any punches because he couldn’t get near him. Just like Joshua struggled to get to wlad. I absolutely think he beats wilder and probably Joshua if he can ever get back to where he was. With these guys both having poor footwork, and having to step in the pocket to land he can absolutely knock them both out
Didnt call him chinny. I said Cunningham knocked the shit out of him, which he did. Watch his facial expressions and reactions. Eyes dont roll like that from a knock down thwt didnt hurt.

Wlad didnt attempt anything vs Fury. Lol @ Joshua struggling to get Wlad. Must be why he was on his ass so many times.

Sure man.

cunningham_knocks_down_fury.0.gif

If either Wilder or AJ lands on Fury like that it's most likely nap time for Fury, or at the very least he'll be on queer street long enough to get finished off.

Didnt call him chinny. I said Cunningham knocked the shit out of him, which he did. Watch his facial expressions and reactions. Eyes dont roll like that from a knock down thwt didnt hurt.

Wlad didnt attempt anything vs Fury. Lol @ Joshua struggling to get Wlad. Must be why he was on his ass so many times.

Yeah he was so badly hurt that that his head didn’t get near to hitting the canvas. He held his head up as he went down and got straight back up! You don’t have that control if you’re buzzed. He also got him on the forehead. I’ve had bruising on my forehead boxing but never been buzzed from it! It’s not like getting caught on the jaw, or below the ear

There’s a reason why Joshua ‘should’ve’ been behind on the scorecards going in to the 11th because he was missing him for most of the fight. He’s a destructive puncher and got him in the end but if you think he had much success other than the 11th I suggest you watch the fight again. Even when he had him down in the 5th Joshua was the one that struggled to make the Bell

Back