The hardest hardship you've been through?

P

Pugilistic

People like rag on modern people for complaining about relatively easy things and not understanding true hardship. I'm one of those people but if I think about it, I don't think I ever had a real hardship. I realize this so I make fun of myself when I find myself complaining about something.

I've had some shitty times like everybody but most of my shitty experiences have been within the spectrum of a normal modern life. When I really young I apparently got in a super serious car crash (car went off a bridge and landed upside-down) but I don't remember this. As a kid I got made fun of in school and didn't have many friends. My parents, my teachers, and older students at school beat my ass, which isn't a good thing, but it's not worse than what most kids go through where I'm from. I got my heart broken and went through depression in college, which is not unique. I went to the army against my will, which is arguably the shittiest experience of my life, but really because it was against my will and it's also experienced by the vast majority of men in my country so I can't say I had it worse.

Boxing training was hard as fuck, and getting seriously injured in a fight and having to go through major surgery was probably my worst physical ordeal, but this was a result of me volunteering to fight. I think how lucky I am to fight because I want to, and to be hurt in a country with modern medicine.

When I think back, no matter how shitty I think my life may have been, I am fortunate to never have had any truly hard experiences like having my parents die, being sexually molested, losing a sibling or a close friend, being in combat, or getting mauled by a bear or something.

What about you guys. What do you consider your hardship in life?

Nothing that hard as your examples (being sexually molested, losing a sibling or a close friend, being in combat, or getting mauled by a bear)

Probably dealing with all the Boise 6 groupies once they learn I'm a Sherdog regular with an above-average like-to-post ratio.

It's hectic

Mine was self-induced (alcoholism) so I can't really complain lol

Bankruptcy.

It got to the point where my phone was ringing all day every day and people were starting to visit my house. The tipping point was when my car got repoed and then they sued me for the remaining balance after the auction.

I've been sexually molested by 2 fat girls and a hot girl in a club. If it wasn't for me being able to focus on the one hot girl during the assault, I'd be mentally scarred.

God bless that hot girl!

Went to Chipotle but couldn't afford the guac.

Bankruptcy.

It got to the point where my phone was ringing all day every day and people were starting to visit my house. The tipping point was when my car got repoed and then they sued me for the remaining balance after the auction.

Damn. Glad you made it out.

I read this the other day

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-man-took-life-after-10325193

and saw the footage when they were harassing him before they took his bike, which was his only way of making money. You could see the look of helplessness on his face. Really sad stuff.

Makes you think there should be some way to freeze the debt and let people work to pay it off and then maybe they wouldn't commit suicide?

I once had to bang a 10 with a condom...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Lost my dad back when I was 19. Beyond that every other hardship in my life is just trivial in comparison.

Makes you think there should be some way to freeze the debt and let people work to pay it off and then maybe they wouldn't commit suicide?

True. It's hard once it gets to that point. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle like 12 different payment plans at once and I'm sure the guy in the article couldn't either. The petition for bankruptcy puts an immediate stop to all collections efforts including calls and lawsuits, but it cost me $1500 in total ($300 of that was just hiring an attorney). That was my Christmas bonus!

I was a poor starving student who had to bum food off friends and steal toilet paper.

Dealing with racist blacks and Mexicans has been difficult.
#getwhitey

I've been pretty fortunate in my life to have an awesome family, and friends that always have my back. I've never really gone through any real hardships.

When I look at whats happening in Cali, all the destruction, people and animals dying, it makes any hardship I've gone through seem pretty mild in comparison.

Several incidents self induced or otherwise.
Losing my dad was rough, but I came back I still miss him all the time..dealing with some of the things I did in my past is also hard and just realizing how stupid I was.

got dubs once, almost left forever

"One woman's battle against a yeast infection. Set against the background of the tragic season of the 1991 Buffalo Bills." - Naked Gun 2 1/2

I spent a night lying on three seats in a train that went back and forth from Ealing to Reading, dressed in work clothes that were saturated with expired bedbug killer, whilst picking bedbugs off my shoulders. I had a 6am start that morning and I had to work an eight hour shift like that.

Losing a loved one to cancer. Sitting with them every night in the hospital for months, trying to comfort them somehow knowing they have 1-2 years to live. Trying to put yourself in their shoes. It's just plain horrible.

Back