The hardest hardship you've been through?

aint no one wanna read a bunch of sad shit. ive been thru some shit i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy, but comapred to some other im sure its nothing. all relative i guess

m96jjd.jpg

People like rag on modern people for complaining about relatively easy things and not understanding true hardship. I'm one of those people but if I think about it, I don't think I ever had a real hardship. I realize this so I make fun of myself when I find myself complaining about something.

I've had some shitty times like everybody but most of my shitty experiences have been within the spectrum of a normal modern life. When I really young I apparently got in a super serious car crash (car went off a bridge and landed upside-down) but I don't remember this. As a kid I got made fun of in school and didn't have many friends. My parents, my teachers, and older students at school beat my ass, which isn't a good thing, but it's not worse than what most kids go through where I'm from. I got my heart broken and went through depression in college, which is not unique. I went to the army against my will, which is arguably the shittiest experience of my life, but really because it was against my will and it's also experienced by the vast majority of men in my country so I can't say I had it worse.

Boxing training was hard as fuck, and getting seriously injured in a fight and having to go through major surgery was probably my worst physical ordeal, but this was a result of me volunteering to fight. I think how lucky I am to fight because I want to, and to be hurt in a country with modern medicine.

When I think back, no matter how shitty I think my life may have been, I am fortunate to never have had any truly hard experiences like having my parents die, being sexually molested, losing a sibling or a close friend, being in combat, or getting mauled by a bear or something.

What about you guys. What do you consider your hardship in life?

<34>Oh, you wanna know about hardship....

Look up " The Red Famine ".

Horrible, hell on earth situations the people before us had to endure.

Most difficult thing I have had to do is watch my wife have 5 strokes in a 2 year period and see her deteriorate from the vibrant, beautiful, and intelligent woman into a shell of her former self.

My very first open heart surgery when I was just shy of 2 years old.Parents found out about this when I became very sick one day and was taken to my pediatrician who immediately called my cardiologist and had my parents take me to St. Francis hospital to see him. Born with Noonan Syndrome and my cardiologist found out that there was a hole in my heart leaking blood. To make a long story short my cardiologist Dr. Reitman (Who I owe my life to) who has since retired let my parents know that I needed to have open heart surgery or else I would die within the next few weeks. I didn't know until a few years ago that I only had a 10% chance at surviving the surgery

Suffered sexual abuse from two family members from the ages of 7-13, had a second routine open heart surgery at 12, suffer from major depression (hung myself in 2003), ended up with nearly debilitating heroin problem (three major overdoses and countless ER visitys) from around 2005 til 2012 (inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, 2 psych ward visits, outpatient psych, therapy) and a bunch of other personal problems. I am now 34 have a good job (been with them for 5 years), came to terms with the abuse I suffered, kicked my habit and have put my depression in check.

After my second open heart
xavnSU0.jpg

m96jjd.jpg

My very first open heart surgery when I was just shy of 2 years old.Parents found out about this when I became very sick one day and was taken to my pediatrician who immediately called my cardiologist and had my parents take me to St. Francis hospital to see him. Born with Noonan Syndrome and my cardiologist found out that there was a hole in my heart leaking blood. To make a long story short my cardiologist Dr. Reitman (Who I owe my life to) who has since retired let my parents know that I needed to have open heart surgery or else I would die within the next few weeks. I didn't know until a few years ago that I only had a 10% chance at surviving the surgery

Suffered sexual abuse from two family members from the ages of 7-13, had a second routine open heart surgery at 12, suffer from major depression (hung myself in 2003), ended up with nearly debilitating heroin problem (three major overdoses and countless ER visitys) from around 2005 til 2012 (inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, 2 psych ward visits, outpatient psych, therapy) and a bunch of other personal problems. I am now 34 have a good job (been with them for 5 years), came to terms with the abuse I suffered, kicked my habit and have put my depression in check.

After my second open heart
xavnSU0.jpg

<{Fergie}> Wow bud, that was a hard road. Congrats on not giving up on yourself.

I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again

Reading @Pugilistic's posts.
Dad dying.
Being hooked on benzos.

In that order.
My threads are literally the worst thing to happen in history.

Look up " The Red Famine ".
Horrible, hell on earth situations the people before us had to endure.

There is a long list of hellish situations from the early 20th century alone. My thread was specifically inspired by me listening to Dan Carlin's podcast about the USS Indianapolis. Men who's ship got torpedoed leaving them stranded in the middle of the ocean in the scorching tropical sun for days without food and water all the while sharks are eating their friends. There are entire generations of people who went through such experiences in their youth and I didn't experience anything that bad. Makes me feel like a pussy.

Even my grandmother lived through WWII/The Japanese occupation then had to go through the Korean war, then later her husband served in Vietnam only to die a year after his return leaving her to take care of two young kids on her own. At a time and society where women were treated like shit. I have tremendous respect for my grandmother. She probably doesn't understand how I'm not doing more with my life despite having easier life conditions.

And holy fucking shit @Satanical Eve. Much respect man

Grew up poor dad died at 19 mom at 21 and it life was a pretty uphill battle for a good part of my 20s due to some bad decisions I made while I wasnt thinking like myself . Didnt die or get locked up and now live in the suburbs. Life will usually sorta kinda work out if you hang in there

I just remembered I go through the most difficult endeavor a man could face
I'm a manlet

Only real difficulty I've had to deal with was my little sisters suicide. Other than that I've pretty much slid through life without much in the way of real difficulties.

Company decided to turn down the heat by 1 degree to decrease carbon footprint. I feel kinda cold right now.

And of course having to carry a stick to swat away all the hot bitches constantly swarming me.

I didn't think so many sherdoggers would have had such hardships. Didn't think that was possible being 6'3 and jacked with 10/10 aesthetics.

Wow that sucks. Financial troubles must be one of the worst "common" hardships modern people. I went through a time when I had literally 20 bucks at most in my pocket and had to make excuses why I couldn't go out when my friends asked me to hang out. When I told them I didn't have money they would be like "come on just one drink, it's not that expensive." Spending 5-6 bucks on a beer was a quarter of my entire wealth lol. Luckily though my parents let me stay with them so I didn't have to starve.
Those are shitty/cheap friends, my friends will buy me drinks/food ask me if they can get me anything else.. That's the type of people you want in your life.

Losing Mom/Dad/Sister in a 3 year period..no other blood relatives in contact..

For me it has been dealing with an autoimmune disease. Lots of pain and fatigue to deal with all to often.

Grew up in a cult.
Gave up a good job in search of greener pastures. Then spent 2017 bouncing between unemployment and low paying, entry level jobs while trying to support a family and pay mortgage/bills. 2018 things turned around and have been great.

Guac is supposed to be good for you though. I blow so much money on food and supplements that are supposedly healthy.

What I don't understand is why other Mexican food spots can include it for free, but they charge $2.

Inb4: You sound poor!

Health issues, medical malpractice + death of loved ones. Being gas lighted also sucks. Those things in combination can be hard.

Check out aip diet bro.

Yeah will do.. i have definate issues when it comes to food, but its mostly mental issues.. in fact its all mental..
thanks

Lost my dad to lupus when i was 3..

I dont have any memories but judging from the stories and pics..i am identical..that ruins me

So my mother was left with me and my older bro who got hooked on heroin and jumped from our balcony when i was 20
The sad thing is i embraced the 'victim' role and that fucked me up in life..despite all this shit i had it good compared.to other folks who had hardship

And all loving mothers are saints..god bless them...i could kill a dozen of people and a hot nice dinnner would wait for me at home...

Grew up poor dad died at 19 mom at 21 and it life was a pretty uphill battle for a good part of my 20s due to some bad decisions I made while I wasnt thinking like myself . Didnt die or get locked up and now live in the suburbs. Life will usually sorta kinda work out if you hang in there
Can I live with you?

Back