The hardest hardship you've been through?

Bankruptcy.

It got to the point where my phone was ringing all day every day and people were starting to visit my house. The tipping point was when my car got repoed and then they sued me for the remaining balance after the auction.
You sound like you were poor

Nothing that hard as your examples (being sexually molested, losing a sibling or a close friend, being in combat, or getting mauled by a bear)

That's basically just cliffs of the movie "The Revenant"...

Get outta here!!

My Wife having Post Partum depression after our 2nd child was born.

Lost my dad back when I was 19. Beyond that every other hardship in my life is just trivial in comparison.

It hasn't happened to me (thank God) but I would imagine that losing a child would be the worst thing to endure. I have a friend who lost his wife and 16 year old daughter within a year. Poor guy.

Bankruptcy.

It got to the point where my phone was ringing all day every day and people were starting to visit my house. The tipping point was when my car got repoed and then they sued me for the remaining balance after the auction.

Damn dude glad to see you made it
I was close as you can get 2008-2010 recession
What got you?

No matter how bad you think you’ve got it, somebody out there has it worse

Two years ago my home was flooded (41"). My wife was 6 months prego at the time. Lost nearly everything. Lived in a camper for 4 months (two of which with a new born) while our house was being put back together. In short, get flood insurance.

Well today I just put my 7 year old dog down. And after extensive research I think I am responsible for his death, inadadvertantly of course. Pales in comparison to a lot in here but he was my best bud. It was due to my stupidity and I am really feeling like I lost a part of me.

It hasn't happened to me (thank God) but I would imagine that losing a child would be the worst thing to endure. I have a friend who lost his wife and 16 year old daughter within a year. Poor guy.
I wouldn’t wish the loss of a child on anyone.

Damn dude glad to see you made it
I was close as you can get 2008-2010 recession
What got you?

Wish I could say something like business or something important, but it was all just my recklessness. Maxed-out credit cards, overdrafts (back when banks pretty much rubber-stamped all of them), loans to cover the overdrafts, loans to cover the other loans, it just all spiraled out of control

Wish I could say something like business or something important, but it was all just my recklessness. Maxed-out credit cards, overdrafts (back when banks pretty much rubber-stamped all of them), loans to cover the overdrafts, loans to cover the other loans, it just all spiraled out of control
Easy done mate I had a spell like that and still float a lot of stuff that way to this day
Rough times
Build character they say

I was about to propose to my girlfriend when my roommate Joseph barged into the room out of nowhere, tripped, and fell over, breaking a glass table with his face. Totally ruined the mood. Now I don't know Joseph THAT well, don't even remember where he was from, but let's say I put my plans on hold to help him through his injuries.

Joseph had gotten a big glass shard in his eye, making him completely blind in that eye. He was walking around with one of those big cotton pads on his eye for a couple of months. Then suddenly, he disappeared, along with my girlfriend.

Apparently they'd bonded during the time after his injuries, and eloped together, leaving me behind without as much as a note. I tried to track them down, but never could.

In conclusion, if it hadn't been for Joe with his cotton eye, I'd have been married a long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from, cotton eye Joe?

I've had one of my uncles who I was really close with killed on 9/11 and saw my grandma on her hands and knees bawling , that scared the shit out of 10 year old me. Another uncle who I was close with, named after, and as everyone says is exactly alike slowly die from a bad liver (not from being a drunkard) and mrsa, and one of my best friends since childhood die of an overdose a year and a half ago. All were hard as fuck but honestly my girlfriend moving out without notice and not responding to me as to why, my best friend move away and stop talking to me, my dad making fun of me for it all and me being too ashamed to talk to my mother about it all has left me feeling worse than all of the above combined. But hey, those people in California have serious issues that really put things into perspective, I couldn't imagine what they are going through

I had a highschool feud spiral out of control and guns got brought into it. I didn't have a gun and my friends kinda bailed on me. I got utterly punked for months by a large armed gang. It was a lot to handle for a 17 year old.

I also had brutal pneumonia in college. The type that kills people. There was no one to help me even a little and it was worse than all of the other sicknesses I have eveyhad combined. I was literally struggling to stay alive.

Reading through this thread restores my faith. Some good people on this forum, self aware good souls, makes me emotional and proud..weird, I’m serious....Deeper understanding.TY

I struggle hard with the booze. Started off innocent enough when I was 19. Ten years later it's evolved into a real addiction that has hospitalized me a few times. I've talked about it in another thread recently, but I'll likely be moving home to get help. I know there is a debate about whether or not alcoholism should be considered a disease. I don't really have an opinion either way, but I know I blame myself. If I could just avoid the first drink, my life would basically be perfect. I can honestly say that every single problem I've had in the last ten years has been the result of the liquor.

Anyway, San Dimas high school footbal rules!

FWIW...it’s a disease, anyone who has first hand experience knows this, biology is a bitch sometimes, good luck brother..

My Wife having Post Partum depression after our 2nd child was born.

Of all the crazy mental illnesses I think I hate that the most. Women bitch and moan that they want a baby then you shoot your junk in them and they get depressed after it. That is a bitch slap if irony right there

Back