The hardest Will Smith song I've ever heard

DarkGraciousFinwhale-size_restricted.gif
Lol i completely forgot about this bit on FP.

I'm not saying he's not. But that song is the hardest I ever heard him go. It ain't NWA or anything but I like it

I'm pretty sure Kid N Play stole all their dance moves for House Party (1991) from that Will Smith video.

th

giphy.gif

Here is a diss track by Will Smith toward Eminem and others:

Will Smith sucks lol "hard." the pillsboroughy dough boy is harder then him.

Here is a diss track by Will Smith toward Eminem and others:

Never heard that before. The lyrics are kind of silly and the chorus was awful....but his flow was good. It's weird hearing him flow in the Enimen rapidfire style but it was good. Every word was clear and I'll take that style of flow over the mumble rap crap of today

Wild Wild West might be the greatest song ever made. Awesome video too

Wild Wild West might be the greatest song ever made. Awesome video too

I never saw the video back when this came out and I really couldn't even remember how the song went so I had to look it up. First off, the song is a lot more fun than I remembered and it's way better than the movie itself. And the video for this is pretty great. They even got Carlton from Fresh Prince in it! And larenz tate, stevie wonder, dru hill, kool mo dee...everybody. Yeah it's a good video.

I think he threatened every rapper in that song. How'd he survive?

In this, his hardest song, he says "I hope I'm not disturbing you" in the first 5 seconds.

That is so spot on for Will Smith lol. That's as hard as he gets.

He did say that but then he says, "even if I am, SO WHAT?!"

So you better watch out.

I don't get why rap has to be "hard" to begin with. Smith is a better entertainer than most of his contemporaries IMO.

I don't get why rap has to be "hard" to begin with. Smith is a better entertainer than most of his contemporaries IMO.

Here's the thing, when I said it was the "hardest" song I'd heard Smith do, what I meant by that was the energy of it and the energy of the beat. It was just a harder energy than he usually does. But when you talk about rap being "hard" people assume you mean the lyrics are violent. Yet when somebody says something about listening to a "hard" rock song, they're talking about the energy of the music, not the lyrics.

The song in the OP came out back in 88. And I remember back then, every hip hop song sounded similar to that. It was mostly East Coast guys, too. But then Straight Outta Compton came out in 88 too. And then rap transformed forever. Nobody wanted to hear corny, positive stuff. They wanted to hear about that thug life. So guys like Will Smith or LL Cool J became obsolete within like 4 or 5 years.

It's interesting how quick that entire rap genre shifted and how major the shift was. It was just as crazy as how much Nirvana shifted the rock scene. And come to think of it....the rap shift and the rock shift both happened right around the same time. Very late 80's - about 94. I never realized that. Hmm.

Here's the thing, when I said it was the "hardest" song I'd heard Smith do, what I meant by that was the energy of it and the energy of the beat. It was just a harder energy than he usually does. But when you talk about rap being "hard" people assume you mean the lyrics are violent. Yet when somebody says something about listening to a "hard" rock song, they're talking about the energy of the music, not the lyrics.

The song in the OP came out back in 88. And I remember back then, every hip hop song sounded similar to that. It was mostly East Coast guys, too. But then Straight Outta Compton came out in 88 too. And then rap transformed forever. Nobody wanted to hear corny, positive stuff. They wanted to hear about that thug life. So guys like Will Smith or LL Cool J became obsolete within like 4 or 5 years.

It's interesting how quick that entire rap genre shifted and how major the shift was. It was just as crazy as how much Nirvana shifted the rock scene. And come to think of it....the rap shift and the rock shift both happened right around the same time. Very late 80's - about 94. I never realized that. Hmm.

When was LL Not Bumping. Dude was on top til the 2k and beyond. He slaughter Kool Moe Dee and Canibus. Ended they careers. LL never fell off to the West Coast.

LL Realest shit.

"You saw my blinker..."

Will Smith says bad words and calls an old lady bitch

Back