The Hierarchy Of Muay Thai Brands?

Thanks for all the replies. I should have been more clear. By "cheaper," I meant "less expensive" as I had always been made to understand that Thaismai typically cost less than Windy and Twins.

By no means did I mean that it was of "lesser quality," as I had always known that Thaismai was one of the oldest Thai brands with a reputation of having good quality.

I guess $58 is fair then, based on everyone's replies. Thanks again guys.

The hierarchy of Muay Thai brands. It's all completely subjective. Nike, Reebok, Adidas; who make better shoes? The quality is fairly close between all the brand. Sometimes factories have an issue with the leather or Velcro. Maybe one lady on a sewing machine doesn't stitch as well as the girl on the other production line. They're all hand made so they always differ slightly.

Thaismai gloves are great. Windy are great. They're cheaper but it doesn't mean the quality is less.

There is one brand I won't mention that makes absolute overpriced crap but hey I don't want to get sued but you can probably figure it out.

Just to add, if you want to talk the hierarchy of brands based on price then it is as follows:

1. Fairtex
2. Top King
3. Twins Special
4. Raja, Windy, Thaismai, Boon (as they are all very similar in price)

Yokkao is not very good IMO. But they seem popular with some people.

The hierarchy of Muay Thai brands. It's all completely subjective. Nike, Reebok, Adidas; who make better shoes? The quality is fairly close between all the brand. Sometimes factories have an issue with the leather or Velcro. Maybe one lady on a sewing machine doesn't stitch as well as the girl on the other production line. They're all hand made so they always differ slightly.

Thaismai gloves are great. Windy are great. They're cheaper but it doesn't mean the quality is less.

There is one brand I won't mention that makes absolute overpriced crap but hey I don't want to get sued but you can probably figure it out.

I was actually banned from this forum for talking bad about that brand. They threatened to sue Sherdog. lol

hi any one used MTG Pro thai Gloves if so how are they ?

I'd rank Boon up there with Fairtex, Top King, and Twins. They are a different cut than either Top King or Twins, but the quality of leather and stitching is just as good IMO. They don't have the common second tier brand issues of the lining ripping out, the padding degrading quickly, or the leather wearing through.

I'd rank Boon up there with Fairtex, Top King, and Twins. They are a different cut than either Top King or Twins, but the quality of leather and stitching is just as good IMO. They don't have the common second tier brand issues of the lining ripping out, the padding degrading quickly, or the leather wearing through.

Fairtex are by far the most durable of all of the brands, I forgot all about Top King, but yeah Boon could easily be ranked with Fairtex. I think Twins are a great entry brand and also great for people with many years experience but I think Fairtex is just a step above.

Fairtex are by far the most durable of all of the brands, I forgot all about Top King, but yeah Boon could easily be ranked with Fairtex. I think Twins are a great entry brand and also great for people with many years experience but I think Fairtex is just a step above.

Yes Fairtex makes very good gear. They finally got the printing on the jerseys figured out. It use to flake off after just a few washes. Now it seems very durable.

I prefer Top King shins, Boon belly pads, gloves and shorts, Somchai hand wraps, and Fairtex curved thai pads. But that is personal preference.

Yes Fairtex makes very good gear. They finally got the printing on the jerseys figured out. It use to flake off after just a few washes. Now it seems very durable.

I prefer Top King shins, Boon belly pads, gloves and shorts, Somchai hand wraps, and Fairtex curved thai pads. But that is personal preference.

I have never worn shin pads for Thai training, I really should have but I've just never got around to buying a pair.

I was actually banned from this forum for talking bad about that brand. They threatened to sue Sherdog. lol

That wasn't the brand with the owner that just assaulted someone, was it? Was my first thought but then your post right before the one I quoted mentions them unfavorably lol.

I personally have equipment from Fairtex and Top King and can say that they are of really good quality. I would say that Twins and Fairtex make the best gloves for the price they charge. Yokkao does overcharge but I think the reason for that is their design. They probably know that they are the only company with the 'cool' designs that is why they overcharge. I am gonna be honest that Yokkao has some really dope designs but 130 bucks for that seems like too fricking much.

One thing I also noticed is that these muay thai glove companies also have some mma gloves. Unfortunately, their mma gloves do not match the quality of their muay thai gloves. I bought a fairtex mma glove and didnt like it too much. I also saw yokkao and twins mma gloves and they also didnt look like good quality

Guys, I know some of you wont like it but there also decent muay thai gloves made by non-Thai companies that are available on amazon. I have found three companies that specifically say muay thai gloves (as most of them usually list boxing gloves as muay thai gloves, as well)
Sanabul
Everlast (yes, they do have muay thai specific gloves)
Hayabusa

Out of these three brands, I would say 1. Hayabusa (though they are quite expensive) 2. Sanabul (one of my favorite companies, good price/quality) 3. Everlast

whats your guys take on thaismai?

I had a pair of their bag gloves a long time ago and they were good quality and durable, right up there with twins IMO. but you dont see thaismai in the states much. I believe thaismai is also sylvie von douglas favorite brand. I wish it was easier to get ahold of them in the US

i had these

30b028_3454b822d27ecc029f1d11fc412d0974.webp

Back