The Hill:GOP erases Dem advantage on generic ballot ahead of midterms

bobgeese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Republicans have retaken the lead on a generic ballot ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, according to a poll released Wednesday morning.

The Politico–Morning Consult poll finds that 39 percent of likely voters would support a generic Republican candidate in November, while 38 percent would support a Democrat. Nearly a quarter of Americans, 23 percent, are undecided.

The main split in the new poll comes among independents, with 26 percent favoring a Democratic candidate and 25 percent selecting a Republican. A sizable 49 percent of independents are undecided.

The generic Republican candidate had trailed the Democrat by as much as 10 points since November in the Politico–Morning Consult poll.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...advantage-on-generic-ballot-ahead-of-midterms

How did democrats manage to let a 10 point lead slip away?

Failed leadership. If y’all can’t win big in the midterms, you need to throw chuck and Nancy the fuck out.

Fucking polls...... I think '16 proved that polls are what we make of them.

AON, no news is good news.

Republicans have retaken the lead on a generic ballot ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, according to a poll released Wednesday morning.

The Politico–Morning Consult poll finds that 39 percent of likely voters would support a generic Republican candidate in November, while 38 percent would support a Democrat. Nearly a quarter of Americans, 23 percent, are undecided.

The main split in the new poll comes among independents, with 26 percent favoring a Democratic candidate and 25 percent selecting a Republican. A sizable 49 percent of independents are undecided.

The generic Republican candidate had trailed the Democrat by as much as 10 points since November in the Politico–Morning Consult poll.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...advantage-on-generic-ballot-ahead-of-midterms

Failed leadership. If y’all can’t win big in the midterms, you need to throw chuck and Nancy the fuck out.
Democrats had a little surge but by the mid terms they will be well behind on the ballots, I think. 2018 has started out strong for Trump and the GOP's popularity and it just continues to rise. I always thought the idea of a really blue midterm was silly but it's looking more and more likely that Republicans keep power and ride that strong into a Trump re election imo.

Fucking polls...... I think '16 proved that polls are what we make of them.

AON, no news is good news.
They were never supposed to be considered a perfect indicator of what is going to happen. The polls aren't the problem; it's people's unreasonable expectations of what they indicate that is the issue. Insomuch as they can be used to help a party improve its chances, it'd be foolish for Democrats to ignore them.

Democrats had a little surge but by the mid terms they will be well behind on the ballots, I think. 2018 has started out strong for Trump and the GOP's popularity and it just continues to rise. I always thought the idea of a really blue midterm was silly but it's looking more and more likely that Republicans keep power and ride that strong into a Trump re election imo.

200w.webp

Honestly, it's hard to fault the Democrats anymore.

American voters are just fucking stupid.

Because they still let horrible people like Nancy Pelosi and other California and New York democrats run their party. People like them as much as they do Trump and Ryan.

Because they still let horrible people like Nancy Pelosi and other California and New York democrats run their party. People like them as much as they do Trump and Ryan.

Which, to be clear, is completely fucking irrational.

~70-80% of Pelosi's policies are good faith efforts toward benefiting constituents and furthering reasoned governance

At best, 10-20% of Trump/Ryan's policies could be said to be traditional good faith law making. In Trump's case, it's that they are poorly thought out because he's an idiot. In Ryan's case, it's that they are deliberately insidious and misleading because he's a scumbag piece of shit who deserves the worst the gods can deliver.

I wonder if people's paychecks are to thank for this. Mine finally adjusted, and I'm looking at an extra 80 bucks a month in my pocket. That's not enough to change my mind on anything politically, but I can see how it would matter to somebody else. That actually adds up to something tangible on a monthly basis for somebody who is living check to check.

If I'm not mistaken, haven't the Dems flipped like 36 state legislative seats that were previously owned by Republicans?

I actually do wonder if people's paychecks are to thank for this. Mine finally adjusted, and I'm looking at an extra 80 bucks a month in my pocket. That's not enough to change my mind on anything politically, but I can see how it would matter to somebody else. That's actually enough to add up to something tangible on a monthly basis for somebody who is living check to check.

Mine went up 250/month and I would never be swayed to vote R in a National election.

Also I don't need it and I would have been fine to give it to people who do

The poll that had Dems flip on GOP were the same poll that had Hillary winning by landslide...Polls are stupid and they only want the results they want to hear anyways....

Mine went up 250/month and I would never be swayed to vote R in a National election
I feel the same way. But I have family members who vote Republican that could use it. For myself, that's an extra two trips to the grocery store. I'm guessing it's roughly one for a family of 3. I can see that swaying some people.

~70-80% of Pelosi's policies are good faith efforts toward benefiting constituents and furthering reasoned governance

At best, 10-20% of Trump/Ryan's policies could be said to be traditional good faith law making. In Trump's case, it's that they are poorly thought out because he's an idiot. In Ryan's case, it's that they are deliberately insidious and misleading because he's a scumbag piece of shit who deserves the worst the gods can deliver.
Pelosi's policies are good only for her own constituents not for the entire country...US and California aren't the same brah

No one is gonna see the ACTUALLY newsworthy part of bob's daily announcement that he only goes to thehill for news, so here....

"would support a generic Republican candidate in November, while 38 percent would support a Democrat. Nearly a quarter of Americans, 23 percent, are undecided.

Over 2/3rds of this country would vote for a talking penis if it had either an R or a D on it's shirt.

Less than a quarter went with the correct answer of "well it depends on the candidates and what they say".

America, we're fucked.

The poll that had Dems flip on GOP were the same poll that had Hillary winning by landslide...Polls are stupid and they only want the results they want to hear anyways....
If that was true, why would this poll now be saying something other than what it was previously?

It doesn't matter what her policies are now after the damage/lack of impact she's had over the decades. People are just fucking sick and tired of seeing her face. She's been a representative in the safest dem seat in the country for 3 decades and been in house leadership for the last 15+ years, and Democrat leadership for over 30 years. What has this amounted to? What has she helped our nation achieve? Are we better for her 30+ years of service?

Fuck no. She needs to go away. I really want to vote straight ticket Dem but I will absolutely make exceptions when it comes to nominees being pushed by old California dems/Clintons.

The polls that had Hillary winning were accurate (read: MORE accurate than 2012 polls) and valid to the extent that their methodology could be reviewed.

This poll, and its supposed predecessor, are both valid if their methodology can be reviewed. Upon brief glance, this one seems to be legitimate, so I assume the original was as well.

Even if the presidential polls were dishonest or fake (again, they weren't), that wouldn't form a valid premise to say that all future statistical information is bunk.

Your position is stupid and brazenly anti-information.

Pelosi's policies are good only for her own constituents not for the entire country...US and California aren't the same brah

No, her policies (read: not identity topics like marriage equality) have been extremely good for hte country in that they have been fiscally responsible and professionally crafted, unlike Republicans', which have been incomparably fiscally irresponsible and opaque.

Back