The Islands and The Whales (whale hunting)

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
@darwism

So I just got done watching the islands and the whales. It is about the Faroe Islands and their 1000 year tradition of living off of the sea. These people hunt piliot whales for food. Apparently this is some sort of international war crime. And Green Peace comes there in force to try and stop them. It is crazy. All the whale meat is used for food and the whales are killed humanely.

Pamela Anderson is in the show telling these people they should just go to the store and eat processed vegetarian food. To me this is the height of arrogance. A rich women goes to another country and tells them they should buy vegetarian food from the store rather than hunt. When one islander asks would you be here if we killed cattle another activist dodges the question. These are poor people that live off of the sea. Do you guys think it is okay for international activists to try and stop their hunts?
This is not the video I watched but it covers the same topic

Good to see some white folks still very much a part of nature.

And here I thought the only savages left were us brown folk.

From what I've read the hunt is legal. There is an extremely limited amount of whales taken and a large enough population to support the hunt. Most importantly it's for subsistence.

I still see where some people are horrified on some level when you see pictures like this:

wa.jpg

Full-belly hubris on the part of first world animal activists.

I firmly believe that the hunting and fishing traditions of indigenous people's should be respected.

I do believe we should all try to our best to limit the amount of meat we consume from unsustainable and damaging practices by accommodating other protein sources but i have no problem with this at all. This is for sustenance, seems sustainable and they depend on it. Pamela needs to piss off.

Edit
Id also like to point out the bullshit argument at 4:44 when nothing else can be argued these people always point to the morality and barbarism of killing sentient creatures. That is always the last angle they have when all others are not available.

Last edited:
If they are breaking international law, NATO members should send in their navy and sink all their ships.

Full-belly hubris on the part of first world animal activists.

I firmly believe that the hunting and fishing traditions of indigenous people's should be respected.

I got to believe a lot of this is because the Faroe islands are white. Pamela Anderson would not get away with lecturing inuits about how they need to become vegetarian

From what I've read the hunt is legal. There is an extremely limited amount of whales taken and a large enough population to support the hunt. Most importantly it's for subsistence.

I still see where some people are horrified on some level when you see pictures like this:

wa.jpg

People are to far removed from their food. I worked on my cousin's pig farm for a summer. It was a eye opening experience.

@darwism

So I just got done watching the islands and the whales. It is about the Faroe Islands and their 1000 year tradition of living off of the sea. These people hunt piliot whales for food. Apparently this is some sort of international war crime. And Green Peace comes there in force to try and stop them. It is crazy. All the whale meat is used for food and the whales are killed humanely.

Pamela Anderson is in the show telling these people they should just go to the store and eat processed vegetarian food. To me this is the height of arrogance. A rich women goes to another country and tells them they should buy vegetarian food from the store rather than hunt. When one islander asks would you be here if we killed cattle another activist dodges the question. These are poor people that live off of the sea. Do you guys think it is okay for international activists to try and stop their hunts?
This is not the video I watched but it covers the same topic

Faroe islanders are not poor...not like some developing world or Native reservations.

Why shouldn't anyone from anywhere protest what they feel is unjust? Are you saying that only someone from the Faroe islands can protest their practice? So does that mean Americans can not protest a custom or behavior in another part of the world that we find questionable, like say Americans protesting how Muslim nations bully non-Muslims or how wealthy Chinese demand for certain animal body parts is causing them to become endangered.

She told Our Planet: “Governments need to make climate change a priority. It is the most important agenda.” And she insists that: “The reality of climate change is no longer up for debate. It is real and it is happening now. Our changing climate is the most pressing challenge facing the world today.”
http://www.unep.org/ourplanet/december-2015/environmental-champion/pamela-anderson

But yet she hops on a jet to fly to some tiny nation with the population of Grand Island, NE to try to stop people from trying to provide sustenance for their families.
Why won't this old wrinkled dry cunt go after countries, like China, that are destroying complete ecosystems?

Every man should be free to hunt the seas and lands to feed his family. Ill never understand the crusaders that are hell bent on treating people who hunt like a lump of dogshit. They really do have mental illness.

I got to believe a lot of this is because the Faroe islands are white. Pamela Anderson would not get away with lecturing inuits about how they need to become vegetarian
Paul McCarthy, that daft cunt (huge Beatles fan here) came to Thunder Bay years ago to stop the seal hunt. I wonder why people feel the need to meddle in traditional and sustainable ways of life.

She told Our Planet: “Governments need to make climate change a priority. It is the most important agenda.” And she insists that: “The reality of climate change is no longer up for debate. It is real and it is happening now. Our changing climate is the most pressing challenge facing the world today.”
http://www.unep.org/ourplanet/december-2015/environmental-champion/pamela-anderson

But yet she hops on a jet to fly to some tiny nation with the population of Grand Island, NE to try to stop people from trying to provide sustenance for their families.
Why won't this old wrinkled dry cunt go after countries, like China, that are destroying complete ecosystems?
China built her jet, silly.

Do they get some kind of excemption from the UN to hunt a certain number of whales? I know that the country of St Vincent and the Grenadines is given an exception because it's such a part of their culture.

Do they get some kind of excemption from the UN to hunt a certain number of whales? I know that the country of St Vincent and the Grenadines is given an exception because it's such a part of their culture.
Pilot whales aren't even a threatened species according to the World Wildlife Fund.

WWF endangered species list

Its completely legal because its in their own waters. The UN has no right to tell anyone what to do in their own waters.

Greenpeace are also hypocrites.
They are against the Faroe Islands
http://media.greenpeace.org/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult_VPage&STID=27MZIFR0XY

but are okay with Inuits hunting whales
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ts-inuit-hunting-but-native-groups-still-wary

Either way it is a big group of elitest picking on a small indigenous people.

Notice that they don't do this to anyone in Russia. Why Russia knows how to deal with these people. They get lenghty prison sentences in harsh jails like they should.

These are poor people that live off of the sea.

Yes, folks in the Faroe Islands have been doing this for years. They do consume the meat but I'm not sure the killing method is the most humane. Those whales don't die right away. They are not poor people. You should be looking at the Japanese and their killing of dolphins and whales. That is a much worst scenario.

Back