The Jazz Thread

A little something I just came across:

"Christmas With The Believers was recorded by short-lived San Francisco-based jazz trio The Believers in the fall of 1986. They parted ways in March of 1987, and this tape (by way of CD and ripping to 320kbps MP3) might be the only recording of their work. It’s thirty-one minutes of absolute Christmas jazz perfection. If you download and listen to nothing else I’ve ever posted, get this one. It’s that good." (From Here)

The whole recording is available to listen to or download on Archive here

I have very limited knowledge with the Jazz music and its sub genres.

But Autumn leaves is my favorite.

Here is another of my favorite Che Korea's Spain.

The Keyboard Solo is amazing I love how they reference Concerto Aranjuez!!!! which is another of my favorites..

Last edited:
Steveie Wonder raped those Keyboards too!!!

Amazing how Pat puts his own creative jazz "stamp" on such a brilliant song.Class.

Just saw that Alphonse Mouzon passed away on Christmas

Being that @Valkosen created a
Tool thread, some Sun Ra would
be appropriate. Tool, particularly,
Danny Carey (imo, their most
talented member) was hugely
influence by him.

& Of course, the Pharoah

I remember watching Sun Ra on Night Music, that David Sanborn show, when I was a kid. Pretty cool.

Edit: found video of it on YT.

Last edited:
I just saw Christian McBride quartet at the Village Vanguard last Tuesday. If you are into big bass, you should check out Christian McBride; he's a complete bad ass.

I just saw Christian McBride quartet at the Village Vanguard last Tuesday. If you are into big bass, you should check out Christian McBride; he's a complete bad ass.

<{jackyeah}>

Yes I will check him out.

2016 was a glorious fall. I spent a lot of time in NYC and got to see Bill Frisell and Tom Harrell. On the shit side of things I missed Kenny Barron at the Village Vanguard back in December. Fuck me.

Been thinking of making one for a while, but @Valkosen and @FeloniousMonk reminded me by talking about Thelonious Monk.

Post your favourite songs, artists etc.

Twas Miles Davis that got me into jazz, after hearing Coltrane's ascension first of all which almost put me off jazz for life haha. My favourite sort of jazz is hard bop, followed by fusion (mostly Miles electric stuff) but I like all sorts really. As always I'll start with a few classics:

ARCHIE SHEPP.

Back