The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

I just started listening to JP's podcast, which is just recorded lectures.

It's very interesting to listen to him talk about stuff outside of speech infringements in Canada. The dude is brilliant at breaking down religious texts into implications on human psychology.

Oddly enough, in one, he discussed how "reason" was not the ultimate answer to society's issues.

Very very interesting man. I implore those of you who haven't to listen to his lectures. You may be smarter for having done so.

Is Dr. Peterson's Podcast on Itunes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Dr. Peterson's Podcast on Itunes?

I think so. I listen on Stitcher.

Like I said, it's not a typical podcast. It's recorded lessons from his curriculum on the psychological implications of religion; Christianity/The Bible in particular. It's very interesting stuff.

Listen to two last night. They are pretty good. Some of the points he makes during the lecture seem like a stretch at times just for the purpose of the larger point he wants to make. The entire episode itself leaves you with something to think about. Always glad when I find one of these cause I can catch up since it started in 2016.

Huh? I'm white.

And yeah, sure, I'm a pretty voracious reader.

Peterson and Harris are for neophytes who don't know any better.

I'm curious. I've never really gotten anything worthwhile out of Harris, but which thinkers, writers, intellectuals, etc, would you recommend for veterans who do know better?

At the moment, all I know about you is that you studied accounting, and have written off Peterson and Harris as being "for neophytes", without offering anything meatier.
That paints a pretty underwhelming picture of your intellectual capacity.

I can access the content on Peterson's YouTube channel. Maybe he forgot his password?

His most recent video:

He claims they cited a violation of terms and services. Too early to comment, but I don't think it's a password issue. Although maybe he didn't notice the caplocks is on. :)

He claims they cited a violation of terms and services. Too early to comment, but I don't think it's a password issue. Although maybe he didn't notice the caplocks is on. :)

Most likely scenario I'd say is that some leftist group mob reported his channel as 'hate' or something to try to get it shut down. It's not uncommon for that sort of political activism (mob warfare) to take place on the web.

So then there would have to be a review done in order to re-activate his account

A gaping blindspot in system think theory ha!

DGKl5fJW0AEb-wX.jpg

I posted this in the Google thread, but I'm going to post it here as well. It's too good to get lost.

I posted this in the Google thread, but I'm going to post it here as well. It's too good to get lost.

This happens so incredibly often in the media. It's good that he's pushing back and drawing some attention to the practice.

Listen to two last night. They are pretty good. Some of the points he makes during the lecture seem like a stretch at times just for the purpose of the larger point he wants to make. The entire episode itself leaves you with something to think about. Always glad when I find one of these cause I can catch up since it started in 2016.

I like how your cortex is evolving before our eyes. Marination in it's glory.

This happens so incredibly often in the media. It's good that he's pushing back and drawing some attention to the practice.

I'm impressed that he didn't just correct him, but he turned it around on the journalist in a very Peterson way. If Peterson is far right, then what does that say about society? If that were true, we're living in Nazi Germany.

Jordan fighting the dragon of microphone technology

I'm impressed that he didn't just correct him, but he turned it around on the journalist in a very Peterson way. If Peterson is far right, then what does that say about society? If that were true, we're living in Nazi Germany.

He gave him an intellectual scolding, but in a fair way. Very Peterson-esque indeed.

And yeah, centrists are basically being labelled far right, usually if they show any sort of dissenting opinion towards far left politics. They did the same thing to James Damore.

Back