The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

Did you watch the video I am referring to where AIU watches a video of Dr. Jordan Peterson and resorts to mocking him without properly addressing anything he is saying?

Here is the video I have been referring to:

yes ive seen it. AIU does a good job showing how insufferable and douchey jordan can be and how insanely overblown the circlejerk around him is.

theres is nothing to properly address in those 8 minutes of bullshit artistry and intellectual masturbation. someone left a pretty funny comment on a different AIU video talking about JP,

jordan:
"postmodernism is such bullshit, am I right?"

also jordan:
"Did a human being resurrect after being dead for three days?"
"I don't know, being is mysterious."

also

what do you mean by video what do you mean by addressing

Dr. Peterson praising Canadian national treasure Rex Murphy.

B70FQDeIEAEk64o.jpg

I'm trying to find a thing by peterson where he's talking about the book the Gulag Archipelago, and explaining how this book details the way soviet police officers were gradually made evil and how and why they stayed in these evil systems... does anyone know what im talking about?

Dr. Peterson discusses Islam.

@2:32 "When the founder of your religion spread that religion by the sword and when your religion has been embroiled in a vicious civil war from the day of Mohammad's death... it's very difficult for me to see how that can be reconciled with the claims that Islam is a religion of peace."

Man, its painful to see Peterson talk to some no name YTers. Vid should just edit their parts out.

"The reason SJW idiolgy is so popular on university campuses is because you can learn it in a week, you can sound like a intellectual to outsiders and you don't have to do any work, any real thinking. Perfect, perfect solution."
Kenny Florian

Peterson did an interview with Camille Paglia, who is a 60's style left wing Feminist who is not at all like todays modern Feminists.

I have never listened to her outside of small clips. Have to say she's very entertaining to listen to and has a great bigger picture view of things.

Her view on the Postmodernists who currently hold sway in Academia are essentially imposters that have taken over the original left wing movements of her time, and who are highly short sighted and destructive.

But, they talk about all sorts of things having to do with past and current culture.

Last edited:
Peterson did an interview with Camille Paglia, who is a 60's style left wing Feminist who is not at all like todays modern Feminists.

I have never listened to her outside of small clips. Have to say she's very entertaining to listen to and has a great bigger picture view of things.

Her view on the Postmodernists who currently hold sway in Academia are essentially imposters that have taken over the original left wing movements of her time, and who are highly short sighted and destructive.

But, they talk about all sorts of things having to do with past and current culture.

All I ask is she stop saying "okay"

I cannot wait to watch the video. Paglia has some great books as well. She rips Foucault to shreds in her 1992 book Sex, Art and American Culture.

Paglia has another great interview with Christina Hoff Sommers:

She is fucking insane, while I believe has merit to what she says it's just a wall of shit that I have to sift through and it comes at you so fast it's hard to keep up.

Finished it, great discussion. That woman can talk and talk, but it worked well.

So as of now, do most of us feel Peterson is still, even if like other modern intellectuals does say off the wall stuff from time to time, count as a genuinely great modern thinker? Or just an ordinary one whose been propped up because our desperation for original thought has driven us insane? How do we feel he stacks up against Richard Dawkins, Sean Carroll or Neil Degrasse Tyson?

She is fucking insane, while I believe has merit to what she says it's just a wall of shit that I have to sift through and it comes at you so fast it's hard to keep up.
Imagine a discussion between Ben Shapiro and Camille Paglia.

She's a fast talker without a doubt okay

Kinda funny that her backdrop is a bunch of coffee

I wonder if @dontsnitch will watch this one at 1.5 times speed like he usually does

I saw posted somewhere else and was debating if I should listen to it. At first I liked hearing what Jordan Peterson had to say, but I have gotten tired of him.

This. She ruins so many statements by fumbling and going "I,I,I,I,I It's just terrible!!" Things like that. It's a nice throw word feces exercise.

Back