The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

So as of now, do most of us feel Peterson is still, even if like other modern intellectuals does say off the wall stuff from time to time, count as a genuinely great modern thinker? Or just an ordinary one whose been propped up because our desperation for original thought has driven us insane? How do we feel he stacks up against Richard Dawkins, Sean Carroll or Neil Degrasse Tyson?

Those are all scientists. I like Dawkins and Carroll. Tyson and peterson less so. Peterson is probably the most prominent right leaning intellectual, atm. He's very respectable, even if I disagree with him on some topics. Much better than someone like Ben Shapiro

So as of now, do most of us feel Peterson is still, even if like other modern intellectuals does say off the wall stuff from time to time, count as a genuinely great modern thinker? Or just an ordinary one whose been propped up because our desperation for original thought has driven us insane? How do we feel he stacks up against Richard Dawkins, Sean Carroll or Neil Degrasse Tyson?
Genuinely great modern thinker.

Eisbar, that's a sweet sig.

I'd agree that Peterson is a member of the contemporary elite public intelligencia. He's prolific and proficient with ideas.

Those are all scientists. I like Dawkins and Carroll. Tyson and peterson less so. Peterson is probably the most prominent right leaning intellectual, atm. He's very respectable, even if I disagree with him on some topics. Much better than someone like Ben Shapiro

I respect Shapiro and wish I had his intellect, but I could never get behind him the way I have Jordan Peterson. There is just something about Shapiro that annoys me. He reminds me of an annoying little weasel. He lacks the type of depth and humanity that Jordan Peterson has.

I respect Shapiro and wish I had his intellect, but I could never get behind him the way I have Jordan Peterson. There is just something about Shapiro that annoys me. He reminds me of an annoying little weasel. He lacks the type of depth and humanity that Jordan Peterson has.
The thing with Shapiro is that he's only an attack dog. 100% of his material is regarding politics and it's the only arena he's in. I love watching him debate and shred snowflakes but outside of that he has no value to me.

JBP on the other hand is a true academic and intellect who has his hand in several different arenas, is a wonderful lecturer and has published research. He's also created a program that has shown real world results in getting minority students to perform better in school. His aim is to lift people up through philosophy and psychology rather than just verbally shredding people like Shapiro does.

I listened to the first hour of the Camille Paglia conversation and both come off like big whiners.

Paglia seems rational and then throws out some wild idea here and there. I don't know that much about her but I never knew she considered herself transgender. That didn't seem to fit in with other things she said.

I didn't get much out of the conversation. They both have their ideas and they don't really fascinate me. It is far too much into humanities types stuff for my interest.

I could see why traditionalists like Peterson but the constant damn postmodernists paranoia wears on me.

I listened to the first hour of the Camille Paglia conversation and both come off like big whiners.

Paglia seems rational and then throws out some wild idea here and there. I don't know that much about her but I never knew she considered herself transgender. That didn't seem to fit in with other things she said.

I didn't get much out of the conversation. They both have their ideas and they don't really fascinate me. It is far too much into humanities types stuff for my interest.

I could see why traditionalists like Peterson but the constant damn postmodernists paranoia wears on me.

Paglia does not identify as transgender. She said when she was younger she bought into the idea that sex was a social construct because she was different from the average female. When she got older she realized how important biology was and abandoned the idea that she was trans.

Post all things Jordan Peterson here.

Here is the first thread (V1).

----

The video that got it all started:

TORONTO — As part of an hour-long YouTube lecture on political correctness, University of Toronto professor and clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson is objecting to the Trudeau government’s Bill C-16, which proposes to outlaw harassment and discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression under the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code.

I am glad you started this thread. Mr Peterson is a great man.

at 35:30 she said she identifies as transgender.

She said something after that saying something about it later too.

I am listening to it now. I will have to get back to you. My response was based on previous videos where she talked about thinking she was transgender as a teenager.

She also has this idea that since her twat as been dry as a bone since 1965 that she knows the real deal.

You are right. Paglia does say she identifies as transgender. :eek::eek:

She says she does not expect the world to alter itself to her gender ideas.

She also has this idea that since her twat as been dry as a bone since 1965 that she knows the real deal.

yuck_that_70s_show.gif

" Men can't control crazy women"

" I'm defenseless against that kind of female insanity "

"It's undermining much of our culture "

Sounds like Peterson has traded up from academic journals to Bill Burr :D

Sounds like Peterson has traded up from academic journals to Bill Burr :D

Dem crazy women don't like his science so now their going after him the only way they know how. Has no way of knowing how to deal with this. Turns a guy from a academic science guy into some form of mr hide.

Will have to learn to "become like water.";)

" Hierarchies of authority and competence impose values that require discipline and hard work which radical leftist don't believe in."
Or something like that ;).

One of his best rants.

I use to try to discribe what he's talking about here as "feminism destroying western civilization". But then Peterson came along and showed a more accurate way to discribe it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back