The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

I don't think that's his perspective, but that's my interpretation.

If you want to look at the social dynamics of the work-place, and more specifically the way women dress, it's better to examine the reward system that exists for women who wear make-up, high heels and present themselves in a "feminine" way.

I don't think it's very relevant why women wear make-up voluntarily unless you're trying to shift the blame from men to women. It seems like a verbose way of saying they kind of asked for it.

I'm familiar enough with Peterson to be confident that that is how he views these things, but sure it's still a matter of interpretation without having clarification provided.

Sure you could look at 'why' people do what they do, but that still doesn't change the effect of what they do. Sometimes people do things that create effects that they didn't intend, and sometimes they do intend them. But the effect remains the same either way.

I don't think that's his perspective, but that's my interpretation.

If you want to look at the social dynamics of the work-place, and more specifically the way women dress, it's better to examine the reward system that exists for women who wear make-up, high heels and present themselves in a "feminine" way.
Women do have a reward system based on being feminine and attractive. But this system is centred around men, i.e., potential mates for reproduction.

Women do have a reward system based on being feminine and attractive. But this system is centred around men, i.e., potential mates for reproduction.
I specifically meant the reward system in a business setting, which is primarily run by men. So if you want to accuse women of sexually confusing the men at the workplace by wearing make-up and high heels, and making it difficult for men to "control themselves", well you're just blaming the wrong people.

It's a catch 22. You don't wear makeup and high heels, you are less likely to get the job. If you do, why the hell are you complaining about harassment at work when you're dressing provocatively like that!?

Things I have leared in the last 3 pages.

Molyneux is still ironic as hell while talking about snarky comments and lack of arguments in his videos. I understand that he isn't technically making the arguments just criticizing there are none, but he makes a 40 minute video that could have been a reading and critique in like 5-10 minutes.

I also learned that Tonni is a virgin, which props to you bro. I still think you're a K1 level poster

I specifically meant the reward system in a business setting, which is primarily run by men. So if you want to accuse women of sexually confusing the men at the workplace by wearing make-up and high heels, and making it difficult for men to "control themselves", well you're just blaming the wrong people.
I am not blaming anyone. Women want to increase their attractiveness to men, but this doesn't mean that this is a clear signal indicating that the women wants the D. The woman will make her selection based on whatever she is interested in, money, sex, or what have you. Or it could also be that she is competing against other women to show that she is the most attractive of the women at work and all men want her PS3. But it is still about men though.

I am not blaming anyone. Women want to increase their attractiveness to men, but this doesn't mean that this is a clear signal indicating that the women wants the D. The woman will make her selection based on whatever she is interested in, money, sex, or what have you. Or it could also be that she is competing against other women to show that she is the most attractive of the women at work and all men want her PS3. But it is still about men though.
I'm going to have to disagree on this but I don't think anything would sway you to rethink your position.

I'm going to have to disagree on this but I don't think anything would sway you to rethink your position.
Why do you disagree? There has to be a reason which you can clearly articulate.

Why do you disagree? There has to be a reason which you can clearly articulate.
You're equating all ritual decoration to sexual attraction and that's baseless. It's late and I'm tired of talking to people on the internet.

You're equating all ritual decoration to sexual attraction and that's baseless. It's late and I'm tired of talking to people on the internet.
This is why I like Peterson for the most part. He brings our humanity back into the equation in a society where a very toxic culture has taken hold and disparraged the notion that we do things instinctually. Humans are above all others in intellect but we are not above the power of observation when it comes to our nature. We don't do things "just because". We can observe the habitats and rituals of all other animals which is the foundation of our knowledge of these species but when it comes to humans it's "baseless" no....it isn't.

Go have a durum poulet avec sauce brazil for me bro. Its been a while since I've been in Belgium.

I don't think he's trying to help interpersonal interactions as much as he's trying to take the blame for sexual harassment at the work place away from the men doing the harassment.
I think its more radical then that. I suspect that JP nonetheless believes in personal responsibility in the workplace and so anyone caught sexually harassing a woman should be punished. Rather, I think what he's trying to say is that there are certain fundamental, unconscious qualities and dynamics between men and women that inherently contaminate the workplace to some degree.

I think its more radical then that. I suspect that JP nonetheless believes in personal responsibility in the workplace and so anyone caught sexually harassing a woman should be punished. Rather, I think what he's trying to say is that there are certain fundamental, unconscious qualities and dynamics between men and women that inherently contaminate the workplace to some degree.
What he is saying is you take some blame for being somewhat provocatively dressed. He obviously beleives in personal responsibility all around by stating this.

This is common sense folks. Sexual harrassment/assualt/rape isn't going anywhere arm yourselves with common knowledge.

Rather, I think what he's trying to say is that there are certain fundamental, unconscious qualities and dynamics between men and women that inherently contaminate the workplace to some degree.

Obviously.

How many mutual sexual relationships develop in the workplace? TONS. Despite the general advice to "not shit where you eat" proximity is still the number 1 factor in finding a mate and whether its an affair, a fling, or a genuine relationship, the workplace is a common meeting ground.

I'd say it's inevitable. In fact I'd say it's inevitable in ANY social setting among adults. Put 20 males and 20 females together for any length of time around any activity and it won't be long before some of them are hooking up.

A portion of the time workplace harassment is simply interest that's not reciprocated.

So what you're saying is there are benefits to understanding where the root of common human behavior stems from.
So what you're saying is that once we're aware of how we got here we'll be better equipped to deal with our current reality.
So what you're saying is acknowledging our animal urges isn't the same as supporting the idea that we should be ruled by them.

Here's the unedited version compared. What a little snake that porshop is, or whoever edited this.

Jordan: Do you go to parties?
Kang: ...No...
Jordan: Do you know how to flirt?
Kang: ...No...

Way to go, chubby asian dude. That's why they have arrange marriages in asia.

Back