The Last Buccaneer... Depp blew through $650 million

Lonesome Crow

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/johnny-depp-lawsuit-marriage-w521671

Crazy read.

"It's estimated that Depp has made $650 million on films that netted $3.6 billion. Almost all of it is gone."

When all the booze and drugs catch up with him, and his heart finally explodes, rainbow colored pixie dust is gonna shoot out of his ass in tribute to both his love for recreational pharmaceuticals and his bat-shit crazy kaleidoscope view on life.

How do you lose nearly a billion dollars? That's as impressive as it is sad.

so time for another pirates trilogy?

and still didn’t get a prenup

so time for another pirates trilogy?

He may have to resort to being a butt pirate like
frightnight43ch7.9382.jpg

Must have taken a page from his good buddy Nick Cage

He's a fool if true. Could have invested a fraction and came out well ahead while still partying like crazy. Jeez.

He could've just given a fraction of that to me.

Am I the only one who dgaf?

I like my entertainers to be crazy.

well, he did splurge a lot of money on buying an island. sucks he has to give up so much money for alimony too

Eh...He's in a new Harry Potter prequel which I bet is going to be a series.

Dude has blown through more money than 99% of the people that you know entire bloodlines made.

Fucking win if there is any.

i have never understood how people can manage to read through a rolling stone article -- the amount of pretentious verbosity their writers use to just set up a simple setting is unbearable.

Example:
"Johnny Depp isn't here yet. Still, his presence is all around the 10,500-square-foot rented mansion at 16 Bishopswood Road in London's Highgate neighborhood.

He is here in the busy hands of Russell, his personal chef working up the Peking duck. He is here in the stogie-size joint left by the sink in the guest bathroom. He is here in the never-ending reservoir of wine that is poured into goblets. And he is here in a half-done painting upstairs that features a burning black house, a child Johnny and an angry woman who resembles his mother, Betty Sue.

15 Best and Worst Johnny Depp Roles

'Black Mass' star's career highlights — and lowest of the lows

And then he is actually here. He is in the living room, crooning his entrance: "Oh, my darling, oh, my darling, my darling Clementine. You are lost and gone forever, my darling Clementine."

Depp has come from a photo shoot for the Hollywood Vampires, his sometime band that features Alice Cooper and Joe Perry. Trailing behind is his lawyer Adam Waldman. Depp is dressed like a Forties gangster, jet-black hair slicked back, pinstripes, suspenders and spats. His face is puffy, but Depp still possesses the fixating brown eyes that have toggled between dreamy and menacing during his 35-year career. Now, Depp's studious leer is reminiscent of late-era Marlon Brando. This isn't a coincidence, since Depp has long built his life by imitating his legends – buying an island like Brando, becoming an expert on quaaludes like Hunter S. Thompson.

"Hey, I'm Johnny. Good to meet you."

He reaches out a right hand whose fingers recently had their tats changed from "slim" – a reference to his ex-wife Amber Heard – to "scum."

Yikes.

Back