Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

Total Immortal

Blackhawk Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Taking the trailer from Nintendo's press conference and putting them in its own thread

HYPE!! Looks amazing, gives off a Wind Waker/Skyward Sword hybrid vibe with a lot more RPG elements. I cannot wait for a release date!

This game looks unreal, if anything can push me to buy a wii this is probably it

Looks great. Not sure I'll buy another Nintendo console though.

I believe they confirmed that it'll launch simultaneously on the WiiU/NX, which hopefully means Nintendo will showcase the damn console already. I want to know what it's like, so I know which one to buy this game on.

I sold my Wii U long ago but I'll definitely get an NX. This looks really cool. Hopefully there will be backwards compatibility because I did miss some fun games they released after I sold the thing.

I sold my Wii U long ago but I'll definitely get an NX. This looks really cool. Hopefully there will be backwards compatibility because I did miss some fun games they released after I sold the thing.

If you never got to play Splatoon you really should. Best multiplayer shooter in YEARS.

If you never got to play Splatoon you really should. Best multiplayer shooter in YEARS.
Yeah I heard so much good stuff about that one in particular. I'd honestly be surprised if they don't have a Splatoon title at launch for NX though. Shooters are generally pretty easy to pump out sequels for. I'm hoping they got a kick ass lineup for that NX so they make a good case for themselves.

Only way I can see that thing actually being relevant at all, its not going to be easy for Nintendo.

Yeah I heard so much good stuff about that one in particular. I'd honestly be surprised if they don't have a Splatoon title at launch for NX though. Shooters are generally pretty easy to pump out sequels for. I'm hoping they got a kick ass lineup for that NX so they make a good case for themselves.

Only way I can see that thing actually being relevant at all, its not going to be easy for Nintendo.

There's a rumor going around about a Splatoon port for the NX launch, which would be fine. I'd prefer a sequel game personally. There are a couple of things that need fine tuning from the first.

I've been a big Zelda hater but this game looks like it has made some major improvements. It looks like it could be a good Zelda game finally. I feel like even speaking of a good Zelda is like talking of an ancient legend. But it looked like a fun game to explore and play so far.

So far the main things I dislike are the flurry rush, the arrow strike animation, and really easy enemies. But for sure more is good than bad.

I got a Wii U for christmas, and literally only play Xenoblade, but holy shit. Zelda makes me so happy I have it. I cannot wait. NOW!

This looks great. Think I'd get an nx before WiiU...

I've been a big Zelda hater but this game looks like it has made some major improvements. It looks like it could be a good Zelda game finally. I feel like even speaking of a good Zelda is like talking of an ancient legend. But it looked like a fun game to explore and play so far.

So far the main things I dislike are the flurry rush, the arrow strike animation, and really easy enemies. But for sure more is good than bad.

And what exactly has been wrong with the previous Zelda games? The only one that really bugged me was Skyward Sword's controls. The rest of the games have all been pretty awesome imo.

And what exactly has been wrong with the previous Zelda games? The only one that really bugged me was Skyward Sword's controls. The rest of the games have all been pretty awesome imo.

Just about everything has been wrong with them other than music and art.

Just about everything has been wrong with them other than music and art.

Very in depth answer there. I feel like you just don't like something and try to pass it off as fact when almost all of them have gotten great reviews and lots of acclaim.

The trailer was beautiful. The more I watched of the stream the more the game impressed me, they started out minimalist, but then they got into the nitty gritty of the depth of the mechanics.

29pb43b.gif

2jcfpzm.gif

aadws8.gif

ipplcx.gif

2ihuskw.gif

I liked that they showed him using a variety of different primary weapons. Other than a sword I've seen a club, 2h axe, and a spear. Just hoping they make them all viable for different play types. Also love that he can sneak, not sure what he could do in the last 2 that were on the Wii since I couldn't get into the motion controls. Super hyped for this.

Haven't decided on if I will get this on my Wii U or the possibility of picking up a Nyx bundle since it's supposed to be a launch title. If the Nyx comes out and it's a more traditional controller I will likely get one, but if they try to revolutionize the way I play games again with some gimmick I'll stick with the Wii U since I rather enjoy the gamepad.

*edit*
Also, at work so can't really check but have they mentioned any kind of crafting system? All of the footage I've seen so far has him cutting down trees for lumber, picking up berries, and looting all sorts of random stuff from enemies. This just screams a deep crafting system to me so keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Back