Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

I read June 30th (just checked - confirmed!)... that's 8 days from now!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:<cheer>

I read that the master mode requires a new save file. I might just wait a little while and start a whole new game of BotW on master mode with all the DLC content. SO many games to still play in my backlog it's ridiculous.

I read that the master mode requires a new save file. I might just wait a little while and start a whole new game of BotW on master mode with all the DLC content. SO many games to still play in my backlog it's ridiculous.

That...is actually a pretty solid plan I might steal from you.

That...is actually a pretty solid plan I might steal from you.

Wanna hear the rest of my plan for my next master mode run?

-Get enough hearts to get master sword asap (not sure if if yellow temp hearts work or not)
-Complete Cave of Trials right after to unlock full power to MS
-Use MS as main weapon, and you're allowed to keep 5 alt weapons at a time to use while it's recharging power. One boomerang, one spear, one rod, one 2 handed weapon and one regular sword.
-Wear gear for aesthetic purposes only, not for perks or stats. Have to rely mainly on food for perks.
-Turn HUD to pro mode, where only hearts show. I wish this was customizable but it's not so I'll have to make due.

Next step is figuring out which order to beat the Beasts in.

Wanna hear the rest of my plan for my next master mode run?

-Get enough hearts to get master sword asap (not sure if if yellow temp hearts work or not)
-Complete Cave of Trials right after to unlock full power to MS
-Use MS as main weapon, and you're allowed to keep 5 alt weapons at a time to use while it's recharging power. One boomerang, one spear, one rod, one 2 handed weapon and one regular sword.
-Wear gear for aesthetic purposes only, not for perks or stats. Have to rely mainly on food for perks.
-Turn HUD to pro mode, where only hearts show. I wish this was customizable but it's not so I'll have to make due.

Next step is figuring out which order to beat the Beasts in.

U didn't play your first run in pro mode?? I switched as soon as I found out about it (after 1st village) and never looked back. It felt immersive!.. defeinitely the way to play Zelda...

U didn't play your first run in pro mode?? I switched as soon as I found out about it (after 1st village) and never looked back. It felt immersive!.. defeinitely the way to play Zelda...

If it was a bit more customizable I would have. I like having my mini map on the screen, could do without the temp and soud meters. Next time I'm definitely going pro though.

If it was a bit more customizable I would have. I like having my mini map on the screen, could do without the temp and soud meters. Next time I'm definitely going pro though.

Trust me you wouldn't have missed it. It didn't matter if I was lost. It became part of the experience.. loved the minimap initially but loved it even more without it.

Last edited:

I did the same thing. It was a lot of fun having to keep myself orientated. Looking to high points to figure out which direction I'm going. Of course at times I looked at the map. Loved the immersive experience.

Played with all of the gauges on, but will go pro on the new hard mode.

I'm truly trash in this game. I can't count how many times I've died lol. I don't even want to know how many times I would die in a Pro Mode.

I'm truly trash in this game. I can't count how many times I've died lol. I don't even want to know how many times I would die in a Pro Mode.

I don't consider myself a gaming wiz by any stretch, but after playing through all of the Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne I thought BotW would be a cake walk in comparison. It was embarrassing how many times I had my @ss handed to me in the get go, how many times I got overwhelmed and had to high tail it out of engagements.

Once you get some quality armor and a few hearts it gets a lot easier. Then when you get fill out your armor upgrades, hearts and get some good weapons you start to feel like The Hero of Time and start wrecking house.

They Lynell's can still throw me for a loop though. I can clear Silver Maned Lynell without getting hit, then fight another one and go through a ton of food. My consistency with those enemies is garbage.

I don't consider myself a gaming wiz by any stretch, but after playing through all of the Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne I thought BotW would be a cake walk in comparison. It was embarrassing how many times I had my @ss handed to me in the get go, how many times I got overwhelmed and had to high tail it out of engagements.

Once you get some quality armor and a few hearts it gets a lot easier. Then when you get fill out your armor upgrades, hearts and get some good weapons you start to feel like The Hero of Time and start wrecking house.

They Lynell's can still throw me for a loop though. I can clear Silver Maned Lynell without getting hit, then fight another one and go through a ton of food. My consistency with those enemies is garbage.

Same with regards to the Soulsborne series. What makes it so grueling is that you have few healing items early on and so many more ways to die than in those games. Like, death from fall damage is a thing in all of these, but it's WAY more likely here. Also no healing checkpoints/bonfires so you actually have to hoof it to someplace to sleep.

Anyone want to try playing master mode WITHOUT using any fast travel warps? I am tempted, but damn it will take forever to get around...

Anyone want to try playing master mode WITHOUT using any fast travel warps? I am tempted, but damn it will take forever to get around...

I kept my fast travel to a pretty low amount on my first run, and I don't regret a thing. I had no issue taking my time hiking/climbing/riding around. I have so many awesome screenshots of various landscapes I've witnessed stored on my Switch.

Damn I wish I had the time to play this and could justify buying a Switch just for one game. Sounds amazeballs

Damn I wish I had the time to play this and could justify buying a Switch just for one game. Sounds amazeballs

You could either:

1. Get it on the WiiU

2. Get it on the Switch. There are a lot of good games out/coming soon on the Switch. You already have Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 DX, Disgaea 5, ARMS out now and Splatoon 2 coming in 3 weeks. Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Metriod Prime 4, and a mainline Pokemon game coming out.

You could either:

1. Get it on the WiiU

2. Get it on the Switch. There are a lot of good games out/coming soon on the Switch. You already have Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 DX, Disgaea 5, ARMS out now and Splatoon 2 coming in 3 weeks. Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Metriod Prime 4, and a mainline Pokemon game coming out.
i don't have either of those and I'm not about to buy one just to play Zelda.

Tempted but I am not sure I can commit to it. It will be my 2nd run and I could take all the time in the world and enjoy slowly finding and solving everything one region at a time but yeah... it will take for friggin ever...

Forget finding or getting star fragments... lol

i don't have either of those and I'm not about to buy one just to play Zelda.

Which is why I listed a bunch of other games out or coming out for the Switch. If nothing besides Zelda interests you there's not much you can do about it.

Back