The lengths ppl go to..

AIGOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To gain an edge over smaller opponents is pathetic. Recently..ie cavillo. Ffs, couldnt even stand-walk. Learn how to eat correctly. Or keep the weight and fight higher. And just to throw some shade..conor did the same. His success at 155, lets see, beat* eddie, and nothing since. This shit has to be cleaned up.

To gain an edge over smaller opponents is pathetic. Recently..ie cavillo. Ffs, couldnt even stand-walk. Learn how to eat correctly. Or keep the weight and fight higher. And just to throw some shade..conor did the same. His success at 155, lets see, beat* eddie, and nothing since. This shit has to be cleaned up.
I get your point, and missing weight is completely unacceptable in my opinion, but cutting weight is a skill in the fight world. Saying that fighters should stop cutting weight to gain an advantage is a whole lot like laying "fighters shouldn't train take down defense, it gives them an unfair advantage". What you're talking about is removing an entire mechanic of the sport just because you find it unsportsmanlike. Sorry bud. This isn't jiujitsu.

Also, dehydrating so severely affects the amount of punishment your brain can take. You can take a better punch at a natural weight. It takes some people longer to learn, like Rumble. Imagine the career he could have had if he had started at 205 rather than fucking around at welterweight.

I get your point, and missing weight is completely unacceptable in my opinion, but cutting weight is a skill in the fight world. Saying that fighters should stop cutting weight to gain an advantage is a whole lot like laying "fighters shouldn't train take down defense, it gives them an unfair advantage". What you're talking about is removing an entire mechanic of the sport just because you find it unsportsmanlike. Sorry bud. This isn't jiujitsu.

Not even close...but good try?

Not even close...but good try?
Why though? What makes weight cutting any different than punching technique or say cardio? I know my opinion is unpopular, but replying with "good try" doesn't do anything to show me why I'm wrong. I stand by it.

Cutting weight, and cutting weight properly are a big part of the sport. Why shouldn't people work hard at it if it plays into their game?

Back