The Looming Tower on Hulu (Fact Based 9/11 Mini-Series)

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Has anyone checked this out? It's a 10 part mini-series that details the intelligence and policy failures that lead up to 9/11 (based on the Pulitzer Prize winning book by the same name). So far, Hulu has only released the first three episodes, and I just got caught up on it today. It is a really interesting story with some great performances and an overall really good production.

Last edited:
HbvBsLnTbcEYG06gO3Ktr7cH6BHwPRDTqtjcL4uplT7QvhoyQ2jQYSl93BsQoM86sjj1Qf-VrYVsLBXyJi7QJj0ZbA48N2kKVu9BEmo5E6fkEu5QRuLwuTU=w250-h302-nc

Haven’t heard of it until now but it looks good. I’ll probably check it out tonight.

Anyone else watching this? I checked out the first episode last night and thought it was pretty solid.

The Looming Tower traces the "rising threat of Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda in the late 1990s and how the rivalry between the FBI and CIA during that time may have inadvertently set the path for the tragedy of 9/11. It follows members of the I-49 Squad in New York and Alec Station in Washington, D.C., the counter-terrorism divisions of the FBI and CIA, respectively, as they travel the world fighting for ownership of information while seemingly working toward the same goal – trying to prevent an imminent attack on U.S. soil."

Wheres the documentary where our now president says on tape the twin towers were lined with asbestos and it would be cheaper to demolition them than it would be to repair them? Naw that wouldnt make for a good show, well do this instead. I will crawl back to the war room now...

Wheres the documentary where our now president says on tape the twin towers were lined with asbestos and it would be cheaper to demolition them than it would be to repair them? Naw that wouldnt make for a good show, well do this instead. I will crawl back to the war room now...

Tell us more. . .

Watched 3 episodes so far and this is turning out to be a solid show. Definitely recommended.

I’m up to date and I like it. Definitely a good replacement for when the path ends

I’m up to date and I like it. Definitely a good replacement for when the path ends

I think you're the only other person on here I've seen say that they also watch The Path. That's a solid show and it's interesting to see Aaron Paul tackle a role like that after getting to know him as Jesse Pinkman.

How are you feeling about S3?

I think you're the only other person on here I've seen say that they also watch The Path. That's a solid show and it's interesting to see Aaron Paul tackle a role like that after getting to know him as Jesse Pinkman.

How are you feeling about S3?

I like it. It was an adjustment watching him switch to leader after denier for two seasons but it’s still really good. Still think cal is the most interesting character though. My employee was in episode 9 as the guy suing them who worked at the pizza place haha

I like it. It was an adjustment watching him switch to leader after denier for two seasons but it’s still really good. Still think cal is the most interesting character though. My employee was in episode 9 as the guy suing them who worked at the pizza place haha

I think the first season is still easily the best, but I'm liking 3 more than 2, which I thought was kind of weak.

Cal is an interesting character, yeah, though I sometimes think that Hugh Dancy sometimes overplays his neuroticism.

And that's interesting about your employee. That was actually the last episode that I watched, in fact.

The fifth episode is available on Hulu now.

Last edited:
Read the book by Lawrence Wright, a Pulitzer Prize Winner btw.
who knows if a production of it will be good. Hope so.

Back