Rewatch The Mac's run (only victories)

Koala

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

He made Brundage look like he didn't belong to the UFC compared to Cage Warriors fighters who did better vs McGregor
I totally forgot he wrestled Holloway in R3. I think he was injured
After TUF, I thought Brandao would be champ. McGregor showed he was so much better
His fights with Poirier are weird. The first was a victory with strikes to the back of the head (Herb Dean) and the last loss on an injury
Siver never touched him while being top 10
Mendes was close to a crucifix and Herb Dean spent his time talking to him. People were saying his rise to the title was accelerated but Holloway, Mendes, Poirier, Brandao, and Siver was quite a run
Aldo's fight was crazy
He had to rely on an anti-Nate gameplan to beat Nate Diaz
The Alvarez fight was McGregor's masterclass. I don't know if Alvarez doesn't regret not signing for the Nurmagomedov fight
Cerrone should have been investigated if he wasn't already a rich guy

He made Brundage look like he didn't belong to the UFC compared to Cage Warriors fighters who did better vs McGregor
After TUF, I thought Brandao would be champ. McGregor showed he was so much better
His fights with Poirier are weird. The first was a victory with strikes to the back of the head (Herb Dean) and the last loss on an injury
Mendes was close to a crucifix and Herb Dean spent his time talking to him. People were saying his rise to the title was accelerated but Holloway, Mendes, Poirier, Brandao, and Siver was quite a run
Aldo's fight was crazy
The Alvarez fight was McGregor's masterclass. I don't know if Alvarez doesn't regret not signing for the Nurmagomedov fight

He’s usually always in exciting fights, I’ll give the guy that. Though it’s arguably more entertaining when he loses because it displays his McChicken heart and is likely followed up by a full on meltdown.

What a time, what a run, annnnd Look At Me Now !
<WhitmanDefeat>

Just watching this vid and you can see in the Mendes fight and Diaz 2 fight that Conor has pretty poor boxing defence.

He’s very good at moving out of distance but he has almost no head movement, he does dip to his left a lot though so i guess that counts. He also has less lateral movement than i remember.

He was getting clipped a lot.

It finally caught up to him in the 2nd Dustin fight.

Cowboy wasn't expecting that, he wanted to touch gloves and start slow. Kinda similar to Khamzat vs Holland

Aldo's fight was crazy

Christ I thought you guys fizzled out in 2021 after Poirier KO’d McGregor.

It's 2024.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

That's nearly 10 years ago. And a pretty short run as well. He is not even a top 20 all time great. Although he is fun to watch.

Back