The majority of NFL starting QB's are Evangelical Christians, Jay Cutler only Satanist

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Football is a sport that has clear religious connections, from the Hail Mary pass to Touchdown Jesus to the Immaculate Reception. The likely permanent exit from the league of the NFL’s most famous Christian, Tim Tebow, left me wondering how many other quarterbacks have expressed their Christian faith in overt terms. The answer was eye-opening: based on my research, 24 out of 32 starting NFL quarterbacks (75 percent) are evangelical Christians.

In some ways, the results are not surprising at all, as we’ve become accustomed to football stars hoisting trophies and announcing, “First of all I’d like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” “Muscular Christianity” has a long history in this country, manifesting itself through organizations like the YMCA, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and the National Association of Christian Athletes. American Christianity has always had a masculinity problem, with fears that identification with “Gentle Jesus, Meek and Mild,” will turn otherwise virile males into wispy Victorian Jesus-worshipping nancy boys. Hence the almost obsessive focus in some Christian circles on a strong body being paired with a strong faith.

But I can’t help but think there’s something else at work here. Although the football audience is broad, it leans heavily toward working class or mid-professional level men, many of whom are likely to think of America as a “Christian nation.” As the team leader and the public face of the franchise, the quarterback must be a paragon of American masculinity—both in body and in spirit. In football there is a mix of Christian dogma, violence, and capitalism that seems to be an appropriate proxy for American culture. If American football is the sport of empire for the Rome of this age, then the quarterback is surely its most vaunted gladiator.

Here, in quotes, are the faith testimonies of the Christian quarterbacks of the NFL, as well as a few notable exceptions. Quarterbacks are listed according to Week 4 starts, although some injured franchise quarterbacks are also listed. Quarterbacks’ religious affiliation is indicated by the following symbols:

First the AFC, then the NFC, in Division Order:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/poptheology/2015/10/nfl-quarterbacks-christians/

"Evangelical" is such a meaningless term.

Also, that is three years old.

Now it makes sense xD

Matthew Stafford is a top 25 party animal athlete so he is a heathen? I guess religious people are party poopers even by their own accounts.

Matthew Stafford is a top 25 party animal athlete so he is a heathen? I guess religious people are party poopers even by their own accounts.
Most of these souther evangelicals are wild party animals look at johnny manziel

>Football is a sport that has clear religious connections

{<jordan}

Super Bowlus 10:17
"And then the LORD sayeth 'Thou must shoot the gap and get skinny, for the Quarterback of thine enemies must have his dick driven in the dirt'."

If I was paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around for 25 hours a year, I'd believe in god too.

Also see Leviticus 11: 7-8 and get back to me.

Did you even try checking their sources? lol

Article is old as hell. LoL at the comparison of football players to gladiators.

All I know is Rodgers real name is GODGERS and the Viqueens are lucky Barr broke his collarbone or we'd be having 12 vs 12 this year in the SB.

The article lists Michael Vick as the Pittsburgh Steelers starting quarterback. I think we can disregard this article's quality of content.

>Football is a sport that has clear religious connections

{<jordan}

Super Bowlus 10:17
"And then the LORD sayeth 'Thou must shoot the gap and get skinny, for the Quarterback of thine enemies must have his dick driven in the dirt'."

Raidus 3:17

And from the city on angels came a tribe most vile and cruel. The tribe was led by an old and decrepit man who had long forsaken the lord. The old man preached to his tribe. Calling out "Just win, baby!" and that they did until they lost a beast of warrior named Bo Jackson and did things like waste a first round pick on a kicker. The tribe fell so far Randy Moss son of Deon could not save them. And that was how it was for long time until the emergence of Derek Carr, the younger brother of David. The tribe began to remember the old ways and what the old man had told them and started winning again, baby.

I love the possible options for religion being evangelical, Roman Catholic unknown and heathen.

The article lists Michael Vick as the Pittsburgh Steelers starting quarterback. I think we can disregard this article's quality of content.
What about the qoute by jay cutler he said he was a satanist? Lol

jay-cutler-funny-face-nfl-referee.jpg

The exact moment when he received the dark lord.

All I know is Rodgers real name is GODGERS and the Viqueens are lucky Barr broke his collarbone or we'd be having 12 vs 12 this year in the SB.
We’ve already been over this Greg.
Dipshit broke his own collar bone
ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif

We’ve already been over this Greg.
Dipshit broke his own collar bone
ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif
Fuck your can team, fuck Anthony Barr....

I hope if Anthony Barr has a significant other he's the victim of a DV assault with a cast iron pan

Back