The Man in the High Castle anyone watching it ? (my bad sherbros)

How has this not been getting more hype? Watched this on my Halloween comedown and was gutted there where only 2 episodes out. This could be one of greatest series if it continues the way it has been going.

Bump

Watching the series now, it seems really good.

This thread the first time around did get me reading up a little on the book. I'd probably have more interest in it if they had given the Nazis a more realistic win, instead of just sweeping across the globe in the 1940s. But most people want fantasy.

So this got more then a pilot? i thought the pilot was cool, interested in where they take this.

Watched the trailer looks pretty boring. I'll give it a miss. Thanks though.

What else does Amazon Prime have? I hate to pay just to watch one show.

It's illegal to download streams in Canada? That's a bit draconian. Here that will violate any distributor's terms of service, contractually, but afaik, it's definitely not illegal. It's like hacking Verizon to hotspot your mobile without paying for it.

Rogers and Shaw do not fuck around.

How is the show? I need something to binge watch after Jessica Jones

Not really understanding this thread. The question is "does it deserve a remake" when this is a new show.

Watched the first episode a while ago. Seemed alright. Might check out the rest.

Saw them filming it a while ago. The craft services was closing and they had ribs left over so the nice lady gave me a plate of ribs. They were good. Has little to do with the show, but hey, it was free ribs.

Saw them filming it a while ago. The craft services was closing and they had ribs left over so the nice lady gave me a plate of ribs. They were good. Has little to do with the show, but hey, it was free ribs.

2hicpde.gif

Great book! I never knew there was a movie.

Astonishingly, that trailer fails to really say what the movie is about apart from indicating an alternative history where the Axis powers won. Then what? The what!!?!???!??!

Not really understanding this thread. The question is "does it deserve a remake" when this is a new show.

ah, missed this post. i think he must mean, "should this be adapted from the novel?" and now i'm disappointed to see that this is a series and not a film. not sure it needs to be dragged out.

I've watched the whole season

I really liked it, but it's one of those types of shows that begins with several mysteries and by the end more new questions have been raised than old ones answered, so if that frustrates you it's probably not a show for you

I think my favorite thing about it is the fact that most of the major characters have some morally grey aspects to them, yes even the SS and Kempeitai leaders

Obergruppenfuehrer John Smith is probably my favorite character

The last minute is an absolute mind fuck, and a huge cliffhanger. If it doesn't get a second season I'm gonna rage

Got the book on my shelf though so definitely gonna read that sumbitch soon

Great book! I never knew there was a movie.

Astonishingly, that trailer fails to really say what the movie is about apart from indicating an alternative history where the Axis powers won. Then what? The what!!?!???!??!

It's a show that was part of Amazon's most recent pilot season. The first episode is available for free (i.e. for non-Prime members). Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSGIVVO

I really liked it, but it's one of those types of shows that begins with several mysteries and by the end more new questions have been raised than old ones answered, so if that frustrates you it's probably not a show for you

I think my favorite thing about it is the fact that most of the major characters have some morally grey aspects to them, yes even the SS and Kempeitai leaders

The last minute is an absolute mind fuck, and a huge cliffhanger. If it doesn't get a second season I'm gonna rage

PKD wrote a couple books which started as sequels to the book but he changed them into what eventually became other stories.

The Ganymede Takeover and VALIS?

Ever read either?

Woops! im sorry let me remake this

I watched the pilot and thought it was pretty good. Not outstanding, but pretty good and an interesting concept. I was happy when it got picked up for a full season. Since you didn't know it was a show I assume you haven't seen it?

I saw this talked about on Alternatehistoryhub's YouTube channel. It was fascinating. I will have to watch it or find the book.

Seems interesting, but what is it about, aside from the **** and the Nazis winning the war? Any decent actors or directors? HBO quality stuff?

I'm 3 episodes in but I'm having trouble staying awake watching it. Great concept though.

I watched the pilot and thought it was pretty good. Not outstanding, but pretty good and an interesting concept. I was happy when it got picked up for a full season. Since you didn't know it was a show I assume you haven't seen it?

i read the book. Only spoiler ill give is, lol@ Canada still being there, even in that timeline nobody cares about them

my buddy just told me about this, im definitely gonna check it out.

Seems interesting, but what is it about, aside from the **** and the Nazis winning the war? Any decent actors or directors? HBO quality stuff?

Dr Hannibal Lecter check here son. It's pretty fucking dark, at least for Europe. Europe get the full force of Hitlers dream

I hope his whole family dies in a dumpster fire! In the 2nd episode when he orders the interrogator to keep on beating the prisoner even after he was in a coma was just sickening...

Might give this a try.

I'm four episodes in to the show and loving it. The alternate history is truly horrifying. There was a very simple scene in the first episode that really disturbed me.

He is young he is afraid. Let him rest heaven blessed. Bring him hope bring him love. Bring him home.

A sun must die one by one. Bring him peace, bring him joy. He is young, he is only a boy.

You can take you can give. Let him be, let him live, if I die, let me die, let him live, bring him home, bring him home. Bring him home.....

What else does Amazon Prime have? I hate to pay just to watch one show.

Many of the same movies that Netflix has, all of the HBO shows, a huge library of free music, which you can play offline, and free two day shipping on all Prime eligible orders.

My favourite part of this book was the bit about draining the mediterranean

I still need to read the book. One of the few major PKD works I haven't read.

My favourite part of this book was the bit about draining the mediterranean

I find it crazier that they were already on the moon and pushing for mars. it shows just how advanced the Nazi's became after they won

I hope his whole family dies in a dumpster fire! In the 2nd episode when he orders the interrogator to keep on beating the prisoner even after he was in a coma was just sickening...

Well, that guy's job is to be a torturer of men

Gotta give him something to do amirite?

i read the book. Only spoiler ill give is, lol@ Canada still being there, even in that timeline nobody cares about them

Occupying Canada would be dumb. The number of people you would need to control a country this size would be a waste for a Nazi regime which apparently was already needing to hold about 10 million square miles.

Show is awesome. I'm 3 episodes in and I love it. The alternate history is awesome. I love the post WWII time frame movies.

The spy intrigue is much cooler without the huge technology of today.

I find it crazier that they were already on the moon and pushing for mars. it shows just how advanced the Nazi's became after they won

And draining the Mediterranean. Not realistic parts of the book.

But I don't know anything about the book. It would be a cool twist if the Nazis lied about having a colony on Mars.

Absolutely amazing show. Everything is on point and it's filled with excellent suspense, characters you hate, ones you love and a very engrossing yet creepy atmosphere. Amazon hit it out of the park with this series.

Dr Hannibal Lecter check here son. It's pretty fucking dark, at least for Europe. Europe get the full force of Hitlers dream

Very thought provoking. I will add this to my watch list.

I'm four episodes in to the show and loving it. The alternate history is truly horrifying. There was a very simple scene in the first episode that really disturbed me.

Was it the
ashes of the cripples and elderly?

Back