The Man in the High Castle anyone watching it ? (my bad sherbros)

The Ganymede Takeover and VALIS?

Ever read either?
Never read Ganymede.

I've read:
The Man in the High Castle
The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
Ubik
A Maze of Death
Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said
A Scanner Darkly
VALIS
The Divine Invasion
The Transmigration of Timothy Archer

PKD is always a weird read. The stuff he made right before he died...Valis, The Divine Invasion, Transmigration Of Timothy Archer...is batshit sometimes. Probably better to start with other books before jumping to those. Then if you like what you're reading, dip into those.

ill have to get it via torr....i mean buy it

I've still only seen the pilot, but I enjoyed that. Seems the show as a whole is getting rally positive reviews.

BTW, I really wish some of the old covers for his books were still readily available.

883631.jpg

one of my favorite books, i only heard about the tv showe a couple months ago and i'm not sure if i'll watch it or not for fear of ruining the book. i hate when you see a film of a book you have read then try and re-read the book but you can only picture the film in your head as your reading. letting your memory do the work rather than your imagination. anyone else feel this way?

i'll probably only watch it if it gets really good reviews.

ill have to get it via torr....i mean buy it

Well the pilot is all that's out right now and it usually takes a year or so for them to finish a full season's worth of production. It JUST got picked up so it's going to be a little while before the rest of the season is available.

Seems interesting, but what is it about, aside from the **** and the Nazis winning the war? Any decent actors or directors? HBO quality stuff?

Mmm, I wouldn't quite say HBO quality. Not quite that level of production. Ridley Scott's an executive producer, though.

Back