The Man in the High Castle anyone watching it ? (my bad sherbros)

I've seen this available on Amazon Prime for quite a while. I don't like to watch series just starting because Fox and others have disappointed me so many times by not finishing a series. I was looking for something to watch this week and saw the second season was available so I figured I'd watch it. I had a little trouble finding the first season but the Amazon search got me there.

I was hooked immediately and watched the 20 shows in 3 days. One of the best alternate history shows that I've seen.

Great book! I never knew there was a movie.

Astonishingly, that trailer fails to really say what the movie is about apart from indicating an alternative history where the Axis powers won. Then what? The what!!?!???!??!

ah, missed this post. i think he must mean, "should this be adapted from the novel?" and now i'm disappointed to see that this is a series and not a film. not sure it needs to be dragged out.

I haven't read the book but I don't see how this could have been shortened into a 2 or even a three hour movie. Even in the 20 episodes, there were parts that seemed rushed.

This really is a fantastic show. I liked season 2 even more then season 1.

One of the things I enjoy about the show is how everything is kind of a shade of grey (in my opinion) All sides (nazis, japanese and resistance) are shown doing good and bad things. There are characters and situations that one can relate to and empathize with from all sides of the story.

I find this kind of unique and refreshing as most shows are written so you know who is supposed to be good and who is bad.

pIq69Ea.jpg

War Room would jizz over this.

This really is a fantastic show. I liked season 2 even more then season 1.

One of the things I enjoy about the show is how everything is kind of a shade of grey (in my opinion) All sides (nazis, japanese and resistance) are shown doing good and bad things. There are characters and situations that one can relate to and empathize with from all sides of the story.

I find this kind of unique and refreshing as most shows are written so you know who is supposed to be good and who is bad.
Yeah, they were really good at making the Obergruppenfuhrer a sympathetic character despite his evil deeds.

saw it last year. first season was good. lots of fat on the show tho. middle episodes were boring and dragged on. looks great on hdr also.

Back