The man to finish Ben Askren

Askren is eventually going to get sparked out by someone who's just a better athlete than he is. Probably sometime soon, since it doesn't look like Askren takes his S&C training very seriously. He'd have a few KO/TKO losses on his record already had the UFC signed him instead of ONE FC. Could you imagine him trying to fight Hendricks, Woodley, or Lawler? Lol.

I think he lucked out hard with Sapo being a complete dummy. I have little doubt that Sapo would have wrecked Askren had he been able to make weight for that fight. He was SO much bigger and in better shape than Askren was for that fight. It's insane that some people blamed Askren for that fight not happening. Sapo couldn't make 170lbs, and then he refused to stay below 190lbs for the fight. Hopefully he learned that you can't fight at Welterweight when you're the size of a Light Heavyweight.

It'd have been a massacre if Askren couldn't take him down, which he didn't show the ability to do during there first short encounter.

Askren is eventually going to get sparked out by someone who's just a better athlete than he is. Probably sometime soon, since it doesn't look like Askren takes his S&C training very seriously. He'd have a few KO/TKO losses on his record already had the UFC signed him instead of ONE FC. Could you imagine him trying to fight Hendricks, Woodley, or Lawler? Lol.

I think he lucked out hard with Sapo being a complete dummy. I have little doubt that Sapo would have wrecked Askren had he been able to make weight for that fight. He was SO much bigger and in better shape than Askren was for that fight. It's insane that some people blamed Askren for that fight not happening. Sapo couldn't make 170lbs, and then he refused to stay below 190lbs for the fight. Hopefully he learned that you can't fight at Welterweight when you're the size of a Light Heavyweight.

It'd have been a massacre if Askren couldn't take him down, which he didn't show the ability to do during there first short encounter.

Askren had gotten complacent with lower tier comp in 1C.

Some collaboration of 1C/Bellator/Rizin along with signing Paul Harris (assuming Bendo stays in UFC).

Koreshkov v Paul Harris
Askren v Lima

Winner of each fight vs each other

Koreshkov v Paul Harris
Askren v Lima

Askren-smothers-Lima-defends-Bellator-title-QA194T2D-x-large.jpg

8_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

It's like people have short-term memory loss with Askren and with ONE.

LOL Askren destroyed Koreshkov with every round 10-7. I dont see how anyone can even suggest they be on the same bracket. That guy must want Andrey to die next time.

From what you've shown me TS, he is great at hitting focus mitts and modeling at the beach. A lil like Baroni.

Last edited:
Hinds would have jabbed both Lawler's and Condit's ears off last night ala GSP/Kos

Easily one of the saddest threads on Sherdog

He will make it, he's going to win his ONE FC debut in dominant fashion.

I wonder if he stays after beating Ben or will he go for a fat UFC contract and possibly face Rory/Johnny at the end of 2015

:):p

Askren-smothers-Lima-defends-Bellator-title-QA194T2D-x-large.jpg

8_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

It's like people have short-term memory loss with Askren and with ONE.

They are the top 4 WW's outside of the UFC. Askren has been fighting sub-par comp anyway so he has probably declined a bit and needs an opponent to sharpen him before fighting Paul Harris.

Back