The Matrix - the significance of the window washer scene

Perhaps implied that by the end of the war when the skys had been blotted out humans were the only animals left to use?

The idea of blocking sunlight makes fuck all sense of course as the planet would freeze pretty quickly, not to mention killing off plant life and with it oxygen production.

Nope. Radioactive lightning storms. I seens the movie.

The Matrix was a good movie but a stupid premise. The humans figure out that they are in a virtual reality that is made of code. They battle in that reality to what point? They can upload a helicopter, Gatling gun, black leather outfits, or do kung fu but they can't code a replicating virus to screw up the computers / AI or come up with a firewall capable of keeping Mr. Smith and company at bay?

shut your communist mouth. God... DAMN YOU!!! God damn you, sir!!!

Its common for the first 5-10 minutes of a film/series to contain a lot of info about what is to come. In stranger things they summarise the whole first series in the first 3 scenes.

Annoyingly my phone doesn't display videos on Sherdog for some reason so I'll have to check this out at a later date.

Why didn't the computers just use cows? They could have implanted visions of green pastures.

They were using cows, that is the deepest level of the matrix. Morpheus even hints at it with the comment "Endless fields, Neo". That was simply the cow having dreams of fields in the manifestation of the machines simulation of being a human seeing fields of human batteries.

#Wakeup

Things in movies to make autistic people happy with themselves.

What always gets me is Neo was there to expose the Matrix and wake people up and he conveniently has a passport that expires on 9/11/2001.

Matrix_Passport-500x332.jpg

9/11/2001 was the event that changed the world and allowed the U.S. government to pass the Patriot Act and create a secret Big Brother surveillance state, where everyone is watched and traced and tracked. Now watch the opening scene of the film and see it for what it is, a phone call that is being traced and monitored, all communications are monitored.

At 1:08 she actually hears the trace
At 1:45 the police are entering room 303, (33 is the highest level of Freemasonry)

The black and white tiles of Freemasonry are also in several places in the film.

th

th

th

<TheWire1>

Awesome thread. I see anything related to The Matrix, I like.

top 10 GOAT movie with a top 10 GOAT scene:

Last edited:
Just watched the opening scenes. Something I never noticed before, a lot of the camera movement and angles is very similar to those used in 3rd person video games in the 90s.

Hot Fuzz is the best film for subtle Easter eggs. For instance did you know that the Santa that stabs Simon Pegg in the hand is none other than Peter Jackson of LOTR fame.

hqdefault.jpg

The Wachowskis really were inspired when they made that film.

If by inspired you mean plagiarism, I totally agree lol. It seems they picked up bits, if not the full story from Sophia Stewart and another writer, never really acknowledging their work

Back