The metal thread \m/

I love seeing Metal from across the world. Especially from Africa.

People often accuse Metal of being "Too white" and it's not unfair, but there are alot of different ethnic groups from every country that listen to and play metal.
I think it is unfair to say. People play what they want. It's like saying rap is too black. Not often do people just say fuck this band, just because of their color. Tons of Asian and latin metal bands. Africa is coming up too. You cannot make people play metal, and I wouldn't want to either. You have it in your heart or you don't. Just the way it should be.

I think it is unfair to say. People play what they want. It's like saying rap is too black. Not often do people just say fuck this band, just because of their color. Tons of Asian and latin metal bands. Africa is coming up too. You cannot make people play metal, and I wouldn't want to either. You have it in your heart or you don't. Just the way it should be.
You know what? You're right, very well said.

Not a song, but this is a pretty cool concept and video, nonetheless. Some do stink a bit though...

For anyone here who is a Gojira and those who are not you should listen to this band. A bunch of dudes from France who make some of the best Progressive Metal on the planet. This is the first time the band has ever played Global Warming live albeit at the Silver Cord studio here in NY back in May. Still this is a thing to behold. Joe Duplantier's vocals are on another level here.

Also here is Toxic Garbage Island from their set at Hellfest in 2016.

This band also like myself are into preserving the environment and Joe is a member of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

First concert I paid to see was Iron Maiden, World Slavery Tour at Maple Leaf Gardens.
I’m old as fuck.

Suzuka Nakamoto was only 16 when this was filmed.

Gotta love Alex Terrible one of the best vocalist in the Deathcore scene next to Dickie Allen. (Dont try to understand it if you dont speak Russian)

To honestly believe he needs little to no distortion added to his screams is insane. Best lows hands down. Sounds like satans spawn i shit you not.

This is how guys like Takayoshi Ohmura celebrate birthdays.

They gather all their friends, get up on stage, crush skulls, and maybe even get paid if they pack the house.

Tonight at the local record store i found Iced Earth's Horror Show signed by then drummer Richard Christy.

After getting deep into Death lately I think Symbolic is their best album, the best blend of prog, thrash and death and production. I do like Sounds of Perseverance but maybe they took the prog/tech thing a bit far, I prefer Symbolic's levels. Great great band though.

Back