The metal thread \m/

After getting deep into Death lately I think Symbolic is their best album, the best blend of prog, thrash and death and production. I do like Sounds of Perseverance but maybe they took the prog/tech thing a bit far, I prefer Symbolic's levels. Great great band though.

Music was great, but I just could never get into Chuck's vocals. I think maybe because I preferred the more archetypal deeper growls like Blessed/Covenent-era Morbid Angel and Entombed's "Left hand path" which to me is still the greatest death metal album of all time and I've probably listened to like 250 in my life.

After getting deep into Death lately I think Symbolic is their best album, the best blend of prog, thrash and death and production. I do like Sounds of Perseverance but maybe they took the prog/tech thing a bit far, I prefer Symbolic's levels. Great great band though.
I was just listening to that album on LP earlier this evening. Such an amazing record
39391317_10156136887432639_3738096581023367168_n.jpg

Music was great, but I just could never get into Chuck's vocals. I think maybe because I preferred the more archetypal deeper growls like Blessed/Covenent-era Morbid Angel and Entombed's "Left hand path" which to me is still the greatest death metal album of all time and I've probably listened to like 250 in my life.

I’m not a huge DM fan, I can tolerate the vocals but don’t love em by any means, he did write great lyrics though. Then again I’m a huge Megadeth fan and Dave writes shit lyrics sometimes and has fairly average vocals so clearly I’m about the music ha ha

The future goddesses of metal and rock are back.........actually two videos per day and showing great progress.

Tool - Lateralus. I know some folks don't consider Tool metal but I do
GniJ9Un.jpg

Supprised no MMA fighter has used this, would suit a delayed Gus hometown walkout well...

How fucking weird is it to hear Lemmy's voice and the Sympathy for the devil cover by Motorhead in an Acura commercial? It ranks up there with my recent vacation to Daytona, and Come As You Are by Nirvana was playing over the airport speakers. So Motorhead and Nirvana are 'Easy Listening/Elevator music" now???

This seems to be the case most of the time. I'm usually the odd one out, in that my preference for Death albums is sequential, with SBG and Leprosy neck and neck.
Human was their big transition towards a more technical approach, largely due to the amazing skinsmanship of Sean Reinert.
IMO he even eclipses Hoglan and Christie.
Bottom line though is Chuck and co. never released a weak album, which is rare.

How fucking weird is it to hear Lemmy's voice and the Sympathy for the devil cover by Motorhead in an Acura commercial? It ranks up there with my recent vacation to Daytona, and Come As You Are by Nirvana was playing over the airport speakers. So Motorhead and Nirvana are 'Easy Listening/Elevator music" now???
It seems fucky to me... I can see the Stones, but 'head and Acuras?
LOL

63 years old and metal as fuck.

This seems to be the case most of the time. I'm usually the odd one out, in that my preference for Death albums is sequential, with SBG and Leprosy neck and neck.
Human was their big transition towards a more technical approach, largely due to the amazing skinsmanship of Sean Reinert.
IMO he even eclipses Hoglan and Christie.
Bottom line though is Chuck and co. never released a weak album, which is rare.

I think it's a damn shame Death get called "death metal", i think it stops a lot of people from listening to them. They are so much more than that, especially lyrically, they ain't all just about the gore stuff. And yeah they always had dudes who could really play their instruments.

I think it's a damn shame Death get called "death metal", i think it stops a lot of people from listening to them. They are so much more than that, especially lyrically, they ain't all just about the gore stuff. And yeah they always had dudes who could really play their instruments.
Possessed is fabled to have been the originators of the term.
Seven Churches is top notch, the next a slight step down.
I think it's mainly due to the vocal style of both Becerra and Schuldiner.

Back