The Mist - New adaptation on Spike (UPDATE: Show is canceled)

It's a crazy fucking story. I've watched a few documentaries on it. The government fucked up big time.

Waco + Ruby Ridge was a real one-two punch for anti-governmentalists in the early 90s.

Read Cold Zero. Written by an FBI HRT Sniper who was at both incidents. Awesome first hand account.

As for The Mist, i have my DVR set to record it. Really liked the movie. Makes for an awesome survival horror series thst departs from the traditional zombie formula.

I'd be curious to hear about these objectively better shows. It seems that everything I've watched lately has been unimpressive.

Fargo, Fear the Walking Dead, Twin Peaks, Kingdom, and Blood Drive off the top of my head. American Gods, too, but that did just end its first season. If those make your list of unimpressive shows, I can't see The Mist bowling you over, either. There's a clear difference in the level of acting between The Mist and all the other shows I listed, and the writing doesn't help. And again, I can't stress enough that the movie version still holds up as it is. I'd highly recommend just watching that if you still haven't gotten around to it.

Me and the Girlfriend haven't found any show that's gripped us in a while. Last one was probably Narcos and The Night Of.

This "The Mist" looks a little.... Meh.

It was...ok. like a lot of tv dramas there is a ton of filler and personal storylines that have nothing to do with the main premise of the show.

Was less than impressed with the pilot. Hope it gets better. The CGI is bad, acting is worse.

Not to mention the costume designer needs to be fed to the mist for the laughable attempt at an Army uniform.

Was less than impressed with the pilot. Hope it gets better. The CGI is bad, acting is worse.

Not to mention the costume designer needs to be fed to the mist for the laughable attempt at an Army uniform.

I might check it out tonight. Considering the comments in here so far though, I'm not expecting much.

Oh, god. Within 5 minutes they introduce the goth, gay, bisexual, progressive best friend of the high school female. You want him to die, but you know they couldnt possibly do it.

I think the potential is better than the episode itself. King stories are about characters as much as anything else. Theyre trying to set them up, and I can commend them for that. They didnt just give you mist horror within 10 minutes and everyone was running away from the rest of the show. I like the central conflict human thats been brought up and I think it has potential. But what bugs me soemtimes is just terrible character decisions. King is really good at not having his characters do shit they wouldnt do just to nudge the plot and this show has a few instances of me going "Seriously"?

Like I said, theres a set up here that could pay off and they arent holding back from being R rated. I'd call the pilot disappointing, but will give it another episode or two to see how they progress the set ups theyve made.

It is another one of those slow burn shows, I will pass. You will see one monster at the season finale cliff hanger. Rest of season will be building up the humans and how they become bad to each other

It is another one of those slow burn shows, I will pass. You will see one monster at the season finale cliff hanger. Rest of season will be building up the humans and how they become bad to each other

Its almost like its based on a Stephen King story.

Its almost like its based on a Stephen King story.

Yeh, but the movies are usually pretty good. Because it is a movie, no slow burn. Well even if the do it slow, it cant last for more than 2 hrs. A full season of that shit with days in between episodes, no thanks.

Okay, so I watched the pilot.

Annnnnnnnnnd . . . I didn't hate it.

It seems that there is a LOT of negativity for this show, both in this thread and elsewhere on the Internet. So I went into it expecting the worst. With the talk about how slow the show is, I didn't even expect the mist to have gotten to the town in the first episode.

Didn't hate it, didn't love it. I think I might struggle with turning it on and trying to do nothing but focus on it, but it's the perfect kind of show to put on while you're doing some other task that doesn't require a lot of attention, like cutting up vegetables, folding clothes, etc.

Not sure if I'll make it to the end or not, but I at least intend to check out the second episode.

Considering what I've heard, I expected worse.

Okay, so I watched the pilot.

Annnnnnnnnnd . . . I didn't hate it.

It seems that there is a LOT of negativity for this show, both in this thread and elsewhere on the Internet. So I went into it expecting the worst. With the talk about how slow the show is, I didn't even expect the mist to have gotten to the town in the first episode.

Didn't hate it, didn't love it. I think I might struggle with turning it on and trying to do nothing but focus on it, but it's the perfect kind of show to put on while you're doing some other task that doesn't require a lot of attention, like cutting up vegetables, folding clothes, etc.

Not sure if I'll make it to the end or not, but I at least intend to check out the second episode.

Considering what I've heard, I expected worse.

I need to watch the second episode.. but I was pretty let down.

I'm a HUGE fan of the novella, and loved the film as well and like the different endings.. Really hoping the show gets better.

I'm a HUGE fan of the novella, and loved the film as well and like the different endings.. Really hoping the show gets better.
Same boat as me except I hated the ending to the movie. I feel like theres good set ups here.

But holy fuck, that goth kid. Jesus Christ. Who actually sees that and goes "Yes. The show is better with him in it. The audience will like it more now."

The characters are bad and the human drama is bad. All they've got is the mystery of the mist to sustain any interest. It's gonna end up like under the dome where there's so much pointless filler you don't even know what the point of the story is.

I guess we'll see. I've never read the novella or seen the movie, so I went into it not knowing much about the story or having many ideas about how it should be told. Maybe that helped.

Like I said, it probably won't be a show that I devote a prime TV watching slot to, but it will be something that I put on and watch casually while I do some menial task.

There's a place in the world for shows like that.

Alyssa Sutherland looks pretty damn good in this series. I was very glad to see she did nude scenes in Viking. I binged watched the 1st 2 episodes on demand.

Back