The Mist - New adaptation on Spike (UPDATE: Show is canceled)

Alyssa Sutherland looks pretty damn good in this series. I was very glad to see she did nude scenes in Viking. I binged watched the 1st 2 episodes on demand.
You're using the term binge watch like Rogan who's been binge watching Narcos for 5 months now.

I'll watch it bc I watch all SK adaptions. The book and movie were both great. I have a lot of love for SK and have even enjoyed some of the shitty adaptations.

Episode two is pretty bad. CGI is atrocious. Damn near Sci-fi channel bad.

Not to mention the town just happens to be the model of ideal diversity too. And they are already playing the race angle.

Episode two is pretty bad. CGI is atrocious. Damn near Sci-fi channel bad.

Not to mention the town just happens to be the model of ideal diversity too. And they are already playing the race angle.

Weird. I was intoxicated when I watched it but I remember thinking ep 2 was better than ep 1.

Episodes are ok but it just suffers from very poor production value.

I get what you're saying. It feels kind of low-rent, but it's only like Spike's second original series. (Or maybe first?) So there's a lack of experience at play along with the fact that they don't have HBO money.

It's pretty cheesey and there is no lead that stands out. Hopefully they turn up the horror to compensate.

It's pretty cheesey and there is no lead that stands out. Hopefully they turn up the horror to compensate.
The hot mom MILF (possibly town slut) Alyssa Sutherland sure makes my pee pee stand UP after seeing her nude vidcaps from Vikings.

Ep 4 ain't on demand yet. What's the latest episode # that aired?

Episode 3 just aired. It was pretty crappy. Not liking all the drama between everyone BS.

The moth thing looked very cheesy.

The movie had some legit demented and creepy creatures. So far this one has none of it.

On Demand has Ep 4, so I'm watching that later tonight.

Watched ep 3 last night.

I think it's official: I kind of like the show. I don't love it. I don't think it's great. But I do like it enough to keep tuning in from week to week. I feel like it's JUST GOOD ENOUGH to keep watching and I'm pretty sure I'll keep moving forward to the end.

Who else intends to stick with it?

I didn't watch the whole thing of the original. I will try to watch this version to the finish. The mom does tend to look good.

I finished ep 4 last night, so I guess I'm all caught up.

The funny thing is that I'm actually a little surprised that I've made it this far--I really didn't expect to after seeing the first trailer that was released--but here I am. And looking forward to the next ep.

Like I said earlier, I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but something is keeping me interesting and giving me motivation to watch the next episode.

I'm giving it one more then calling it quits. So far the monster aspect has not delivered. We've gotten a shadow, moths, and leaches. Nothing near the horrors showed in the movie.

So far I don't care about the characters either. Druggie is annoying, military guy is worthless, the kids are all horrible too.

I think I'm watching this to try to pretend it's good.

I'm giving it one more then calling it quits. So far the monster aspect has not delivered. We've gotten a shadow, moths, and leaches. Nothing near the horrors showed in the movie.

So far I don't care about the characters either. Druggie is annoying, military guy is worthless, the kids are all horrible too.

I just finished episode 5, so I guess that means I'm halfway through the show. I think that focusing on the monster element may be losing sight of what the show is REALLY about, which is the human drama during a time of crisis.

Though I guess if you don't care about the characters, then that's just not going to be satisfying to you. Personally, I think the characters are just interesting enough to care about.

I think I'm watching this to try to pretend it's good.

If I were to have to judge it strictly on a pass/fail, good/not good kind of scale, then I'd go ahead and give it the thumbs up. Though it is a weak thumbs up. As I think I mentioned earlier, I feel like the show is clearly NOT A-level television, but at the same time there is something about it that keeps me coming back and devoting 44 minutes per week.

Personally, it's pretty much perfect as what I call a "cooking show." That is, I'm not going to watch it during my prime viewing hours when I'm really ready to sit down and watch some quality television, but it's just right for those times where I'm cooking or performing some other menial task that doesn't require a ton of attention and during which I need something to entertain me.

I just finished episode 5, so I guess that means I'm halfway through the show. I think that focusing on the monster element may be losing sight of what the show is REALLY about, which is the human drama during a time of crisis.

Though I guess if you don't care about the characters, then that's just not going to be satisfying to you. Personally, I think the characters are just interesting enough to care about.

My main issue is there is nothing in the Mist so far that is just,the otherworldly disturbing stuff,yhat drove the character conflict in the movie. The stuff thst really made characters freak out. So far all the charactera killed in the Mist have been killed by bugs. Not anything supernatural and otherworldly just bugs. Except for the shade.

So far all the conflict is cheap stuff that was there prior to the Mist. Slut mom, drama with family, gay teen, etc.

I want more of the Mist causing problem and causing the breakdown of reason.

If it doesn't have the silly spiders from the movie, I'll consider that a plus.

Back