The MMA Hour: Ranallo Cyborg Reem Valentina Makwan Creepy Daley Hackleman Soares Razak -1pm ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
rnQY8hgw

Below is a rundown of Monday's show:

1:00 p.m. ET -- We'll recap the week that was in MMA.

1:25 p.m. -- Ian McCall will talk about his recent loss to Kyoji Horiguchi and what's next for him.

1:45 p.m. -- Paul Daley will discuss his recent loss to Jon Fitch and his future with Bellator.

2:05 p.m. -- Alistair Overeem will preview his UFC 225 fight against Curtis Blaydes.

2:25 p.m. -- LFA CEO Ed Soares will stop by to share some news about the organization.

2:45 p.m. -- Chuck Liddell's long-time head coach John Hackleman will discuss Liddell's decision to return to fighting.

3:05 p.m. -- Combat sports play-by-play announcer Mauro Ranallo will join us in studio to discuss the upcoming release of his new documentary, "Bi-Polar Rock 'N' Roller."

4:05 p.m. -- Makwan Amirkhani will preview his UFC Liverpool fight against Jason Knight and discuss his year-long layoff from MMA.

4:25 p.m. -- Top women's flyweight contender Valentina Shevchenko will update us on when she'll return to action.

4:45 p.m. -- Filmaker Bobby Razak will discuss the "Mask" documentary about the late Tapout co-founder Charles Lewis.

5:05 p.m. -- UFC women's featherweight champion Cris Cyborg will talk about what's next for her.

5:25 p.m.
— The MMA (After) Hour will air exclusively on Twitter. We’ll showcase Ric's Picks and answer your questions sent via the hashtag #themmahour.

I thought ariel wouldn't be on MMA hour anymore because of his espn deal. guess its until next month, then

Read the title and thought: That's a long ass name.

Not a very good mma hour today except for Overeem

I thought ariel wouldn't be on MMA hour anymore because of his espn deal. guess its until next month, then

I think I read the new show starts June 11th

Ariel calls the MMAFighting crew his family. Kind of a scummy move to leave your family behind like this. The MMA Hour is their flagship program, that thing feeds VOX media MMA family websites with an entire week worth of 'news' articles. Now all they have left are Luke Thomas' technique breakdowns and Wednesday rants. They'll swap to a different host come June 18th and it will die off like Ray William Johnson's =3. NY Ric better start looking for another job

Uncle Creepy just announced his retirement.

Ariel calls the MMAFighting crew his family. Kind of a scummy move to leave your family behind like this. The MMA Hour is their flagship program, that thing feeds VOX media MMA family websites with an entire week worth of 'news' articles. Now all they have left are Luke Thomas' technique breakdowns and Wednesday rants. They'll swap to a different host come June 18th and it will die off like Ray William Johnson's =3. NY Ric better start looking for another job
I agree, Luke could kill MMA Fighting all by his lonesome (rant it to death, most likely).

I have a feeling Shaun Al Shatti will probably play a more prominent role, if not completely take over Ariel's 'duties', in the future. I think he can do it, too, he is super likeable, smart, good looking, a very good journalist - mostly his writing, admittedly, but maybe with a chance to shine his linguistic skills can transition successfully to a verbal format, too. He recently did a very good interview with DC, and was a gracious interviewer.

NY Ric is good, too, and maybe can come in to his own more, rather than just be Ariel's perpetual hipster sidekick.

Alexander Lee is another young MMA Fighting journo-in-the-making who could add something unique to the sport, i feel.

I agree, Luke could kill MMA Fighting all by his lonesome (rant it to death, most likely).

I have a feeling Shaun Al Shatti will probably play a more prominent role, if not completely take over Ariel's 'duties', in the future. I think he can do it, too, he is super likeable, smart, good looking, a very good journalist - mostly his writing, admittedly, but maybe with a chance to shine his linguistic skills can transition successfully to a verbal format, too. He recently did a very good interview with DC, and was a gracious interviewer.

NY Ric is good, too, and maybe can come in to his own more, rather than just be Ariel's perpetual hipster sidekick.

Alexander Lee is another young MMA Fighting journo-in-the-making who could add something unique to the sport, i feel.

Nobody in the industry has the rapport with fighters, the interview and instigation skills of Ariel. He's one of a kind in those respects. There's a good reason why he's built this reputation for himself and has more social media followers than 95% of the fighters, and why the MMA Hour has the lineup it has.

Al-Shatti is probably the best choice out of the available options at MMA fighting (manlet Raimondi and Segura, jaundiced Thomas, cringelord Mindenhall, any up-and-comers like Lee..not much of a lineup tbh) but neither him nor anyone else has shown anything that suggest they can take Ariel's place on the mantle. I can totally see the show dying off.

Could they get Laura Sanko to be a presenter for the MMA Hour?

For someone who walks around with that jolly nerd PC good Guy shtick... Ariel is one cold blooded motherfucker

Make no mistake about it

Overeem picking Stipe over DC but says it will be a fight, it won't be easy. Says Stipe is great at coming up with a game-plan and sticking to it.

Nobody in the industry has the rapport with fighters, the interview and instigation skills of Ariel. He's one of a kind in those respects. There's a good reason why he's built this reputation for himself and has more social media followers than 95% of the fighters, and why the MMA Hour has the lineup it has.

Al-Shatti is probably the best choice out of the available options at MMA fighting (manlet Raimondi and Segura, jaundiced Thomas, cringelord Mindenhall, any up-and-comers like Lee..not much of a lineup tbh) but neither him nor anyone else has shown anything that suggest they can take Ariel's place on the mantle. I can totally see the show dying off.
True, Ariel is one of a kind, and his shows and his personality has more or less become synonymous with MMA Fighting now. Which is why i can see (hope) that some of the others, notably Shaun, and secondarily NY Ric and Lee, has a chance to come into their own now. Everyone's kind of been in Ariel's shadow up until this point.

I agree, that they will have to develop their own style rather than try and copy Ariel...can't see Shaun being much of an instigator in the style of Ariel, like, at all. Luke's a natural shit stirrer but lacks the redeeming qualities to pull off that sort of drama and intrigue.

I hope the show doesn't die off, way i see it, it's Shaun or bust, atm.

Back