The most rabidly delusional fan bases

radiohead fans because they dont know any of the musicians rh ripped off. They are the led zep of the 90s in regards to plagiarism.

Phish heads.

Everyone of these tools that I've encountered has been from an upper-middle class family from New England who seems to be genuinely pissed that they didn't get to experience the hippy free-love and drug era of the late 60s. And no, jackass, using a vacuum cleaner as an instrument is not indicative of musical genius. I have in fact witnessed a Phish concert. Wanna know why there's so much drug use at Phish concert? Cause the band's performance is so fucking bland and uninteresting that you need something to keep yourself from dying of boredom. (Or you could just do what I did, and leave...). And no, Trey Anastasio is not greatest thing since sliced bread. He's great, no doubt. But just cause he's got more musical ability and talent in his left pinky than all of KISS put together doesn't mean that I have to like him.

Dead heads.

They smell worse than Jerry's rotten corpse and I find the band that they worship to be more coma-inducing than sodium thiopental. You love em. Great. I think they should be used to torture terror suspects in Gitmo. Can't we all just get along? Except, keep your distance, cause you smell like death warmed over...

I went to High school in a rich town. There were some rich kids who listened to Dead, and Phish. Not sure why. I never heard of them, I dont know how they heard of them. But they tried to rub it into everyone faces like they were the coolest, hippest, trendiest band around.

There was this one girl in particular. She would talk really loud so everyone would hear her, and pretend no one else was around as she touted how cool it was to be part of that crowd.

Outside of KISS and Dream Theater's singer, I like every group/ musician you listed. Liquid Tension Experiment (John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, Mike Portnoy and Tony Levin) is basically Dream Theater without the vocals. I think Levin serves that needed role you mentioned of reigning those guys in a bit making them more accessible. Though, as great as he is, Petrucci still has a tendency to go over the top in a live setting. Only saw them once but it was the When the Keyboard Breaks show that consisted of about 90 minutes of pure improv after...well, the keyboards broke. In the top 20 live concerts I've seen I think.

I see Phish more than any other band these days but they do have a shitload of fans that are just morons. I followed the Grateful Dead first, so getting into Phish took a bit of time as lyrically they just don't measure up to the Grateful Dead. Robert Hunter wrote great lyrics for Jerry and those story teller kind of songs are what I felt Phish was missing when I first got into them. Now I find some of Phish's music as poignant and meaningful and they're simply better musicians than the Grateful Dead ever hoped to be. I love both bands for different reasons. But the unifying factor is the improv approach to music which was lifted from the jazz scene. I don't like seeing many bands that sound just like their recorded music. I like musicians that challenge an audience to hear their songs in a different light or with a different approach.

Zappa was a genius imo but so are a lot of great musicians. I don't think he was the greatest anything but he was an interesting dude with cool, quirky songs and he surrounded himself with other great musicians and his output was tremendous compared to most musicians of the eras he was alive. Nowadays you have Buckethead making album after album like that which is great imo. Those guys definitely left their marks on the world and for a fan it's awesome to have so many albums to explore even if they're not all gems.

Iron Maiden fans are rabid! By far the loudest audience I've ever been in was an Iron Maiden show indoors. Not chit chatty loud but yelling their brains out over the band with almost every single fan wearing a black Iron Maiden t-shirt at the show. It's pretty impressive how fucking crazy those fans are about that band. I mean, I listened to them a bunch in grade school and high school but that didn't prepare me for just how insane people are for that band.

Rush is a band I haven't seen but I've always liked them. I've heard those "intellectual" types talk about them and it's fairly annoying. I'd still like to catch them live some time but I think that ship has sailed.

Randy Rhodes was fucking awesome but rock has already been reinvented over and over again imo. There's a ton of creativity out there happening with music every day. Still would have liked to have seen him live at some point. But I don't know that the experience would be any more impactful than seeing Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Pat Metheny, Jeff Beck or a number of other guitar greats that I've seen.

So yeah, I'm a fan of a lot of those bands amongst a shitload of others. I love the shit out of Ween but since really delving into them more since their reunion I've discovered they have one of those rabidly devout fan bases that think they can do no wrong and are God's gift to music. They are awesome in their own right but they're not the most technically proficient. But that's actually part of the point with them, the fans love when they fuck up which is a cool twist. But they fall in that "my favorite band is better than your favorite band" category of fans for sure.

Radiohead fans are definitely in that category as well. Radiohead live is great but so are a lot of other bands. Their production is what really impresses me the most. Outside of Daft Punk I'm hard pressed to think of more impressive stage set ups. And they're different every tour which makes them more memorable.

Anyway I digress. My main point I guess is I like turtles.

Modern shitty rap/RnB fans pretending that shit they listen to is actually music. With deepest regret in my heart I must inform you that some Tyrone wailing to the autotune is NOT music.
i am not dissing decent rap or RnB, but so many shit acts nowadays =(

Modern shitty rap/RnB fans pretending that shit they listen to is actually music. With deepest regret in my heart I must inform you that some Tyrone wailing to the autotune is NOT music.
i am not dissing decent rap or RnB, but so many shit acts nowadays =(
you ever hear of Daptone Records?

you ever hear of Daptone Records?
I heard a couple of tracks by dap-kings and I know they toured with Winehouse. They play decent music, it ain't no autotune wailing.

I heard a couple of tracks by dap-kings and I know they toured with Winehouse. They play decent music, it ain't no autotune wailing.
There is/was Sharon Jones who the Dap-Kings mainly played with before she died in '16 along with a few other singers and groups that record there that have that 60's and 70's vibe to their music with everything being recorded in analog no digital shit. More modern places should be like that instead of relying electronics to make them sound good it's like when Beyonce did her special on HBO Lemonade on there just basic songs nothing fancy then you hear the shit from from the album release on youtube and it sounds like shit.

There is/was Sharon Jones who the Dap-Kings mainly played with before she died in '16 along with a few other singers and groups that record there that have that 60's and 70's vibe to their music with everything being recorded in analog no digital shit. More modern places should be like that instead of relying electronics to make them sound good it's like when Beyonce did her special on HBO Lemonade on there just basic songs nothing fancy then you hear the shit from from the album release on youtube and it sounds like shit.
I am ok with electronics if it's added so you can make effects which are unachievable without electronic stuff. It can be interesting. If you use electronics to hide the fact you can't play or sing, it's shit.

I am ok with electronics if it's added so you can make effects which are unachievable without electronic stuff. It can be interesting. If you use electronics to hide the fact you can't play or sing, it's shit.

radiohead fans because they dont know any of the musicians rh ripped off. They are the led zep of the 90s in regards to plagiarism.

Outside of "The Air That I Breathe" rip for "Creep" any other examples?

Theres a song on okcomputer towards the beginning that is a cover of nick drake.

I see. Subterranean homesick alien. Yeah, it's very similar to that Nick Drake song...actually more damning than the Hollies rip but that's nowhere near Led Zep level anything consider nearly the entirety of LZs first album contained something directly lifted from somebody else.

Radiohead had 3 albums in the 90s and as of today 2 cases of rip with no credit. Wouldnt Oasis, who enjoyed more success in the 90s and have more cases of this be more appropriate to label the LZ of 90s theifs? Most bands have atleast one song that was clearly inspired by other songs.

Last edited:
I see. Subterranean homesick alien. Yeah, it's very similar to that Nick Drake song...actually more damning than the Hollies rip but that's nowhere near Led Zep level anything consider nearly the entirety of LZs first album contained something directly lifted from somebody else.

Radiohead had 3 albums in the 90s and as of today 2 cases of rip with no credit. Wouldnt Oasis, who enjoyed more success in the 90s and have more cases of this be more appropriate to label the LZ of 90s theifs? Most bands have atleast one song that was clearly inspired by other songs.
I would agree generally but radiohead gets so much hype for being innovative thats is rich for me when they basically cover songs, and its not like a generic blues song that sounds the same as a hundred others, its some unique super distinct song by a relatively unknown artists at the time. That to me is shameful.

I would agree generally but radiohead gets so much hype for being innovative thats is rich for me when they basically cover songs, and its not like a generic blues song that sounds the same as a hundred others, its some unique super distinct song by a relatively unknown artists at the time. That to me is shameful.
Shut the hell up Jimmy

A few years ago, I would say Slash Fans but Slash has improved by such an amazingly huge margin in playing and songwriting that he actually bailed out his delusional fans by making their delusion come true.

I buy his albums now.............same for pearl jam............love their later stuff.

Anyone who thinks Mick Jagger is good looking.

He's looked like a first base glove his entire life.

Anyone who thinks Mick Jagger is good looking.

He's looked like a first base glove his entire life.
tumblr_o0q6veJkAO1um3s21o1_500.gif

Beatles / John Lennon fans. They just can't let that shit go.

TOOL Fans - Delusional that a new album is coming!!!

*Life long Tool fan

How about ICP fans?
Motorhead fans used to be a pretty crazy lot.
ICP fans might take the cake

Back