Ratatouille
Finding Nemo
Wall-e
Incredibles
Akira
Adventures of tin tin

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the look of Spring Breakers

TV rather than a film, but Hannibal is stunningly beautiful, probably the best looking tv show of all time...

Dredd was such a fun watch. I was hoping for a second one.

i know. me too.

i was actually watching youtube last night. channel CinemaWins about Dredd. and the guy mentioned that the 100million dollar budget didn't create enough profits for the studios since the audience for the film was relatively small due to it's R rating and whatnot, but that it might come as a tv series to netflix...

The fall. Its like a a Dali painting come to life.

fall-tree-fire.jpg

98a714bafab01251b13481f3ba34c7a6.jpg

images

HC9i.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

tumblr_p71c52AGen1ut1d6co2_540.gif

fall1.gif

Last edited:
I may catch flack for this.... Boogie Nights

The cinematography is remarkable. Multiple single shots that last over a minute. The sets, the design, just spectacular all around.

Irreversible

Lots of good ones itt. A very long engagement , set during the 1st world war had some great trench scenes , and captured the period well imo.

Interesting choice, and interesting that you'd mention that but not Amelie from Jeunet's work.

Interesting choice, and interesting that you'd mention that but not Amelie from Jeunet's work.

I saw Amelie , but it didnt make nearly the same impression on me. Admittedly that's probably a reflection of my taste more than anything else.

I saw Amelie , but it didnt make nearly the same impression on me. Admittedly that's probably a reflection of my taste more than anything else.
From his catalog for me AMELIE is 12/10, followed closely by CITY OF LOST CHILDREN. If you find difficulty with whimsy, I can see how these two might even be considered revolting.

A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT was too true to its own title for me to see it more than once -- and I'm that guy who watches everything more than once. I loved Audrey Tatou and JPJ and even that could not sustain me.

From his catalog for me AMELIE is 12/10, followed closely by CITY OF LOST CHILDREN. If you find difficulty with whimsy, I can see how these two might even be considered revolting.

A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT was too true to its own title for me to see it more than once -- and I'm that guy who watches everything more than once. I loved Audrey Tatou and JPJ and even that could not sustain me.

Yeah , I could see how its not that rewatchable , I just thought it looked cool. Don't really have anything to add outside of that

Last edited by a moderator:
Every Wes Anderson movie. Darjeeling Limited is beautifully shot.

Black Hawk Down is amazingly shot.

Taxi Driver was incredible and the way the Hateful 8 was shot really made the best of the set.

Back