The myth that Colby looked bad against Maia...

The Colby haters are some of the most delusional mma fans on this site. It was a great performance where Colby managed to

1. Avoid being taken down by Maia
2. Walk through all punches like nothing
3. Battered Maia and broke him mentally and then physically.
4. Beatdown Maia worse in 15 mins than Woodley+Prime Silva did in 50 mins

You want Cody's cock, we get it. You be you, but...Maia beat himself in that fight. Thanks for playing though.

"colby looked good against maia"

<{cruzshake}>

The Colby haters are some of the most delusional mma fans on this site. It was a great performance where Colby managed to

^ This and I don't even like Colby. But a beating is a beating and Maia took one.

The point is that his overall striking looked pretty terrible. The fact that Maia was landing that much was embarrassing and his technique looked horrible. It's funny how he talked about being elite but can you imagine what a guy like lawler or woodley would do to him. Good defensive wrestling and ko power against Colby? lol he'd get wrecked

I don't think anyone is denying Colby rounds 2 and 3. Point is that he got outboxed by Maia of all people in the first round. How you gonna let K-1 Maia outbox you?

You want Cody's cock, we get it. You be you, but...Maia beat himself in that fight. Thanks for playing though.

Yeah, Maia beat himself. He never gasses in fights. But he just magically gassed against Colby.

It had nothing to do with Colby walking him down with relentless punches until he broke. You’re right.

I see a lot of people saying that Colby was getting pieced up by K1 Maia in the first round but Maia gassed and that is why he lost.

The first round was close and although Colby got bloodied up he outlanded Maia in each round.

Round 1 - 37 vs 29
Round 2 - 22 vs 11
Round 3 - 29 vs 13

Maia landed at a higher percentage to be fair but Colby landed 88 strikes and defended 13 takedowns.

88 strikes is the most landed by an opponent against Maia, to be fair Nate KOed him with one punch but it is still impressive. If you look at Maia's previous 6 opponents before Colby, so Woodley, Masvidal, Condit, Brown, Nelson and Magny, their combined strike output against Maia was 109 strikes.

Round 2 and Round 3 were total domination by Colby, so much so that by the end of the 3rd round, the fight was on the verge of being stopped, look at Maia's bloodied face and the position he was in.

Maia is 40 but that didn't stop him from destroying fighters like Condit, Nelson, Brown, Mangy etc in just a few rounds.

Colby does deserve some hate for some of the things he has done, but his performance against Maia was the best against him since Nate Marquardt. Woodley is a tough fight for him but he definitely can win it.

War Chaos!

Colby-Covington-696x392.jpg

Agree TS. There are some haters bashing his performance. He had the balls to plant his feat and bang with Maia. Woodley, on the other hand, ran the whole fight and was terrified to engage.

lol @ Colby haters.

The guy is trash, not liking him is automatic. You "fans" are the retarded ones.

WTF? Maia has a long history of gassing.
Name some times. The only time I’ve ever seen him gassed bad was in the McDonald fight and that’s because outgrappled Rory in round 1 and then McDonald was lighting him up on the feet in round 2. Rory broke him then. Colby broke him worse.

He stood with a woodley and Prime Silva for 50 mins and didn’t look bad at the end of those two fights. While Colby was seconds away from having the ref save Maia.

Name some times. The only time I’ve ever seen him gassed bad was in the McDonald fight and that’s because outgrappled Rory in round 1 and then McDonald was lighting him up on the feet in round 2. Rory broke him then. Colby broke him worse.

He stood with a woodley and Prime Silva for 50 mins and didn’t look bad at the end of those two fights. While Colby was seconds away from having the ref save Maia.

Gassed terribly against Weidman when Weidman took the fight on very short notice and had to cut 30lbs in two weeks.

Gassed against Macdonald, gassed against Sheilds, gassed against Woodley, gassed against Munoz. He's gassed in most of his losses and yup, he did again against Colby.
I'm not sure what fight you were watching if you don't think he gassed in the Woodley fight. Woodley did the bare minimum in that fight and Maia looked horrible at the end.

Maia always looks great when he has his way with other fighters on the ground. If he doesn't, he's often in trouble and cardio is one of the reasons.

I love to see how much hate people have here that they are so blind to the facts.
Colby dominated Maia and all of their asses with his win.If RDA is next,same thing will happen again.

I see a lot of people saying that Colby was getting pieced up by K1 Maia in the first round but Maia gassed and that is why he lost.

The first round was close and although Colby got bloodied up he outlanded Maia in each round.

Round 1 - 37 vs 29
Round 2 - 22 vs 11
Round 3 - 29 vs 13

Maia landed at a higher percentage to be fair but Colby landed 88 strikes and defended 13 takedowns.

88 strikes is the most landed by an opponent against Maia, to be fair Nate KOed him with one punch but it is still impressive. If you look at Maia's previous 6 opponents before Colby, so Woodley, Masvidal, Condit, Brown, Nelson and Magny, their combined strike output against Maia was 109 strikes.

Round 2 and Round 3 were total domination by Colby, so much so that by the end of the 3rd round, the fight was on the verge of being stopped, look at Maia's bloodied face and the position he was in.

Maia is 40 but that didn't stop him from destroying fighters like Condit, Nelson, Brown, Mangy etc in just a few rounds.

Colby does deserve some hate for some of the things he has done, but his performance against Maia was the best against him since Nate Marquardt. Woodley is a tough fight for him but he definitely can win it.

War Chaos!

Colby-Covington-696x392.jpg
Colby was the first person ever to break Maia. Not t even Anderson, Weidman or Woodley came close to what Teh Chaotic One did. That is a fact. Also, I don't buy this garbage that Maia is a shell of his former self, like Hobbie Hawler is, and just simply lost to better fighters that match up well with him. As far as I can remember, Maia has always had some serious trouble with wrestlers (Teh Chris, TWood and CoCo), while looking phenomenal against sub par tdd guys like Condition, Magny and The Immortal One.

I love to see how much hate people have here that they are so blind to the facts.
Colby dominated Maia and all of their asses with his win.If RDA is next,same thing will happen again.
Yah, I wonder how will RDA do when he struggles mightily against top wrestlers: Jeremy Stephens, Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, Khabib, Eddie, Tony and even Tibau to an extent. If he can not physically dominate you, or KO you, he wilts; the very definition of a good hammer and a poor nail.

Their hatred stems from his antics outside the octagon. He really gets on their nerves, lol. Which is what he wants.

Can't wait for Colby to expose RDA.

Maia also did a hell of a lot more damage to Colby than he did to either Woodley or Silva.

You failed to mention that.

Maia also did a hell of a lot more damage to Colby than he did to either Woodley or Silva.

You failed to mention that.
And Colby walked through it like nothing and kept coming forward breaking Maia.

Colby looked awkward against Maia but he actually did the right thing in trying to keep his distance while still actively striking. It is obvious with the way he was leaning over his lead leg just throwing shots out there without overcommitting.

Back