Joel Edgerton

It comes at night
The Gift
Life

Can only imagine more good things from Joel
B99464758Z.1_20161115190042_000_GMR17PD1R.1-0.jpg

No Tom Hardy?

No Tom Hardy?

Put his case forward, he started of pretty good with Bronson.. but has he elevated since then?, i like him but not sure if hes yet in the same league, what do you think?

Most of the guys listed are already half way through their careers.
When I think of New Breed I think of guys who are actually young and just starting to get into real roles like
Miles Teller
MV5BMTY2MzM2NzAxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIyMzg1NDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ansel Elgort
MV5BZTk1NWNmMTEtODdiMS00YzQ1LTg4MDQtMDczMzU5OGM3ZGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIzMDE1OTg@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Put his case forward, he started of pretty good with Bronson.. but has he elevated since then?, i like him but not sure if hes yet in the same league, what do you think?
Ive liked several of his other films but bronson has me a super fan of his for life

Cillian Murphy
Sunshine
Inception
Dunkirk

Not sure whether hes strong enough to pull main roles, but he is a talent.
S600x434

this dude is gonna be around for a long time. He can be funny and scary but think he will start doing more villian type roles.

JamesMcAvoy10.jpg

Most of the guys listed are already half way through their careers.
When I think of New Breed I think of guys who are actually young and just starting to get into real roles like
Miles Teller
MV5BMTY2MzM2NzAxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIyMzg1NDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ansel Elgort
MV5BZTk1NWNmMTEtODdiMS00YzQ1LTg4MDQtMDczMzU5OGM3ZGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIzMDE1OTg@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

They might be half way through there careers, but there tried and tested as far as talent and work load goes, these youngsters are still green and have yet to be blooded .... but i see your logic cant disagree..

Casey Affleck has been really good in his last few.
Leo---Under rated, the dude is diverse and interesting in his roles.
Gosling--LOVED Bladerunner 2049
Logan Lerman--Great in Fury, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Percy Jackson

Yeah you're right, maybe Tom Cruise, Stallone and Arnie? can you put Stallone and Arnie in this same category? im not sure.

I'd say those three were more filmstars even if Cruise and Sly can obviously perform well when pushed, in terms of really credible actors you suspect will last for a long period though few people stepped up. Recently I'd agree Leo, Gosling, Gyllenhaal and Farrel obviously stand out, Fassbender perhaps as well although he's not very consistent in the scripts he picks, Oscar Isaac being similar.

One shift of course is that you do get more actresses who can potentially sell credible cinema these days in the US/UK.

tumblr_lqq5rbwMRE1qbvaudo4_250.gif

Wallace has become a big star out of no where.

michael-b-jordan.jpg

Joel Edgerton

It comes at night
The Gift
Life

Can only imagine more good things from Joel
B99464758Z.1_20161115190042_000_GMR17PD1R.1-0.jpg
Damn, was literally about to put him in because I thought he wouldn't get a mention. Loved him in "Warrior", and was put on my radar when I saw "The Gift".

It looks like he's taking a step up in rolls seeing as he's now starring alongside Jennifer Lawrence in a new movie "Red Sparrow".

MV5BMTM4OTQ2MDUwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzExMjMzNA@@._CR395,41,1317,1317_UX402_UY402._SY201_SX201_AL_.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence being another example of new blood: her break through movie being "The Hunger Games" series.
Also stars in:
"American Hustle"
The "X-Men" series as Mystique
And "Passengers" < A lot of bad reviews but I enjoyed the concept and thought the acting was great.

Last edited:
Barry Keoghan

Killing of a sarced deer
Dunkirk

Real early days for this young-un but showed a good natural skill and has a usual look which should give him more roles in the future,.. .one to watch.
maxresdefault.jpg

I feel like you skipped a generation or two between your "breeds".

Ex:
Leo
DDL
Ed Norton
Tom Cruise
Denzel

Theyre the "middle aged"

Back