The New Yorker Festival Dumps Steve Bannon Because of Hurt Feelz

gassius_clay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Steve Bannon was slated to appear at the New Yorker Festival. However, he was recently dropped following protest from anti-vaxxer, liberal icon, and B-list actor Jim Carrey; as well as several other Hollywood "celebrities".

For those that don't know Jim Carrey is best known for talking out of his butt in the Ace Ventura movie and he was a natural fit for Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber.

Is this what passes as progress these days? Bannon, like him or dislike him, he is still a person the contributed to a Presidential election. Isn't there something that society can learn from him? At what point does the left stop reinforcing the meme: "everyone I don't like is a Nazi"?

Or maybe I'm wrong and some people just don't deserve a platform.
Screenshot_from_2018-09-13_19-00-03.png

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

Last edited:
Thread was already made I believe.

Steve Bannon was slated to appear at the New Yorker Festival. However, he was recently dropped following protest from anti-vaxxer, liberal icon, and B-list actor Jim Carrey; as well as several other Hollywood "celebrities".

For those that don't know Jim Carrey is be known for talking out of his butt in the Ace Ventura movie and he was a natural fit for Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber.

Is this what passes as progress these days? Bannon, like him or dislike him, he is still a person the contributed to a Presidential election. Isn't there something that society can learn from him? At what point does the left stop reinforcing the meme: "everyone I don't like is a Nazi"?

Or maybe I'm wrong and some people just don't deserve a platform.
Screenshot_from_2018-09-13_19-00-03.png

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

Well if boycotting Nike is ok then so is this.
Having said that, I would not have protested Bannon's presence.

He was dumped because a lot of the other speakers refused to share the stage with him, let Bannon speak at some right wing festival.

Bannon and Carrey are both pieces of shit.

Well if boycotting Nike is ok then so is this.
Having said that, I would not have protested Bannon's presence.
Indeed, which is why the failures were the organizers who didn't excise Carrey from the list instead of Bannon. After all, Bannon wasn't boycotting Carrey although I'm sure he disagrees with Carrey just as vociferously.

Carrey is impossible to stomach these days:

The New Yorker could have kept his invitation to the festival but they decided that he wasn't important enough to warrant the headache his presence would have caused.

Last edited:
LOL

"When will the intolerant left stop calling people Nazis???? If it doesn't stop at Steve Bannon, who will be accused next? Joseph Goebbels????"

Jim Carrey is a dolt and a flake, but I can't blame him here. I sure as shit wouldn't lend my celebrity to an organization that was giving a platform to that slimy, pathetic, hooker-patronizing cunt.

Indeed, which is why the failures were the organizers who didn't excise Carrey from the list instead of Bannon. After all, Bannon wasn't boycotting Carrey although I'm sure he disagrees with Carrey just as vociferously.

The organizers were either not happy with Bannon's views and or they figured the audience is far more likely to support Carey than Bannon.

The New Yorker kept his invitation to the festival but they decided that he wasn't important enough to warrant the headache his presence would have caused.

I'm sure that's really the explanation they gave. That he wasn't important enough.

Go someplace else...noone wants to read your ignorant fascist anti white posts.

LOL

"When will the intolerant left stop calling people Nazis???? If it doesn't stop at Steve Bannon, who will be accused next? Joseph Goebbels????"

Jim Carrey is a dolt and a flake, but I can't blame him here. I sure as shit wouldn't lend my celebrity to an organization that was giving a platform to that slimy, pathetic, hooker-patronizing cunt.

LOL

I'm sure that's really the explanation they gave. That he wasn't important enough.

Go someplace else...noone wants to read your ignorant fascist anti white posts.
They took back his invitation so obviously The New Yorker didn't think he was important enough.

First words out of his mouth? "I love everybody." Apparently only those you agree with Jim.

No...they didn't want to mop up the libtards rivers they were crying. Nice try.
It was either keep the slime Bannon or risk more important people not coming to the festival. Besides the type of people who Bannon would appeal to don't read the New Yorker or anything else for that matter.

LOL
"But but but they're all Nazis!!! *sniffle*"
<{1-1}>

Bannon is an open white nationalist who says he wants to expand the size and scope of the federal government, who regularly uses propaganda and outright lies to serve his agenda, and who conceptualizes his enemy as some illusory group of "elites."

That is exactly what Adolf Hitler was. There literally isn't a major figure in American politics more equatable to a Nazi than Steve Bannon.

Bannon is an open white nationalist who says he wants to expand the size and scope of the federal government, who regularly uses propaganda and outright lies to serve his agenda, and who conceptualizes his enemy as some illusory group of "elites."

That is exactly what Adolf Hitler was. There literally isn't a major figure in American politics more equatable to a Nazi than Steve Bannon.

Dude keep it coming, please this is gold.

Back