The Nintendo Switch unstoppable (for now) hack was just made public...

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
...but don't worry, the various incarnations of their other handheld systems were hacked and hacked and hacked...but Nintendo still made $$$$$

Definitely going to keep an eye on where this goes.

Yeah, definitely want to see what they slap on this thing. I'm sure with this out they will rush to get an updated model out that fixes the hardware issue, so early adopters will have a leg up. I've been really impressed with what they can cram into the Switch so it will be interesting to see what kind of homebrew stuff will run on this thing.

Yeah, definitely want to see what they slap on this thing. I'm sure with this out they will rush to get an updated model out that fixes the hardware issue, so early adopters will have a leg up. I've been really impressed with what they can cram into the Switch so it will be interesting to see what kind of homebrew stuff will run on this thing.

Yeah.

It's up to hackers to hack.

It's up to Nintendo to thwart said hackers.

But hey, if you have a system, it's up to you to do...WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO IT.

...yes, it sucks for Nintendo, (although, it won't hurt them TOO much...as they can make an updated system, etc) but it's the sign of the times.

WAR hackers...and WAR Nintendo!

The process for "hacking" these devices looked way too complicated for noobs (like me) and I'd rather buy the games than risk messing up my device permanently, and that was one of the possibilities mentioned in the hacking guide I read back when I had a Nintendo 3DS. Paying $40+ for a second hand (and great) game that came out over 5 years ago is ridiculous, but I would've lost out on at least 3 games if I'd broken it and had to buy another.

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, I don't know much about the switch but I'd be surprised if the hacking wasn't mainly about getting games for free. I should watch the video in the OP <45>

What's the goal here of hacking the Switch? Is it so you can modify it and play pirated games?

From my experience and what I've seen, early adopters of successful gaming hardware generally do have a leg up.

What's the goal here of hacking the Switch? Is it so you can modify it and play pirated games?

I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I can sort of track what the guy is talking about, but he doesn't tell you the point of the hack.

The point is to do whatever you want.

Homebrew can be...ever expanding, and yes, pirating is also a factor.

Anyone that's modded their Wii or PSP or Vita or Nintendo handheld systems...etc, etc, knows the power of...doing whatever you want in context with a strong homebrew scene.

The point is to do whatever you want.

Homebrew can be...ever expanding, and yes, pirating is also a factor.

Anyone that's modded their Wii or PSP or Vita or Nintendo handheld systems...etc, etc, knows the power of...doing whatever you want in context with a strong homebrew scene.

I guess people just like the challenge of defeating the security of someone else. I just don't see what advantage is to be gained outside of pirating games.

I wish nintendo would release a legit console and not gimmicky shit. Everything of theirs has sucked since N64.

Typically it's to create a homebrew software that allows you to pirate games and load whatever you want on the system. I have a Wii that's hacked with homebrew. It has every Nintendo game ever made loaded on it (pre-Wii-U).

I wish nintendo would release a legit console and not gimmicky shit. Everything of theirs has sucked since N64.

Yup, couldn't have said it better myself. The numbers don't lie. NONE of their systems have sold well after the N64, they even lost the handheld market to the PSP and Vita, they've released no good games since then, and thankfully they make no money so they'll have to go bankrupt and sell their IPs to Sony and Microsoft.

Yup, couldn't have said it better myself. The numbers don't lie. NONE of their systems have sold well after the N64, they even lost the handheld market to the PSP and Vita, they've released no good games since then, and thankfully they make no money so they'll have to go bankrupt and sell their IPs to Sony and Microsoft.

Glad you agree. Outside of Japan and american losers they are failing hard.

Glad you agree. Outside of Japan and american losers they are failing hard.

Not failing harder than having nothing better to do than going into a Nintendo thread to bitch and complain about how you don't like their systems.

Seriously?

The GameCube had some GREAT games!

The Wii wasn't bad either, but of course...shovelware was RAMPANT. Their 1st party stuff was ACE. I just played Double Dash a few days ago with some friends.

The Wii U was a disaster of course, but to say that The Switch is lame................ O_O'

I take it you don't have The Switch.

where do you get your information from?

ixbl9y.jpg

2mh8nq0.jpg

they don't (or didn't) have the most powerful handheld, but to say Nintendo lost the market is idiotic. They've been leading that market since the original gameboy came out, and that was even an inferior device to the sega gamegear.

Back