The Nintendo Switch unstoppable (for now) hack was just made public...

where do you get your information from?

ixbl9y.jpg

2mh8nq0.jpg

they don't (or didn't) have the most powerful handheld, but to say Nintendo lost the market is idiotic. They've been leading that market since the original gameboy came out, and that was even an inferior device to the sega gamegear.
maxresdefault.jpg

which part of that photo proves Nintendo fell off after the N64 though? even the doom and gloom articles about nintendo show that the Wii was a large success for them.
I'm not supporting that claim. I'm just pointing out that Nintendo has slid substantially in terms of market relevance over the past 10 years.

where do you get your information from?

ixbl9y.jpg

2mh8nq0.jpg

they don't (or didn't) have the most powerful handheld, but to say Nintendo lost the market is idiotic. They've been leading that market since the original gameboy came out, and that was even an inferior device to the sega gamegear.

Total Immortal was trolling headkicktoleg.... lol

sounds like a Game Genie with a Power Glove got his hands on the new Nintendo

Nintendo just had their latest financial report, looks like the trend is going back up ;)

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/highlight/index.html
Indeed, they finally moved some console units, but unfortunately for Nintendo, this is a world where if you aren't growing, you're already falling behind. Even if they had stayed level for the past 10 years they would have lost a large chunk of market share as Sony and Microsoft's gaming division revenues grew tremendously in those same years. Competition from other corners also increased.

Nintendo's total revenues for 2017 quoted in your source is 489bn yen. Sony's gaming division did 443bn yen in Q2 alone, last year.

The 2018 and 2019 forecasts from your source are hopelessly optimistic unless there's another Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Splatoon scheduled for release in the next 8-20 months. These four games alone account for 58% of all tracked physical sales on the platform (which accounted for over 80% of sales on the platform last I checked).

From a business point of view, it remains an extraordinarily top-heavy library with overall poor software tie-in, and with virtually zero presence in terms of network subscription-based revenue, or among the most successful "games-as-a-service" franchises with stiff perpetual revenue streams.

yeah MadMick pointed that out too, I just figured he was a PS Vita fanboy and entirely serious <45>

I probably could've ended my post with /s or something to make it obvious. The guy I was replying to made such a stupid statement so I guess I was trying to match him

I probably could've ended my post with /s or something to make it obvious. The guy I was replying to made such a stupid statement so I guess I was trying to match him
It's all kaine, I'm usually the dumbest person in the room and the last to "get it", yesterday was no exception

Back