The Oblique Kick and Low Side Kick Counter

perfect example of what happens when this kick lands cleanly and why it should be banned.

Keith Jardine did receive a pretty bad Hyperextended Leg Kick however it still shouldn't be ban and here are my reasons

#1 Jardine still fought the whole fight and won. If the kick he received was as bad as people believe it to be Jardine would've crumbled in pain in which he didn't

#2 As I said before it's fighting and it's never going to be safe in which the kick shouldn't be ban. The Hyperextended Leg Kick could hence **COULD** have the potential to do exactly as the name says which is to hyperextend your leg also so does the Kneebar but yet again no fighter bats an eye to that technique.

#3 U.F.C stands for the "ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS" If we ban things that we deem instantly career ruining than in that case we would be taking the F out of U.F.C. Even if it's ban from the sport it isn't banned from existence and It's also not going to stop that person that you sparred with from using it. It's here and it's better to find a way to counter it than it is to put a false sense of security and ban it from the U.F.C.

As I said this is why I made this post. I also made it to get rid of misconceptions like the attacker having to lift the knee before throwing it and being able to hurt the opponent by checking it. I'm currently experimenting and looking for counters my self. I'll post what defensive counters I believe may work against it and punish the opponent for throwing it.

Back