The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBS gets a lot of criticism (and deservedly so), but one thing that has been done well is Beerus' character development. Whis as well

At first, he was just some careless condescending overmonger who wouldn't think twice to destroy a planet and end millions of lives. Now you can see hes starting to develop an emotional attachment to the main characters. He's congratulating guys on how well they're doing, even though they're getting eliminated. Even Whis is showing he cares about their well being, when before he didn't seem to care about anyone that didn't have food.

"You idiot"....just shut up and watch"

I clearly said Z was good for its time and that enjoyed it as a kid. Just like one would enjoy shitty action movies from the 80s. Z had so many ass pulls that i hoped they'd fix with modern writers but it looks like they decided to ass pull even harder in Super. Foreshadow or not, unlocking so much power and breaking so many limits in 40 minutes is just weak shitty writing. Jiren not taking out shitty characters like Kale and Goku but taking out Hitt is garbage plot armor bs. Look, it can be a fun show and you can be a fan of the franchise but still call out the bs when you see it. Just like garbageass Tekken 7. I like the series overall but 6 and 7 suck dick. Super has some pretty scenes but the writing sucks dick. I guess i was expecting to be more modern and have better writing than Z. Gohan getting ass pulls always pissed me off. How many times is he gonna get his potential unlocked? How many times is he gonna break his limits in one saga? Like i said, Z had bad writing but i expected the new shit to fix that, not make it worse . Same ol same ol. Goku gets an ass pull and now catches Jirens attack like nothing. Happened in the BlowJob movie. Happened with Gohan vs Cell. Happened with Gogeta vs Janemba. Happened with Goku vs Furiza 1. Happened 2x with Cell vs Veggie. One guy gets an ass pull power up and becomes waaaaaay more powerful than his opponent and its usually because the other dumbfuck refuses to finish the fucking fight. Buu vs Gohan. The Zamazu saga was the best and it still had some serious ass pulls. But at least it had some new shit and mistery. At least they didn't win because of a "new power". Trunks's ass pull, while it looked cool, was some serious bs. And don't get me started on Kale, Kaulifla and stupidass Kefla. Power scaling was worse than Z. Oh and Gotenks showing up with a minute left before defusing against Furiza? And Boo falling asleep 2x? Come on... Shits written for 5 year olds.

Beerus is more like the proud daddy imo. Whis, to me, is more of the fan girl type.
I say Whis mostly because he's the one who has been training Goku for almost the entirety of Super

Beerus, to me, is happy because he finally has the rival he's been dreaming about since Battle of Gods

I clearly said Z was good for its time and that enjoyed it as a kid. Just like one would enjoy shitty action movies from the 80s. Z had so many ass pulls that i hoped they'd fix with modern writers but it looks like they decided to ass pull even harder in Super. Foreshadow or not, unlocking so much power and breaking so many limits in 40 minutes is just weak shitty writing. Jiren not taking out shitty characters like Kale and Goku but taking out Hitt is garbage plot armor bs. Look, it can be a fun show and you can be a fan of the franchise but still call out the bs when you see it. Just like garbageass Tekken 7. I like the series overall but 6 and 7 suck dick. Super has some pretty scenes but the writing sucks dick. I guess i was expecting to be more modern and have better writing than Z. Gohan getting ass pulls always pissed me off. How many times is he gonna get his potential unlocked? How many times is he gonna break his limits in one saga? Like i said, Z had bad writing but i expected the new shit to fix that, not make it worse . Same ol same ol. Goku gets an ass pull and now catches Jirens attack like nothing. Happened in the BlowJob movie. Happened with Gohan vs Cell. Happened with Gogeta vs Janemba. Happened with Goku vs Furiza 1. Happened 2x with Cell vs Veggie. One guy gets an ass pull power up and becomes waaaaaay more powerful than his opponent and its usually because the other dumbfuck refuses to finish the fucking fight. Buu vs Gohan. The Zamazu saga was the best and it still had some serious ass pulls. But at least it had some new shit and mistery. At least they didn't win because of a "new power". Trunks's ass pull, while it looked cool, was some serious bs. And don't get me started on Kale, Kaulifla and stupidass Kefla. Power scaling was worse than Z. Oh and Gotenks showing up with a minute left before defusing against Furiza? And Boo falling asleep 2x? Come on... Shits written for 5 year olds.
For the most part, the fans acknowledge the various problems with DB/DBZ/DBS but goddamit there is just something exciting about seeing Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks beat a fool's ass

UI is the most ascetically pleasing transformation in the entire series imo

The only other transformation that competes with it in SSJ4

I gotta agree. I wasn't feeling the white-haired artwork I saw a week ago, but it looked amazing in last night's episode. That war cry is sick, too

It looks absolutely fantastic.

But Goku turning SSJ for the first time was pretty epic as well.

Agreed. I never dug Super Saiyan Blue. GT had it's clear flaws but at least SSJ4 was cool and Menacing . Completed UI has an great look to it and it would be cool if his energy attacks were similar to the Attack Gogeta landed in Janemba in the Return of Fusion Movie.

Goku casually disposing of Jiren's energy blast. This reminds me of the swagger he had when he first turned SSJ

I like how all the Gods of destruction stand up as if to acknowledge the greatness they are witnessing

Yeah overall I really liked this episode

The hate is getting real thick in here. Don't watch it then. I've been re-watching DBZ Kai lately, and the stuff people are complaining about Super for is happening just as much in DBZ. Massive power ups after just losing? Check. Healing/recovering quickly? Check. Inconsistent writing? Check.

I like the blood and brutality of DBZ more, I'm assuming they have to scale it back now because of when it airs? Super has less filler IMO. I'm just watching it and enjoying it, you can't please everyone.

The hate is getting real thick in here. Don't watch it then. I've been re-watching DBZ Kai lately, and the stuff people are complaining about Super for is happening just as much in DBZ. Massive power ups after just losing? Check. Healing/recovering quickly? Check. Inconsistent writing? Check.

I like the blood and brutality of DBZ more, I'm assuming they have to scale it back now because of when it airs? Super has less filler IMO. I'm just watching it and enjoying it, you can't please everyone.

Still Prefer DBZ, but being completely honest I've been following Dragon Ball since the early 90s Son Goku is one of if not my favorite Fictional Characters , so I'm happy to just see the character and company still being popular and iconic , despite the flaws.

No Toyotaro isn't confident in increasing the bloodshed. Akira said in in interview that he told Toy that it was okay to up the violence and not to worry about it.

So there are 2 more episodes left? A break next week then episodes on the 17th and 24th?

I have a feeling Goku vs Jiren is going to come down to Goku pulling energy from fighting for others, his friends, family, planet. Jiren will ultimately be unable to draw on anything else other than raw power and Goku will explain to him how it IS a weakness to not have others to fight for rather than the other way around.

One "MAJOR" flaw of Epi 129 is that how did Goku got shirtless? When he turned mastered UI, while glowing and shit, we can still see his shirt on. But the very last moment, as the view zoom up from his leg to his face, he turned shirtless.

EDIT:

Throughout the video, even until 01:26 we can see his shirt on.
But 01:45, his shirt just went missing.

Last edited:
So there are 2 more episodes left? A break next week then episodes on the 17th and 24th?

I have a feeling Goku vs Jiren is going to come down to Goku pulling energy from fighting for others, his friends, family, planet. Jiren will ultimately be unable to draw on anything else other than raw power and Goku will explain to him how it IS a weakness to not have others to fight for rather than the other way around.

Xenoverse 2 gives Goku this attack that looks like a silver, smaller Spirit Bomb as one of his ultimate attacks. I have a felling that that move will be his finishing move on Jiren.

The biggest "ass pull" was you saying the zamasu saga being the best.

Wth was the whole point of that chaotic saga when all goku had to do was push a button and everything goes back to normal...

biggest "ass pull" I have ever seen for an ending

That's why you just gotta enjoy it for what it is instead of "ass pulling" nonstop

Frieza is still in it so I don't think it'll be that obvious

It looks absolutely fantastic.

But Goku turning SSJ for the first time was pretty epic as well.
I'd say the ssj is the most epic out of all.

Krillin dying then gohan and frieza
7UZcNxA.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

rGYp46u.jpg

One "MAJOR" flaw of Epi 129 is that how did Goku got shirtless? When he turned mastered UI, while glowing and shit, we can still see his shirt on. But the very last moment, as the view zoom up from his leg to his face, he turned shirtless.

EDIT:

Throughout the video, even until 01:26 we can see his shirt on.
But 01:45, his shirt just went missing.

His shirt is blown off. If you look closely, you'll see bits of it dissolving around his torso

Shirtless Goku has a losing record. He got fucked up against Raditz and Vegeta during the Saiyan saga but beat Frieza in the Namek saga.

He's 1-2. He's just trying to even things up now

Looking back, Goku has lost A LOT.

Z (4-5)
Lost against Raditz
Won against Nappa
Lost against Vegeta
Won against Jeice/Recoome/Burtur
Lost against Ginyu
Won against Frieza
Lost against Android 19
Lost against Cell
Won against Buu

Super (1-4)
Lost against Beerus (twice)
Won against Frieza
Lost against Hit
Lost against Zamasu/Goku Black/Merged Zamasu (multiple times)
Lost against Jiren (Round 1)

Goku's a can

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back