The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these transformations

Nothing comes near the epicness of ssj1 goku, vegeta and future trunks.
Goku’s first SSJ3 transformation >>>>>>>>>> everything else.

Looking back, Goku has lost A LOT.

Z (4-5)
Lost against Raditz
Won against Nappa
Lost against Vegeta
Won against Jeice/Recoome/Burtur
Lost against Ginyu
Won against Frieza
Lost against Android 19
Lost against Cell
Won against Buu

Super (1-4)
Lost against Beerus (twice)
Won against Frieza
Lost against Hit
Lost against Zamasu/Goku Black/Merged Zamasu (multiple times)
Lost against Jiren (Round 1)

Goku's a can

Yeah, and people say the writers are biased against Vegeta.

Z (4-5)
Lost against Raditz
Won against Nappa
Lost against Vegeta
Lost against Ginyu
Won against Frieza
Lost against Android 19
Lost against Cell
Won against Buu

Super (1-4)
Won against Frieza
Lost against Hit

Goku's a can

That list could be doubled in length when you add in his Dragonball battles.

Z (4-5)
Lost against Raditz
Won against Nappa
Lost against Vegeta
Lost against Ginyu
Won against Frieza
Lost against Android 19
Lost against Cell
Won against Buu

Super (1-4)
Won against Frieza
Lost against Hit

Goku's a can
We need a more detailed list. He won a lot of battles in the tournament of power.

We need a more detailed list. He won a lot of battles in the tournament of power.
I only listed heavy hitters and fighters who were an actual threat when he fought them. So even though he rag-dolled Nappa, I included him because Nappa was basically raping everyone before he showed up

I should probably add Kefla to the list, though

I'd say the ssj is the most epic out of all.

Krillin dying then gohan and frieza
7UZcNxA.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

rGYp46u.jpg
That aura after his transformation is the best aura in DB franchise imo. Looks so amazing

I clearly said Z was good for its time and that enjoyed it as a kid. Just like one would enjoy shitty action movies from the 80s. Z had so many ass pulls that i hoped they'd fix with modern writers bulooks like they decided to ass pull even harder in Super. Foreshadow or not, unlocking so much power and breaking so many limits in 40 minutes is just weak shitty writing. Jiren not taking out shitty characters like Kale and Goku but taking out Hitt is garbage plot armor bs. Look, it can be a fun show and you can be a fan of the franchise but still call out the bs when you see it. Just like garbageass Tekken 7. I like the series overall but 6 and 7 suck dick. Super has some pretty scenes but the writing sucks dick. I guess i was expecting to be more modern and have better writing than Z. Gohan getting ass pulls always pissed me off. How many times is he gonna get his potential unlocked? How many times is he gonna break his limits in one saga? Like i said, Z had bad writing but i expected the new shit to fix that, not make it worse . Same ol same ol. Goku gets an ass pull and now catches Jirens attack like nothing. Happened in the BlowJob movie. Happened with Gohan vs Cell. Happened with Gogeta vs Janemba. Happened with Goku vs Furiza 1. Happened 2x with Cell vs Veggie. One guy gets an ass pull power up and becomes waaaaaay more powerful than his opponent and its usually because the other dumbfuck refuses to finish the fucking fight. Buu vs Gohan. The Zamazu saga was the best and it still had some serious ass pulls. But at least it had some new shit and mistery. At least they didn't win because of a "new power". Trunks's ass pull, while it looked cool, was some serious bs. And don't get me started on Kale, Kaulifla and stupidass Kefla. Power scaling was worse than Z. Oh and Gotenks showing up with a minute left before defusing against Furiza? And Boo falling asleep 2x? Come on... Shits written for 5 year olds.

I agree with this. The writers should have known that a large number of fanbase is from Z who are now grown ups.

They could and should have done a better story.

Imagine frieza mastering ultra instinct

You know what would be hilarious, if Jiren out of nowhere just masters UI in the next episode and reveals his angel had been training him in secret, and then just decimates Goku, then people will be complaining how that isn't fair (both characters in the show and people in real life).
I mean I know U7's going to win, but it'd be funny seeing the shoe on the other foot and Goku and co. having no other power up to fall back on.

I was hoping the end of the ToP would have more interesting mechanics with U7 at least winning due to smarts and playing the rules if they were to win. Goku, Vegeta, and their kids just getting power ups when they need it was old and overdone literally decades ago. A new transformation every once in a while is neat and all, but Super had had more unique transformations for those two families than the entire runs of Z and GT put together. I think that's why many of the movies were usually appealing to me as there was usually teamwork used to defeat the main villain and not just a powerup (though there were exceptions like Janemba and Hidugarn).

I had a thought when 129 hit, of a DB parody sketch where two opponents just stand opposite each other and just say "You think you're the most powerful (charges up), well now I am." "Pfff, you think you're the strongest, (charges up), now I am the strongest." and just that sort of thing back and forth and back and forth, them not even fighting, as the camera just pans out and their voices fade away as they constantly one up one another.

You know what would be hilarious, if Jiren out of nowhere just masters UI in the next episode and reveals his angel had been training him in secret, and then just decimates Goku, then people will be complaining how that isn't fair (both characters in the show and people in real life).
I mean I know U7's going to win, but it'd be funny seeing the shoe on the other foot and Goku and co. having no other power up to fall back on.

I was hoping the end of the ToP would have more interesting mechanics with U7 at least winning due to smarts and playing the rules if they were to win. Goku, Vegeta, and their kids just getting power ups when they need it was old and overdone literally decades ago. A new transformation every once in a while is neat and all, but Super had had more unique transformations for those two families than the entire runs of Z and GT put together. I think that's why many of the movies were usually appealing to me as there was usually teamwork used to defeat the main villain and not just a powerup (though there were exceptions like Janemba and Hidugarn).

I had a thought when 129 hit, of a DB parody sketch where two opponents just stand opposite each other and just say "You think you're the most powerful (charges up), well now I am." "Pfff, you think you're the strongest, (charges up), now I am the strongest." and just that sort of thing back and forth and back and forth, them not even fighting, as the camera just pans out and their voices fade away as they constantly one up one another.

I agree.

Id prefer Jiren taking this ans cliff hanging it from there.

Im also all for it if jiren lost via goku, vegeta and frieza using team strategy.

The whole powering up is getting played out

So goku and vegeta achieved new levels under 40 minutes of action?

Gtfo

This episode made me think if they are going to play two different homages to the throw back series. What I mean is:

1. Have Goku win the tournament this time around. Like Hit was supposed to be Tien and Jiren is Piccolo in the final dragonball tournament.

2. Have Frieza distract Jiren in similar fashion to Vegeta did against Cell vs Gohan when they were doing the Kamehameha wave duel.

This tournament has had many homages such as Gohan grabbing Dyspo from behind so Frieza could beat him much like Raditz. Or how Jirens master protected Jiren in the same EXACT way as Piccolo sacrificing his life to save kid gohan.

The gap between Jiren and Mastered UI Goku just seems way to big for Jiren to win

This fight is reminding me so much of Frieza vs Goku.

Failed Spirit bomb ✔
New Form
Shirtless Goku ✔
Fight has a limited time limit ✔
Jiren looking like 100% Full Power Frieza ✔
sHx8u23.png

This stuff has to be intentional right?

Last edited:
The gap between Jiren and Mastered UI Goku just seems way to big for Jiren to win

This fight is reminding me so much of Frieza vs Goku.

Failed Spirit bomb check
New Form check
Shirtless Goku check
Fight has a limited time limit check
Jiren looking like 100% Full Power Frieza check
sHx8u23.png

This stuff has to be intentional right?
Well the Pride Troopers are a discount Ginyu Force so it's probably intentional

Frieza this saga is Vegeta in the Namek saga. Enemy turned ally to team up against a common enemy. Both also allied with the Z Fighters so they could try to get the dragon balls.

Z (4-5)
Lost against Raditz
Won against Nappa
Lost against Vegeta
Lost against Ginyu
Won against Frieza
Lost against Android 19
Lost against Cell
Won against Buu

Super (1-4)
Won against Frieza
Lost against Hit

Goku's a can

I have issue with some of those that you listed as losses. For instance he didn't lose against Hit. Also if he beats Jiren in the tournament then there is no loss there either.

I have issue with some of those that you listed as losses. For instance he didn't lose against Hit. Also if he beats Jiren in the tournament then there is no loss there either.
In the anime, even if he didn't forfeit, SS Blue and Kaioken were about to run out and Hit was still able to go

Right now, it's round 2 between Goku and Jiren. Goku the Can lost round 1

In the anime, even if he didn't forfeit, SS Blue and Kaioken were about to run out and Hit was still able to go

Right now, it's round 2 between Goku and Jiren. Goku the Can lost round 1

So he didn't lose.

No one cares about rounds. The tournament is still going and he has not lost.

I agree.

Id prefer Jiren taking this ans cliff hanging it from there.

Im also all for it if jiren lost via goku, vegeta and frieza using team strategy.

The whole powering up is getting played out

So goku and vegeta achieved new levels under 40 minutes of action?

Gtfo

Kefla power up within 40mins is the most insane in the most negative way possible.
SSJ1 to above Blue power. Hopefully the manga does the tournament some justice.

I'm still Team Jiren until the last second. Fuk u7 always winning. We need a "what the fuk did we just see" cliff hanger.

Kefla power up within 40mins is the most insane in the most negative way possible.
SSJ1 to above Blue power. Hopefully the manga does the tournament some justice.

I'm still Team Jiren until the last second. Fuk u7 always winning. We need a "what the fuk did we just see" cliff hanger.

This

And tbh I felt that wen goku died with radditz, when he nearly died with ginyu, then when he had the heart virus and got his ass beat as a super saiyan.

Slowly he was ramped him up each time. Unlike now.

This

And tbh I felt that wen goku died with radditz, when he nearly died with ginyu, then when he had the heart virus and got his ass beat as a super saiyan.

Slowly he was ramped him up each time. Unlike now.

The Raditz moment was the most shocking. Fresh off DB, when Piccolo is still middle ground from being a face and a heel. When their ulti actually kills people, not get tanked like it's nothing.

But that resulted in 237579150 minutes of Snake way running which was boring af.

The Raditz moment was the most shocking. Fresh off DB, when Piccolo is still middle ground from being a face and a heel. When their ulti actually kills people, not get tanked like it's nothing.

But that resulted in 237579150 minutes of Snake way running which was boring af.

But hey wen that happened we missed him and wen he came back, we were excited as hell.

Now, most of us are just annoyed of him

129 was Awesome. Gave me the chills multiple times. Gokus transformation was cool as hell on so many levels.

Beerus and Whis at the end "Hai".... Epic loved it. Sad it's ending. <{1-11}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back