The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by 5crew, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Plissken

Plissken Silver Belt

Yamcha isn't even around anymore, basically just showed up for the baseball game to get his moment in the sun, only had a cameo in the manga, he's more of a comedy character. Krillin is like a little mascot cheerleader for his old pal Goku, has more in common with Chiaotzu and Puar at this point than being an effective fighter.

At least Tien and Gohan were badasses and cool characters. Gohan is at least still a better human being than his dad as he actually cares for his family and doesn't just want to get into fights that will destroy planets. Honestly SSJ2 should have been the final transformation with only Gohan attaining it. Tien's DB arc as someone corrupted by his teacher to someone that rebelled against his teacher and became a hero and winning the second tournament in the series was good stuff. He also had that badass moment against Cell, he's been entirely underutilized and they haven't given him any evolution save for powering up his tri-beam. He also has actually interesting powers much like Piccolo, with his ability to grow a second set of arms and his third eye, and his clone replication thing. Roshi also was interesting in plain old Dragonball, but should probably take a backseat as a character that just shows up every so often.

Tien, Piccolo, and Gohan all should get better treatment. I wouldn't mind seeing those three with Vegeta and Goku (Goku not being in the spotlight as much). If the universes get brought back it'd be interesting to see Hit, Dyspo (Hit and Dyspo could be Goku and Vegeta type rivals, I'd rather Toppo and Jiren only show up for impact), Paparoni, and the Trio de Dangers get added to the regulars. Only interested in Cabba from the U6 Saiyans.

Snubnoze707 and jojoRed like this.
  2. 5crew

5crew Brown Belt

Throughout the 5 Arcs, there are a few times that they teased Gohan will break out of his scholar status.
    During Golden Freiza arc, he got wrecked so bad. He wanted to train so he can protect his family in case of repeats. A glimpse of hope. Turn out to be Pooo..

During the filler epis, where Gohan got casted as Saiyaman. The body snatcher parasite fight, he sworn to get stronger to protect Videl and Pan. Turned out to be Pooo...

During Future Trunks saga, we all thought Trunks might spark Gohan to rise again, but the Epi where Trunks saw Gohan with his family and decided to not to tell him about Black, that's the moment I knew Gohan fate is nailed to the coffin.

3. 5crew

5crew Brown Belt

I agree the backstory was weak as hell but the writers can easily change that. The backstory was told by Belmod, not Jiren himself. So they can still twist it saying it's wasn't 100% accurate when Jiren himself tells the story. Or make the "evil-doer" Belmod, as some fans suggested.

As far as the anime go, I also hated the fact that Jiren turned into a cocky fighter.

He was portrayed as a zen, don't give a crap, poker face character at the beginning. I think that vibe gained him quite a large number of fans, along with the fact we knew Jiren would be the final foe for this tournament.

He dissed Goku after defeating Hit, saying he is not needed anymore and proceed to meditate. Everyone went "Ohhhhhhh No~~~ He didn't" It was sort of badass if it was a one time thing.

Then he dissed Toppo, he insulted Vegeta and Goku, turned into a cocky over-muscled fellow.

That said, I have hope for serious character development on Jiren in future. Hopefully Hit as well. I loved Hit as a character. Time-Skip should be unbeatable tbh, the way the anime made Dsypo overcome that was stupid as shit.

jojoRed likes this.
  4. 5crew

5crew Brown Belt

You should continue watching the anime.

U6 tournament Saga is pretty good. Black Saga was fantastic when it started, only the last 3 epis crapped all over it. The current Survival Saga had it moment but is mostly flawed.

Tuf_guy and jojoRed like this.
  5. jojoRed

jojoRed Purple Belt

Living in the future, so the present is my past.
    Sometimes I feel like I can write better stories/characters than some of these shows/anime. Why didnt I have skill in art ffs. Sitting down to write a book is boring as hell, I love any visual medium much more than reading books.
    I'd love to write for a comic or a video game, may do so in the future if I can get an opportunity.

6. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

More information about the specific stuff that Toriyama created for this arc and some hints at what comes after

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Original twitter post

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Spawned_Fighter and D Train like this.
  7. TheLastEmperorReurns

TheLastEmperorReurns Brown Belt

Ultimate Instinct 2 in 2030 imo.

but for real, anything after the Frieza DBZ saga is bullshit.

All those Cell & Buu saga fans are wack. I want to slap the shit out of those low IQ bozos so fucking bad.

8. TheRuthlessOne

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    HwoarangStyle and kuromusha like this.
  9. TerraRayzing

TerraRayzing War against Stupidity

Never would have guessed. Good to see DB fans on sherdog.... although it is going to end pretty soon now.

10. Plissken

Plissken Silver Belt

Manga is still around and it's pretty different from the anime in terms of storytelling.

TerraRayzing likes this.
  11. TerraRayzing

TerraRayzing War against Stupidity

Following that too. I doubt the manga goes beyond the tournament of power.

12. Hidden_Hand

Hidden_Hand Purple Belt

Only most fans agree the Cell saga is the best one and Cell is the consensus best villain in all of DragonBall so I think you are out numbered on that thought. Then again our opinions are wrong because you and your genius IQ says so.

armbarforhire likes this.
  13. Emporio Alnino

Emporio Alnino only the results!

he who bears light exists in the deepest shadow
    a little info from toriyama on the upcoming movie... i'm intrigued by who the 'mighty foe' could possibly be.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Plissken and TheRuthlessOne like this.
  14. TheRuthlessOne

<mma4>

15. Plissken

Plissken Silver Belt

Betting it's either the foe that slew Jiren's family and master or a new godly Frieza.

16. TheRuthlessOne

17. Horse Style

Horse Style Red Belt

Holy shit.

The spoilers were wrong. Now we have no idea how
    the fuck 131 is gonna end.

Also, who else thought Frieza blasted Goku in the back at first?

18. Tyrannosaurus rex

Tyrannosaurus rex GrizzlyTitan

That was my first thought lol. Sounds like something that little cunt would do.

This episode was pretty great. Really looking forward to the next one now.

SoCalprodigy09, Ikuza and heavyarms21 like this.
  19. Horse Style

Horse Style Red Belt

They even made the energy shocking Goku purple just to fuck with us

Ikuza and Tyrannosaurus rex like this.
  20. Imbrued Esculence

Imbrued Esculence The belt that resides inside you

Didn't expect 17 to pop out. Thought he was as dead as Amon from The Legends Of Korra.