The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad all those Spoilers were fucking with us . Hyped episode. Great Artwork . Animation was quick at times but was still really cool to me.

Great animation, same weak writing. Goku getting whupped, about to be eliminated, remembers his friends who he was already fighting for, gets another power boost, about to win runs out of power again (pulled the same thing as last arc with Vegito). They even made Jiren essentially a bad guy so people would just flat out root for Goku and not have conflicting emotions with both guys fighting for their lives and their universes.
Wasn't even really surprised to see 17 pop up. What they should have done was had Jiren after powering up eventually defeat Goku like when he had him in the crater, blast him out after some words for Goku's warrior nature, then he's saved and 17 and Frieza show up, or Goku gets eliminated and 17 and Frieza are still standing (even better as it's not the Goku show and it stressed not just counting on oneself as Goku's allies are the only ones left) just to stress the conflicting ideologies in the anime version with Goku having friends and allies to count on and Jiren only being able to count on himself. Then it would be a battered and bruised U7 vs. a battered and bruised Jiren.
I'm expecting to be disappointed with 131 unfortunately, but at least the manga is still going.

I hate being a downer and being sour so often in this thread lately, I just wanted soothing more than what we are getting.

Great animation, same weak writing. Goku getting whupped, about to be eliminated, remembers his friends who he was already fighting for, gets another power boost, about to win runs out of power again (pulled the same thing as last arc with Vegito). They even made Jiren essentially a bad guy so people would just flat out root for Goku and not have conflicting emotions with both guys fighting for their lives and their universes.
Wasn't even really surprised to see 17 pop up. What they should have done was had Jiren after powering up eventually defeat Goku like when he had him in the crater, blast him out after some words for Goku's warrior nature, then he's saved and 17 and Frieza show up, or Goku gets eliminated and 17 and Frieza are still standing (even better as it's not the Goku show and it stressed not just counting on oneself as Goku's allies are the only ones left) just to stress the conflicting ideologies in the anime version with Goku having friends and allies to count on and Jiren only being able to count on himself. Then it would be a battered and bruised U7 vs. a battered and bruised Jiren.
I'm expecting to be disappointed with 131 unfortunately, but at least the manga is still going.

I hate being a downer and being sour so often in this thread lately, I just wanted soothing more than what we are getting.

You're not going to get that kind of story plot due to character development being nerfed for kids to understand. At the end of the day this is still a kids show.

Also, who else thought Frieza blasted Goku in the back at first?

They did played a sinister score while showing Goku back "exploded". I had a grin on my face when that happened.

I was also grinning when Jiren started wrecking Goku. Refresh my memory, Jiren is the first opponent that stood toe to toe to Goku after he gain a new form right? I was quite disappointed when Goku got that last Kamehameha and had Jiren admitting defeat.

The anime really screwed Jiren imo, so much immense power, but relatively weak character. All they can do in future is reveal that the evil doer that killed his family and master was Jiren himself. Just like Goku killed Grandpa Gohan. Meditation is the way to surpass his inner "Oozaru".

This epi shows how unstable Jiren really is. Shocked and disbelieve at his own loss, he's almost like a mad man.

Also, who else thought Frieza blasted Goku in the back at first?

I kind of thought that happened and I was ready to complain about it so it was nice that it wasn't the case. It was just a convenient plot device to weaken Goku right before he could end the fight at the perfect moment haha.

so it’s ok Jiren tried to kill U7 in the stands? DQ his ass

I kind of thought that happened and I was ready to complain about it so it was nice that it wasn't the case. It was just a convenient plot device to weaken Goku right before he could end the fight at the perfect moment haha.

It preserves Ultra Instinct. Jiren reached a whole new level of Power but Goku was getting faster and his power was also elevating. But Goku has been facing way more opponents than Jiren has in the tourney and has taken way more damage. So even though the "Toll" on his body has plot timing in the context of things it's not too horrible a stretch.

Damn I guess 17 really wants his boat!

I wonder if we will get some closure at the end back on earth? I'm hoping we do with I'm guessing the revived universes. Then a final mix of mini cliff hangers and blurbs of each revived universes (assuming this happens). Then finally Vegeta on his way with Whis to visit Planet Sadala and MUI Goku and 100% Beerus preparing to spar

I wonder if Goku proclaiming that he wasn't a hero of justice was a dig at the original Funimation dub.

They didn't even show Beerus' reaction or the Reaction from the Xenos and the Grand Priest.
would have been bad ass if all the angels made a force field to nullify the attack

I wonder if Goku proclaiming that he wasn't a hero of justice was a dig at the original Funimation dub.
English dub always put a bit more humanity into Goku and Vegeta

for example when Trunks is killed by Cell; in the Jap version Vegeta attacks because his pride is hurt by Gohan surpassing him. In the English dub he actually cares about Trunks to avenge him. I don’t think Toriyama has a soul lol.

English dub always put a bit more humanity into Goku and Vegeta

for example when Trunks is killed by Cell; in the Jap version Vegeta attacks because his pride is hurt by Gohan surpassing him. In the English on he actually cares about Trunks to avenge him. I don’t think Toriyama has a soul lol.
Yea, the dub was absurd with that. It kind of misses the point of his whole character. That speech he gave to Frieza was especially atrocious.

Yea, the dub was absurd with that. It kind of misses the point of his whole character. That speech he gave to Frieza was especially atrocious.
in the Jap version he comes across as even more of a dumbass. there really are only a few redeeming characteristics. he’s truly a reckless and selfish person so I can appreciate Sean Schemmel trying to put a bit of Superman into him with morality and honor.

It preserves Ultra Instinct. Jiren reached a whole new level of Power but Goku was getting faster and his power was also elevating. But Goku has been facing way more opponents than Jiren has in the tourney and has taken way more damage. So even though the "Toll" on his body has plot timing in the context of things it's not too horrible a stretch.

It's not a stretch that it would happen, it was just REALLY convenient timing. Not surprised of course haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back