The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
W9xdp7vJvI2hJjbo7Fl4kIO2pwCrPOJ7z1YvIMcy2ZQ.png

Awesome fan art of Broly vs. U6

1. I'm ready for the series to be over.

2. I wish that U7 would understand the rules of the tournament. Less fighting, more hiding.

3. "Speaking Jiren" is an annoying little bitch.

You really want the show to have people hiding instead of fighting?

And to be fair they were hiding until it was obvious that Goku was going to be eliminated. Jiren would destroy the entire arena the second he realizes that someone is hiding.

The power scaling is completely broken at this point so I have no expectations for this last episode. Even a worn down and beaten Jiren should immediately mop the floor with Frieza and 17.

I thought they were going to go in another direction with a Goku gifting Jiren energy and Jiren realizing the power of friends/family. Not saying that’s a good outcome, but it would have made more sense than Frieza and 17 putting up any resistance what so ever at this point.

Jiren could barely move when Goku was about to finish him. So Freeza who is on par with Blue and 17 who is around SSJ3 with unlimited energy should be able to put up a fight.

I felt like Goku was going to give Jiren energy to keep fighting.

I felt like Goku was going to give Jiren energy to keep fighting.

I thought for sure that they were going to go with that idea of Goku trying to show Jiren mercy to convince him that his (Jiren's) way of thinking is wrong, and Jiren would use that opportunity to blast Goku off the stage.

At least they didn't go total fucking bullshit and have Frieza attack Goku. I'm already pissed that mastered UI is basically just a power up now. I liked it better when Goku was essentially untouchable with UI.

Jiren could barely move when Goku was about to finish him. So Freeza who is on par with Blue and 17 who is around SSJ3 with unlimited energy should be able to put up a fight.

Yeah, they should. But this shit writing tho.

They are not fresh fighters though

You are comparing a fresh Frieza to an exhausted Frieza

17 might have unlimited energy but that doesn't mean he is impervious to damage

1. I'm ready for the series to be over.

2. I wish that U7 would understand the rules of the tournament. Less fighting, more hiding.

3. "Speaking Jiren" is an annoying little bitch.

No dumber than Universe 4 who had three characters that weren't even detected until they purposefully showed themselves while three other universes and a bunch of fighters remained. U4 could have probably easily won the thing if they so wished.

It's ok guys. Just one more episode to go. After next weekend we can shut down all this talk about DBS. Maybe a new series will come out before HxH does. Anyone notice parts of the fight between MUI Goku and Jiren kind of remind me of Saitama vs Lord Boros?

It's ok guys. Just one more episode to go. After next weekend we can shut down all this talk about DBS. Maybe a new series will come out before HxH does. Anyone notice parts of the fight between MUI Goku and Jiren kind of remind me of Saitama vs Lord Boros?

Well hopefully the ending is good and its not Goku just leaving to go train again

The DBS manga is still going, and I actually enjoy it. One writer working directly under Toriyama, and so lacks the inconsistencies. Hell the first issue with the ToP had the battle royale people expected and Jiren tossing out fighters from the start, it's not everyone vs. U7 and Jiren and the Pride Troopers standing around.
I need to finish Soul Eater so I'm going to go back to that as I have the blu-rays.

The DBS manga is still going, and I actually enjoy it. One writer working directly under Toriyama, and so lacks the inconsistencies. Hell the first issue with the ToP had the battle royale people expected and Jiren tossing out fighters from the start, it's not everyone vs. U7 and Jiren and the Pride Troopers standing around.
I need to finish Soul Eater so I'm going to go back to that as I have the blu-rays.
Is the DBS Manga going to move forward after ToP? Just curious. I personally avoid manga's with the exception of OPM. I just enjoy watching anime even if the storyline and detail can be often better in manga versions.

Is the DBS Manga going to move forward after ToP? Just curious. I personally avoid manga's with the exception of OPM. I just enjoy watching anime even if the storyline and detail can be often better in manga versions.
I would assume it will. Last year, they said they have plans for the manga to jump ahead of the anime. It didn't seem likely until they announced the anime was ending

I'm willing to bet the manga wraps up the Tournament of Power before the next movie comes out

Something i'm not seeing anyway brought up is Jiren trying to destroy the stands in an act of desparation? He really turned dark here and all that pride stuff went out the window, so much for a good guy lol

Where is that guy who is obsessed with Jiren who thought he would never be beaten?

Just found this

QDqoGiWKF6sGs1WeFqvpeeNfrO3Iy_DzqKHYE1la4M_wvw6vsxvCRk7TqTX9FsBdmoM=h900

Last edited:
Something i'm not seeing anyway brought up is Jiren trying to destroy the stands in an act of desparation? He really turned dark here and all that pride stuff went out the window, so much for a good guy lol

Where is that guy who is obsessed with Jiren who thought he would never be beaten?

Just found this

QDqoGiWKF6sGs1WeFqvpeeNfrO3Iy_DzqKHYE1la4M_wvw6vsxvCRk7TqTX9FsBdmoM=h900
Yeah, I’m surprised no one stepped in to protect the spectators.

Yeah, I’m surprised no one stepped in to protect the spectators.
Desperation leads the most noble men to insanity and we have seen that with Jiren, in the face of defeat he became enraged and unjust going as far to hurt bystanders who had nothing to do with him.

And Goku is fighting for something bigger now, it isn't about his love of fighting anymore it's about the 7 billion people on earth, it's about his family and his friends families, he in a way created this mess and he knows he has to win so he himself has become desperate and we get to see how different desperation can make two god like individuals.

I loved Goku becoming enraged at the sight of Jiren attacking his friends and basically ending him. I have also loved seeing Jiren turn into this crazy guy who is blood lust even showing his dark side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back