The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I been thinking and Frieza should probably win MVP if Universe 7 wins

He has given Goku energy and he has saved Goku from ring out at least 2 times from what I can remember

Without Frieza, Goku would have been eliminated long ago

Frieza GOAT!

I want Freiza to get a huge power boost and a new transformation! His species is one that transforms, and Golden form doesn't cut it anymore. Bring on Diamond Freiza!

Outside of Tien and the Trio de Dangerous not doing as well as in the anime (I mean Bergamo only lost to Blue Goku when he went kaio ken x10 in the anime), I thought the new manga chapter was excellent. Barely any Goku or Vegeta it was basically Goha, Frost, Frieza, and Piccolo with a bit of Krillin and Tien. Toyotaro really highlighted ring outs not by 1v1 power wins or anything like that but by cunning. Frieza's betrayal of Frost was done better, the Trio de Dangerous were all eliminated by Frieza being smart and taking them unawares, and we now know Dr. Rota's power (magic).

Is tonight the last episode?

Yes.

<DCrying>
<mma1>

tenor.gif

Well tonight it all ends for now. I just hope for a satisfying ending at least

Good guy 17 and Whis. Now to look for the English sub.

Jeez goku just grab jiren and teleport both of you out of bounds!
I was thinking that, as soon as Goku touched him, teleport outta there. But logic and DBZ doesnt mix and isnt as fun.

They couldve cheesed his ability early on, Krillin's flash the non flyers, have Goku grab people that couldnt fly etc and teleport outside the zone, then have Piccolo drag him back with his long arms. Have Vegeta and Frienza cover Piccolo's back etc.

Just finished it, wasn't the best episode to end on actually felt very rushed and I got the feeling the writers are glad to see it over with for now.

Jiren has nothing left after his wars with everyone which is understandable considering he has taken on the best of Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Kale, 17 all on his own essentially which when you think about it he is by far the most powerful and if he just had a one on one with any of them then he would wipe the floor with them.

He has a last attempt power up but I noticed they made a point to show that even with that he was only matching Goku in his normal state and Frieza in his normal state so they was emphasizing at this point Jiren was exhausted and beaten and I like that as no one can just keep going

I loved how Frieza went full savage mode on Jiren when he had him beaten but as usual his cockyness almost cost him.

Goku is one hard bastard but we all know that, the guy just don't stop unless you actually kill him.

Heavy theme here that trust and friendship prevails against all and it was pushed hard here, it basically came that no matter how strong and powerful you are you can never overcome love and friendship.

Overall this was rushed and didn't feel epic at all to be honest, kinda disappointed really.

Oh and Zeno knew all along U7 would win and you basically had to wish the other universes back otherwise you all get erased.

The finale felt rushed, a little underwhelming to be honest.

Good throw back though, Frieza and Goku working together instead of fighting with Goku barely turning SSJ.
The final fight with Vegeta and Goku is another throw back when Vegeta and Goku first fought. The background seems like the same location.

It's also funny that at the beginning of the tournament, everyone expected U11 to have the best teamwork because they have been working together as Pride Troopers. U7 is shown to have the worst teamwork because they flew off to fight individually the second the tournament started.
But the ending shows U7 winning by teamwork. I doubt this is done by accident, from beginning to start.

Felt a little cop out for Grand Priest to say that Zeno expected the "revive everyone" wish.

Also, I noticed something. Grand Priest eyes and 17 eyes looks very similar. Illuminati confirmed, 17 is the son of Grand Priest.

The_Great_Priest_in_Dragon_Ball_Super.jpg

androide-17-dragon-ball.png

Or they just used the same eyeliner.

Much better ending than last arc. Let's see what they come up with next.

Dragon Ball Super ended pretty much like this with Goku and Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back