The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates?

We will be getting some Jiren backstory in tonights episode
Here is a preview picture that was posted like 8 hours ago..Its not really a spoiler but I'm going to put it in spoiler tags just in case people get upset

vOwkxcp.jpg

I actually want Jiren to win the ToP, but I can see U7 getting the nod because Frieza hides and a critically hurt and exhausted Goku just barely hangs on while the time runs out. U7 is declared the winner, Frieza finishes off Goku and tries to get the final wish for ultimate power and life only for Frieza to get one of those ghost destroying hakai's from Jiren (I'll just assume he can do one), Beerus, or Toppo (since U11 wouldn't be erased straight away). Maybe then U11 gets erased but Goku wishes everyone back or some other shenanigans now that Frieza is gone.

Goku still has one more transformation, right?

17 was the best role player on the team to support the two all-stars (Goku and Vegeta). He put in way more work than any of us expected.

He's what Gohan should have been if he still had balls

if they had let toppo and jiren go full power from the start the torny would've probably been over already. that would've been before goku and vegeta got there powerups

What is Jiren wish again? I couldn’t understand.

What is Jiren wish again? I couldn’t understand.
Jiren cut Belmod off before they could clarify what his wish would be. My guess is he wants to bring back his parents and teacher

I don't know why the staff is liking Android 17 so much, or that 17 perhaps may have gotten higher on the popularity scale they show every once in awhile, nonetheless that individual get's the MVP award.

17 was the best role player on the team to support the two all-stars (Goku and Vegeta). He put in way more work than any of us expected.

He's what Gohan should have been if he still had balls

Gohan is hated by someone in the dragonball board.

Epi 127..

It's so weird. Great and bad the same time. The back story of Jiren seems a little loose, are they just foreshadowing the "Evil" is the ultimate antagonist like Buu was for DBZ?

Fights were very nice in this epi. It seems Jiren only weakness now is his "over"-confident. He got "surprised" by 3 or 4 sneak attacks but it seems his tankiness and reflex saved him each time. He is laxing on his defense due to his belief of his superior strength.

I got goosebumps for a second when Frieza raged and wanted to kill Jiren and disquality himself. Then he got wrecked.

Going by DB usual power level difference, Jiren easily win 17 + Goku Blue KaioKen + Vegeta Blueplus. This is just to show that WHEN Goku got full UI and beats Jiren, UI pawns three of them combined. That have always been the template of proving how new forms are vastly superior to the previous.

I'm still hoping Jiren wins, or this ToP goes no contest with a good cliffhanger.

Epi 127..

It's so weird. Great and bad the same time. The back story of Jiren seems a little loose, are they just foreshadowing the "Evil" is the ultimate antagonist like Buu was for DBZ?

Fights were very nice in this epi. It seems Jiren only weakness now is his "over"-confident. He got "surprised" by 3 or 4 sneak attacks but it seems his tankiness and reflex saved him each time. He is laxing on his defense due to his belief of his superior strength.

I got goosebumps for a second when Frieza raged and wanted to kill Jiren and disquality himself. Then he got wrecked.

Going by DB usual power level difference, Jiren easily win 17 + Goku Blue KaioKen + Vegeta Blueplus. This is just to show that WHEN Goku got full UI and beats Jiren, UI pawns three of them combined. That have always been the template of proving how new forms are vastly superior to the previous.

I'm still hoping Jiren wins, or this ToP goes no contest with a good cliffhanger.
We don't know how strong Goku is in UI. We just know he's hard as fuck to hit him

Jiren, Vegeta Blue 2 and GoD Toppo may still be stronger than UI Goku but it doesn't matter if they can't hit him.

UI Goku may just counter Jiren all day and catch him off-guard the same way he caught Kefla off-guard, eliminating her.

Last edited:
We don't know how strong Goku is in UI. We just know he's hard as fuck to hit him

We have seen UI Goku barely landed one knee on Jiren before Jiren went AHhhhhhhhh!!! in this epi.. In theory he should sucks again. But previously Goku Blue KaioKen x20 got wrecked hard and now he is sort of backing up Jiren..

Power scaling is not logical.

DB logic means Goku UI wins.
Heart wants Jiren to wreck everyone.

We have seen UI Goku barely landed one knee on Jiren before Jiren went AHhhhhhhhh!!! in this epi.. In theory he should sucks again. But previously Goku Blue KaioKen x20 got wrecked hard and now he is sort of backing up Jiren..

Power scaling is not logical.

DB logic means Goku UI wins.
Heart wants Jiren to wreck everyone.
He only backed up Jiren with Vegeta's help. Also, this episode screamed at us that attacks that catch people off-guard are more damaging. That's a big clue.

UI basically turns Goku into a counter-striker like Anderson and counter-striking is all about catching people off-balance / off-guard

He only backed up Jiren with Vegeta's help. Also, this episode screamed at us that attacks that catch people off-guard are more damaging. That's a big clue.

Yep, I mentioned that as well.

What's up with Jiren's backstory?

The clips I see don't have English subtitles.

Jiren is of House Stark.

What's up with Jiren's backstory?

The clips I see don't have English subtitles.

Jiren is of House Stark.

Baby Jiren village got slaughtered by unknown "Evil"
Baby Jiren got saved by Jiren verison of Master Mutaito.
He started learning Mafuba hoping to contain said Evil.
Teenager Jiren seeked revenge against Evil and got wrecked.
Jiren buddies turned into Master Crane and Mercenary Tao after losing.
Jiren realised loyalty is nothing, Strength is everything.
Jiren turned into Master Roshi, and lived like a Hermit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back