The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Jiren village got slaughtered by unknown "Evil"
Baby Jiren got saved by Jiren verison of Master Mutaito.
He started learning Mafuba hoping to contain said Evil.
Teenager Jiren seeked revenge against Evil and got wrecked.
Jiren buddies turned into Master Crane and Mercenary Tao after losing.
Jiren realised loyalty is nothing, Strength is everything.
Jiren turned into Master Roshi, and lived like a Hermit.

Isn't justice Jiren's crowning virtue though?

He believe that Strength > All. Thus Strength is Justice.
Also, the above post was a little joke.

Look at 12:33 of this link.

Seems that Jiren is even more virtuous than Goku.

Goku's only advantage over Jiren in the strength of character department is that Goku is much higher in 'openness to experience' (the creativity trait).

Goku's the type of ninja who thinks beyond the blocks/conception-framework that most people think they have to operate in.

Also note that Jiren calls Belmod by his name and never added sama after.
Jiren character turned from a quiet reserved guy to a super cocky one from the first time we met him.

Jiren is basically a mix of Ryu, Batman, and Superman.

Jiren character turned from a quiet reserved guy to a super cocky one from the first time we met him.

Because it's crappy writing that doesn't follow a long form Narrative. Toriyama does action well, but he doesn't plan shit . The Whole Cell and Boo Sagas were very random . If he had it originally Androids 19 and 20 would have been the Main Villains of the Post Freeza era.

17 was the best role player on the team to support the two all-stars (Goku and Vegeta). He put in way more work than any of us expected.

He's what Gohan should have been if he still had balls

Marriage and working for a big corporation turned him into a eunuch.

We don't know how strong Goku is in UI. We just know he's hard as fuck to hit him

Jiren, Vegeta Blue 2 and GoD Toppo may still be stronger than UI Goku but it doesn't matter if they can't hit him.

UI Goku may just counter Jiren all day and catch him off-guard the same way he caught Kefla off-guard, eliminating her.

I'm digging your observations mon fraire. And I must say that I agree.

Not only that, he basically told Belmod to shut up and stop running his mouth.

And Belmod did shut up and stopped running his mouth.

Because it's crappy writing that doesn't follow a long form Narrative. Toriyama does action well, but he doesn't plan shit . The Whole Cell and Boo Sagas were very random . If he had it originally Androids 19 and 20 would have been the Main Villains of the Post Freeza era.
Then lets be grateful for Toriyama’s spontaneous random writing. Because let’s be honest, that would of sucked.

i think that was my favorite episode of dragon ball ever. 17 is a fucking boss. i figured it went end like that for him. and jiren is just ridiculous. what a bad motherfucker. cant wait for him to eat shit though. i liked how he just calls belmod belmod instead of belmod sama or whatever. jiren could fuck him up probably, i wouldnt be callin nobody sama if i was as strong as jiren. they could lick my gray balls.

Anyone surprised at how moral Belmond came off? I always figured he was an amoral, trickster type god who only cared about his own goals.

Vegeta is gonna get eliminated next episode. Even though he has a prmise to cabba and wants to protect his family the writers always wants goku to get the final blow on jiren and win the tournqment. That is why vegeta gains lots of fans than goku now.
Fck

In general, Jiren doesn't really use honorifics. He's very much like Vegeta in that regard. That is the funny thing about Frieza, he uses very formal Japanese (same with Gohan but he's a lot more polite) and refers to almost everyone using honorifics (he only uses -sama with Beerus and himself)

Last edited:
Jiren is fucked

D1_D1_CE06_6987_445_D_A26_D_59_BB27094244.jpg

Lmao at Jiren telling Belmod to STFU, Like a grown ass man telling a little kid STFU or I'll kick your ass. Jiren > Belmod confirmed via Sonning.

Jiren origin story is pretty cool, so he wants to wish back his companions that were killed?

Fucking pissed from watching next week episode preview, Vegeta is gone. <DCrying>at least he had his moment against Toppo and is gonna probably give Jiren a good battle to the end. We all know Goku was gonna win it all anyway.

The fact that they showed Jiren wants a wish means he wont ever get it

Nah Jiren's wish will be something along the lines of wishing his guilt away or something like that. Or maybe he was that monster himself that killed all his family and and followers.

I am still hoping that Frieza does something

I figured they brought him back for a reason but after what happened to Gohan I really dont know anymore

I am still hoping that Frieza does something

I figured they brought him back for a reason but after what happened to Gohan I really dont know anymore

There's a plan for him, or else he would have been knocked out multiple times already.

17 fights how you’re supposed to fight in an all out battle. He’s the best fighter in the tournament. Not the strongest, but probably the smartest, most resourceful, and best team player.

It was obvious Goku would be the last man standing. We know he’d only mastered the defensive side of UI. Kefla said his punches lacked stopping power and Whis confirmed why. So when he next unlocks UI, I’m sure he’ll master the offensive side. Once he does that Jiren won’t be shrugging off his attacks.

So much head scratching moments during this tournament. They could have made this soooooooooo much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back