The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, Toyotora is rushing the Tournament of Power like he's about to die tomorrow and needs to get everything finished. The way he wasted Aniraza was out of line.

I do like how they explain that even though Kale is impressively strong, most of her success is simply catching everyone off-guard since she's just brawling. The bums of U11 whipped her ass with just teamwork.

Vegeta even hinted that he could deal with her himself just with better fight IQ. That may hint how the final battle against Broly will go down.

In the trailer Vegeta said that Broly learns as he fights

Top tier fight IQ imo

Hit was weaker than Vegeta even back in the U6 arc. He won because Vegeta was already low on stamina and because they didn't figure out how his Time Skip worked yet.

Goku used the Hit vs Vegeta fight to figure out Hit's Time Skip so he could counter it

That is only in manga version. And it was simply implied that he could win if he was in full power. All is talk, especially in DB franchise due to power level craziness, until they actually fought.

Even in the Anime version, it's impossible to say if Goku didn't figure out about Hit timeskip skill, that Vegeta would. So not a discussion to be expanded on imo.

That is only in manga version. And it was simply implied that he could win if he was in full power. All is talk, especially in DB franchise due to power level craziness, until they actually fought.

Vegeta does that a lot

"Well I could have beaten him if I wanted to"

Sure Vegeta, sure.

I hated the tournament of power too long I know DB is about fighting but I like episodes where they do other things

He is pretty crappy.. crazy how he landed such a high position when it doesn't seem like he's really qualified to be there.
Art is fine but he needs to stay away from storyboarding terrible at telling stories glorified fan fiction mangaka

Even in the Anime version, it's impossible to say if Goku didn't figure out about Hit timeskip skill, that Vegeta would. So not a discussion to be expanded on imo.
It was implied by Whis and Whis isn't the type of character to make up something like that.

Vegeta has been praised for his battle prowess several times in this franchise and we've seen him be analytical in both the anime and manga so if Goku figured it out from Vegeta's fight with Hit, I'm confident Vegeta would do the same if the situation was reversed.

Couldn't agree more.. his work just falls flat to me.
His back ground is doing fan fiction on Dragon Ball AF. A large number of the "Dragon Ball Fan base " defend this dude religiously , I'm on the opposite end he is a Toriyama wannabe that can copy the art but has nowhere near Toriyama's skill in crafting the flow of a manga page and he also doesn't have the benefit of having and editor like Torishima that greatly kept Toriyama in check and motivated.

Toriyama should just do the manga and stop being a lazy piece of shit

Seems to me like he wants to do the least amount of work possible.

If Murata drew DB it would be amazing.

Toriyama should just do the manga and stop being a lazy piece of shit

Seems to me like he wants to do the least amount of work possible.

To be fair the life of the regular mangaka sucks. His prime was the late 80s early 90s he isn't a spring Chicken anymore and already is financially set.

So why did Vegeta and Goku never revive the other Saiyans that were killed by Frieza? I know they were mostly dicks, but Vegeta was straight up evil in the beginning too. If he can be redeemed and turned into a good guy, so can the other guys like Raditz, Bardock, Nappa and King Vegeta.

So why did Vegeta and Goku never revive the other Saiyans that were killed by Frieza? I know they were mostly dicks, but Vegeta was straight up evil in the beginning too. If he can be redeemed and turned into a good guy, so can the other guys like Raditz, Bardock, Nappa and King Vegeta.
Goku never knew the other Saiyans killed by Frieza so he has no emotional connection with them. The only Saiyans in U7 he met, tried to kill him so he has no reason to revive them. Vegeta is an exception because he was redeemed in Goku's eyes by the time of his first death.

Vegeta straight up didn't care about them. He supposedly, in the Japanese dub, didn't care about his father either.

Goku never knew the other Saiyans killed by Frieza so he has no emotional connection with them. The only Saiyans in U7 he met, tried to kill him so he has no reason to revive them. Vegeta is an exception because he was redeemed in Goku's eyes by the time of his first death.

Vegeta straight up didn't care about them. He supposedly, in the Japanese dub, didn't care about his father either.
Damn, didn't know Vegeta never cared. Thought he would want them back, considering he's always yammering on about Saiyan pride and whatnot. If they trained them they could become a pretty powerful force of good, like the pride troopers or something.

Damn, didn't know Vegeta never cared. Thought he would want them back, considering he's always yammering on about Saiyan pride and whatnot. If they trained them they could become a pretty powerful force of good, like the pride troopers or something.
Maybe. I feel, like most races, the vast majority of Saiyans probably wouldn't amount to much. Vegeta is a standout and Goku has had several different teachers, some being godly (King Kai, Whis).

I mean Nappa was already an adult when Vegeta was a child but still only 1/4 as strong as Vegeta during the Saiyan arc. That's pretty sad once you realize Nappa was an elite Saiyan

Maybe. I feel, like most races, the vast majority of Saiyans probably wouldn't amount to much. Vegeta is a standout and Goku has had several different teachers, some being godly (King Kai, Whis).

I mean Nappa was already an adult when Vegeta was a child but still only 1/4 as strong as Vegeta during the Saiyan arc. That's pretty sad once you realize Nappa was an elite Saiyan
Fair enough. But I feel like the show has constantly shown that Saiyans can constantly break through barriers with new enemies and new teachers. None of the others Saiyans went trough what Goku and Vegeta did. If they got trained by them I'm sure they could become a lot stronger. Maybe not as strong as Goku and Vegeta, but still decent fighters on the level of Final Form Frieza maybe. Or even Cell. They have good potential, just not the extreme training that Goku and Vegeta had. Probably something to do with Frieza holding them back as well.

Saiyans were supposed to be special

Goku and Vegeta, the last of an extinct warrior race. The strongest in all the universe!

These are some badass looking action figures. I pre ordered both

Dragon Ball Super Masterlise Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku.
69a298be-2f78-461c-a82b-b71dbb7411ac.jpg

Dragon Ball Super King Clustar Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power)
694c70f5-36fc-44e2-be37-6aaabde8db25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back